• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 Artworks(56K -no) - HOLY HELL are the right words

ZeroTolerance

Thanks to Solidsnake for these scaled Images:
SolidSnakex said:
oass2w.jpg

29gkdah.jpg

n70fnl.jpg

15f6p6r.jpg

5wzbf5.jpg

iwhp38.jpg

10y2cyv.jpg

24d3ng0.jpg

HI-RES
ZeroTolerance said:

Posted in the other Resistance threads but those threads are kinda at the point of no return so here.

tanod

when is my burrito
jooey said:
prrretty sure we can let this go.

For this thread "DSL no" :p

@OP: You need to out the smaller images in the thread. Put the big shots in link. You have it backwards. LOL

glaurung

That tentacle thing in one of the concept drawings borders on the awesome up to insanely cool.

I hope it makes it to the game and it is not the final boss.

ZeroTolerance

tanod said:
For this thread "DSL no" :p

@OP: You need to out the smaller images in the thread. Put the big shots in link. You have it backwards. LOL

Yeah I have replaced the images with Solidsnake's mod on the original ones.

Pimpwerx

I got the first game last week, and I'm playing through it for the first time. WTF is that behemoth in the 4th pic? PEACE.

Tideas

Banned
how do you fight something as huge as that golliath with just 50's tank and aircraft?

You need like a B2 bomber for that ,lol

atomico

liked the one with the tanks and infantry fighting that huge stalker (goliath? forgot the name).

I'm trying not to think about how awesome it would in actual MP :D

edit: and with airplanes too, warhawk-style...? damn...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I like how the new Stalker design bristles, more menacing than the sleeker design in R1.

And Insomniac sure do love their 4-legged mecha tanks.

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
I just know those 4 legged things with the big red eye's are going to be a bitch to take down.

That's a stalker, I think. :D

In the 4th screenshot, I thought it was a Goliath at first but after looking closer, it looks like it's about 20 times bigger. :O

Basch

Yay! I was wondering when this would be released. It was hard to keep talking about the artwork and no one knowing what the hell you're talking about. That cover could almost pass as real-time. I would pay top dollar for games to look like that. And my abiding love for the large sentinel looking creature has never been stronger. Insomniac are Gods. :D

kaching said:
I like how the new Stalker design bristles, more menacing than the sleeker design in R1.

And Insomniac sure do love their 4-legged mecha tanks.
I like how it's all black and shiny now too just like the ps3 itself :D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
segasonic said:
those look photoshopped

probably bullshots

....it's artwork?

Cmon insomniac get some vids out please. We gotta see this baby in motion, see how much it stands up to KZ2. When can we get this hype train started?

Basch

atomico said:
liked the one with the tanks and infantry fighting that huge stalker (goliath? forgot the name).

tanod said:
I thought it was a Goliath at first but after looking closer, it looks like it's about 20 times bigger. :O

The one in the third picture? I think that is the Goliath. They have just scaled them up a bit, which would have been one of my suggesstions/complaints from the first game, but somehow I forget to mention them with the oncoming awesomeness that is Resistance news. Heh. Insomniac already addressed all my major concerns. One other thing. Don't shy away from blood this time. I don't mean to drench the game with gore, but just touch it up a bit for a more realistic feel. :D

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
That's a stalker, I think. :D

In the 4th screenshot, I thought it was a Goliath at first but after looking closer, it looks like it's about 20 times bigger. :O

I seriously can't wait to play this. I'm just getting vibes of huge hectic battles!

tanod

when is my burrito
Basch said:
The one in the third picture? I think that is the Goliath. They have just scaled them up a bit, which would have been one of my suggesstions/complaints from the first game, but somehow I forget to mention them with the oncoming awesomeness that is Resistance news. Heh. Insomniac already addressed all my major concerns. One other thing. Don't shy away from blood this time. I don't mean to drench the game with gore, but just touch it up a bit for a more realistic feel. :D

I edited but I meant the 4th shot. WTF is that?

Basch

tanod said:
I edited but I meant the 4th shot. WTF is that?

The Stalker. And I thought that battle in London was hard enough with all the Stalkers and Widowmakers. Looks like I will get a work out in Resistance 2. :D

While everybody on the periphery of Resistance play are freaking out over the graphics, ect....

I predict the hardcore Resistance players among us (Hai GAF Clan!) are freaking out over one particular detail:

29gkdah.jpg

The hybrid on the left. OMG. He's kneeling! MEGATON if in multi!

:D

Kibbles said:
Great concept art! I hope these events actually take place in the game. Looks awesome.

Ted Price has said the game will have a big emphasis on major boss fights in the single-player campaign. They want to prove that they can do them in an awesome way in an FPS.

Judging from the bosses featured in the concept art, I'm pretty psyched.

Top Bottom