• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 ARG?

The Story So Far....

Part 1: ENLIST
Get a War Job

getawarjob.jpg

First popping up in an "ad" in GamePro readers were told to visit Getawarjob.com. When you get to the site you have several options. You can "Enlist for Military Service", which is giving them a means to contact you in the ARG. Email, Phone, and Address. Secondly there are two Brochures you can flip through.

BrochureA.jpg

BrochureB.jpg

Finally, and perhaps most interesting is a phone number on the business card.

businesscard.png

I've recorded the message you get when you call the number, and it can be heard here:
http://boomp3.com/listen/byossrwwb_l/get-a-war-job-phone-message

Part 2: What do you know about Project Abraham?

After seemingly hitting a brick wall, we GAFfers pulled ahead and found another piece of the puzzle. At the bottom of one of the Gamepro ads, it was noticed that there were a series of dots, that when treated as Morse code spells out "FOLLOW THE MAP".

Taking the advice, we looked up on that same page and found the following map:
2cwue4o.jpg

At this point we began picking the square code apart. If you read the code like a book, and treat the dotted squares as stopping points, you end up with a string of numbers ranging 1-26. Finding their equal alphabetic value (1=A, 2 = B, etc.) leaves you with the message:
"HOW FAR WILL THEY GO PROJECT ABRAHAM"

This leads us to: http://projectabraham.com/

A Short video plays (A downloadable version can be found here for your convenience). In the video we see through the eyes of someone on a stretcher. The doctors are trying to do their job (whether it's Good or Evil), but the woman in the video (Cassie) is obviously concerned.

Cassie.jpg

At the end of the video there's another string of Morse Code which I transcribed out to "BLACKOUT" which lead us here: http://projectabraham.com/blackout/

The current meaning behind this site is unknown.

I'll keep this thread updated with any new info, and I look forward to it really taking off. The ARG is rumored to be the work of Forty Two Entertainment (I Love Bees, The Dark Knight ARG, etc.). I can't wait for it to get started for real!:D

Basch

In the series of adverts, they included a small block of text that gives you an address with the title of "Mail for FREE information." Anybody want to try it. :D I might if I feel it is worth it. I'm still perusing the inside cover to see if I can find any more interesting tidbits.

Oh yeah, the message also asks Mr. Hedges(who knows) about sending a pamphlet titled "American Radio and You." That might be important.

Basch said:
In the series of adverts, they included a small block of text that gives you an address with the title of "Mail for FREE information." Anybody want to try it. :D I might if I feel it is worth it. I'm still perusing the inside cover to see if I can find any more interesting tidbits.
I've sent out something to it requesting info. Hopefully we'll hear more.

Basch

Buttonbasher said:
I've sent out something to it requesting info. Hopefully we'll hear more.

Yeah, I'll probably send something too. They wouldn't have included that had they not wanted us to do so. :D

centracore

Basch said:

What is the address given?

Interesting clue. On the bottom of the ad for "DEADLY INFLUENZA" there's Morse Code that decyphers to "FOLLOW THE MAP". There's a map on that page too with with boxes and dots. I'll keep looking.

Basch

Buttonbasher said:
Interesting clue. On the bottom of the ad for "DEADLY INFLUENZA" there's Morse Code that decyphers to "FOLLOW THE MAP". There's a map on that page too with with boxes and dots. I'll keep looking.

Is the Morse Code part that series of dots after dashed lines at the bottom of the mail address box. I don't know Morse Code, so I'm sh!t out of luck. What do you think they mean by follow the map. Do you think those dots and boxes stand for something in Morse Code too. I HATE MORSE CODE!!! ENOUGH WITH THE MORSE CODEZzz! Ugh. I'm afraid I will not be able to provide you with any help. :lol Best of luck to you, sir!

Buttonbasher said:
where is that ad? I don't see it on the website or in the OP

Basch

BobTheFork said:
where is that ad? I don't see it on the website or in the OP

In the GamePro magazine's inside cover. I'm trying to figure out what follow the map means. N4G is a nice place to search when in need. ;)

Basch said:
Is the Morse Code part that series of dots after dashed lines at the bottom of the mail address box. I don't know Morse Code, so I'm sh!t out of luck. What do you think they mean by follow the map. Do you think those dots and boxes stand for something in Morse Code too. I HATE MORSE CODE!!! ENOUGH WITH THE MORSE CODEZzz! Ugh. I'm afraid I will not be able to provide you with any help. :lol Best of luck to you, sir!
I'm not sure if that picture is our map. Perhaps in the future the map will be revealed...

Basch

untoldhero said:
Sorry I meant Cover that Cough lol Spelling mistake! Still can't make it out.

