• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 Artworks(56K -no) - HOLY HELL are the right words

Firewire

Banned
Kibbles said:
Great concept art! I hope these events actually take place in the game. Looks awesome.

In Insomniac we trust! :)

Seriously you're eyes will bleed when you gaze upon the epic battleground of Resistance 2!

Basch

Slamo said:
Holy shit at the tentacle thingy

My tentacly-sentinely looking thing! No one else can have it. They should make a versus mode where one team will have to defend the thing while the others attack. Can't let the creature die. Nothing like motivation. I would own at that game. No one can take that thing away from me. Matter of fact, I would protect it all on my own.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
The artwork looks great. I hope we get to see one of those massive ships in the game at some point. Something like in Independence Day when the ships begin flying over the cities and block out the sun. That would be cool.

Kittonwy

Banned
segasonic said:
those look photoshopped

probably bullshots

gtfo.gif

Indifferent2.gif

Finguo

Wow @ the motherships and big alien monsters.
Have never played the first game (don´t own a PS3) but mankind seems to be pretty fucked in R2.
This looks like humans vs. Combine, only ten times better.
Awesome.

Basch

Finguo said:
Wow @ the motherships and big alien monsters.
Have never played the first game (don´t own a PS3) but mankind seems to be pretty fucked in R2.
Awesome.

Subtitle found.

Resistance 2: Man is Fucked

and its followup...

Resistance 3: Chimeran Style

*Future Ad* Now you can enjoy the first three installments of the critically acclaimed Resistance series: Fall of Man, Man is Fucked, Chimeran Style.

Brings a whole new meaning to Insomniac's suggestive titles. :D

careksims

If they can put these in real time actual gameplay ~ HOLY HELL!!!

Those mother ships over the Golden Gate Bridge. I want to be running on that bridge and look up in the game.

Nizz

Looks like there's going to be some EPIC ish going down in this game :D That giant ship flying over the Golden Gate bridge? Looks like some ID4 type "we're ready to take over your planet" stuff. Those in game model renders look very tight also. Can't wait to start seeing this stuff in motion!

Firewire

Banned
This is giving me the desire to play Resistance again. I've already played it 4 times, but what the hell, its just that good!

Ephemeris

Sorry about the pic, but if they could capture the feeling of this -->

15f6p6r.jpg

In actual gameplay-no-cutscene-BS I will buy two
no.. THREE
copies.

If it's a cutscene, i will buy one copy.

Ephemeris said:
Sorry about the pic, but if they could capture the feeling of this -->

15f6p6r.jpg

In actual gameplay-no-cutscene-BS I will buy two
no.. THREE
copies.

If it's a cutscene, i will buy one copy.

Its an awesome picture, but obviously concept art.

Oh man these are perfect for a new background Thanks for the plug Basch I am going to have to make one more background with these.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Basch said:
BruceLeeRoy did these ones, not of the artwork though. But still deserve to color computer monitors everywhere.

Awesome thanks a lot.

edit: that GG Bridge shot is the best desktop ever O_O.

Gattsu25

Banned
:lol Just showed these to someone at my job who thought they looked great...until I answered his question on what platform the game is on

Basch

Gattsu25 said:
Can I get a copy of this one where the horizontal resolution is 1440?

I can't do any image editing at work

Take Mine. Comes without the logo, but duplicated sky to achieve cover up. What? I'm lazy. So what. :lol

BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh man these are perfect for a new background Thanks for the plug Basch I am going to have to make one more background with these.

*Simply amazing wallpaper. Right Click - Save Picture As.*

To tell you the truth. Everytime I see a Resistance thread, I think, "Man, I hope Bruce can whip up some more of those outstanding wallpapers." I need to plaster my home in Resistance 2 awesomeness. Speaking of which. Anybody who visits my HOME space in the future will have to respectfully bow to the Insomni-Naughty-SuckerPunchery statues before entering. You walk onto sacred grounds. My Godly shrine shall encompass my love for all three undeniably awesome devs. I may throw a little Ninja Theory in there as well. We'll see. :D

~Devil Trigger~ said:
IF INSOMNIAC PULLS OFF THIS CONCEPT......then, the End is near

*EPIC OH-MY-GOD Concept Pic*

It would be the end of the world. Not even the highest budgeted films could achieve that level of cinematic flair. If this did come true, I would be forced to sell my soul. :D

The Chef

Doc Evils said:
My favorite. So fucking epic.

Look at the freakin size of that thing - totally insane

Basch said:
Anybody who visits my HOME space in the future will have to respectfully bow to the Insomni-Naughty-SuckerPunchery statues before entering. You walk onto sacred grounds. My Godly shrine shall encompass my love for all three undeniably awesome devs. I may throw a little Ninja Theory in there as well. We'll see.

I seriously cant wait to see that :lol

M3Freak

Banned
I am in awe.

If Insomniac can pull off that screenshot with the massive walker thingy (I can't remember what they're called), I'll shyte my pants. I'm talking about the atmosphere, obviously, but the graphics would be important too.

The Chef

FirewalkR said:

What if in 60 player online it was everyone on the same team trying to take this thing down. Tanks, planes, all kinds of stuff at your disposal working together. How awesome would that be.

Ploid 3.0

Shadow of the Goliaths if they get that running in game. I can see it now first time in co op mode.

Heavy-"Someone enter the hole there, maybe we can go inside it and act as a virus and kill it from within"

Spec op #4-"I don't know man it l hate being the KO'ed dude all the time"

Medic-"I'll bring you back to life. I have mega charge at the moment. I'll save it for ya'

Spec op #4-"Oh wow there's a swimming pool in here. The chimerians are just chilling playing Ratchet and Clank Future.. Ok they're asking if I played MGS4 yet. They have it. I'm going to defect guys."

The Chef

Ploid 3.0 said:
Spec op #4-"Oh wow there's a swimming pool in here. The chimerians are just chilling playing Ratchet and Clank Future.. Ok they're asking if I played MGS4 yet. They have it. I'm going to defect guys."

hahahahaahahahah

Top Bottom