I still don't see what you're talking about. :p Hey did anybody else notice Hale has a new uniform. SRPA, baby! See that other poor fool about to be eaten by that Chimera? That's because he's not SRPA material. :lol

Basch

Please, anybody who knows Morse Code, help us out here. There's something about those boxes and dots on the map. I swear it. :D

Fine, I'll teach myself Morse Codez!

Basch said:
I still don't see what you're talking about. :p Hey did anybody else notice Hale has a new uniform. SRPA, baby! See that other poor fool about to be eaten by that Chimera? That's because he's not SRPA material. :lol
untitled.jpg

Basch

Here's the page we're analyzing for anyone who wanted to know. It's not a scan. It was provided through GamePro. Thank God! :lol

196168-4-1.jpg

untoldhero said:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now. Probably nothing. If its that small, its not worth looking into.

cjdunn

Bit of real history -- The 1918 flu, aka the Spanish flu:
The Spanish flu lasted from March 1918 to June 1920, spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands.It is estimated that anywhere from 20 to 100 million people were killed worldwide, or the approximate equivalent of one third of the population of Europe, more than double the number killed in World War I.

Basch

cjdunn said:
Bit of real history -- The 1918 flu, aka the Spanish flu:

This one, I think, is just a cover-up for the Chimeran outbreak. Remember, America closed down it's borders to outsiders and any information from the rest of the world. That is why the American soldiers went in clueless at the beginning of R1.

cjdunn

Well yes, of course, but my point is it's a well done bit of story using real world history.

People from the 1950's of the Resistance alt. timeline would believe the cover-up... for a while.

Basch

cjtiger300 said:
A lot better storyline? Check!

Watch it. Resistance: Fall of Man had one of the best stories to grace video games EVER. Pay attention a little more and you might have learned something. ;) But, yes, the story does seem to be getting even better. Mostly because were learning more things about the Resistance universe.

Basch

Alright GAF, brand new day. So let's get this thing figured out. We know the Morse Code deciphers into "Follow the Map." After much deliberation, the map on this page is what we need. No other map can be linked to this. There's just no way. They wouldn't put those boxes on that map for nothing. It must represent something. I got the feeling everything we need is in this insert. Otherwise, they would have gave us supplemental material. So... these boxes. Start brainstorming people. We need to crack this mystery wide open. :D

Basch

Fenderputty said:
Cool ... I signed up for it. Is the message long? I don't know if I should call from work.

The OP converted it to a sound file that you can listen to. Its about a minute long, but here's what it says...

Man's voice: "Every citizen of this great nation has an obligation to hope, an obligation to freedom, on obligation to peace, and an obligation to the red, white, and blue. We are the strongest nation on Earth, and only YOU can keep it that way. Enlist with the military today to defend every American man, woman, and child against the forces that conspire against us. For more information, visit your local recruiting office. Protect our nation: get a war job."

*pause for a few seconds*

Woman's voice: "Goodbye."

Thanks to Laelaps, from MyResistance, for transcribing it.

Basch said:
The OP converted it to a sound file that you can listen to. Its about a minute long, but here's what it says...

Thanks to Laelaps, from MyResistance, for transcribing it.

Thanks you so much. I would have listened to the OP's file if I wasn't fire-walled to hell here at work. I would have called though. I just didn't want to make it a long call.

thanks again for your efforts.

Basch said:
Alright GAF, brand new day. So let's get this thing figured out. We know the Morse Code deciphers into "Follow the Map." After much deliberation, the map on this page is what we need. No other map can be linked to this. There's just no way. They wouldn't put those boxes on that map for nothing. It must represent something. I got the feeling everything we need is in this insert. Otherwise, they would have gave us supplemental material. So... these boxes. Start brainstorming people. We need to crack this mystery wide open. :D
I feel like we're looking over something. Open any modern magazine and look at the ads. If one of those ads said "Look for the keys" or something would you bother looking elsewhere on the page, outside of the ad? Nope. I'm thinking all that we need is self contained in that area. Mail for FREE INFORMATION. What have we been looking for? More information on this map we're supposed to follow. Perhaps it's not saying "You can mail here for some free info" but rather "You are supposed to MAIL HERE for the information you need".

I sent out my letter this morning, so hopefully this leads to some progression.

M3Freak

Banned
I was going to sign up for this, but they're asking for too much personal info. I know Sony already has some personal info because of PSN and their Underground stuff, but I don't want to give it out this time.

m3freak is a little sad.

Basch

M3Freak said:
I was going to sign up for this, but they're asking for too much personal info. I know Sony already has some personal info because of PSN and their Underground stuff, but I don't want to give it out this time.

m3freak is a little sad.

Its Insomniac. You're not going to war. They wouldn't let you anyways since they give you the option of choosing different countries and stuff. :D Its probably just so they can contact you when more information is made available. If you still don't want to, I'll let you know what E-Mails I get and such. That way you still know what's going on.

Top Bottom