• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Aladuf

Banned
Here's 3 from the San Francisco level. No flash this time :lol

Sorry if they came out a little blurry but I was trying to get the best possible shots I could as quickly as possible while avoiding death.

100_0839.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0843.jpg

Crap I have to update the firmware first. I hope the store gets fixed so I can use this thing. LOL I know I swore a page ago I wasn't going to play the beta, but seriously I can't wait. R2 is just too good even in early forms to pass up again.

jmonteiro said:

No. I think it's just from GAP. I never got Qore.

Goldrusher

Loading screen...

2vw6vci.jpg

In-game...

357qbki.jpg

Getting shot...

2roqbz4.jpg

More...

This map has a Ratchet & Clank feel going on, with tons of planes and stuff flying over, along with a huge draw distance.

14bki09.jpg

2ch1efs.jpg

15eih07.jpg

34qqqm8.jpg

Aladuf

Banned
:lol looks like we were in the same match Goldrusher. And how did you get screens like that? Does the new screenshot thing work for the beta?

Well, with all those free time (booooo), I added those of you that put up your PSN name to my list. Gaf and PSN name is the same for me. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys whenever the store comes back up.

Varshes

belvedere said:
Yes, but clearly the original code doesn't appear out of thin air, correct?

If GS produced this original piece of paper, wouldn't they have everything to do with the pre-order?

Hey belvedere, I have a code for you, check your PM.

Dante

Loving it although I am getting my ass handed to me, trying to work and play at the same time :lol

Chicago level is a blast. Sensitivity default is pretty high, I had to turn that down a few notches.

co-op is going to consume my life. I have played about a half dozen matches with between 3 and 7 other people, all on Orick, and each time the map is different and the objectives are different. The only constant seems to be how much my ass gets kicked. Strategy and coordination will be crucial in this mode.

The competitive is also great. A bit slower then R1 but no less frantic. I haven't played the San Fran. map but Chicago is great, very vertical. My perception of Orick is marred by playing with smaller groups on a 60 player map so it seemed a bit empty, but once in a fire fight things got tight quick.

The bulls-eye shoots very quick and the the new weapons are pretty neat though I haven't used them extensively. I like that you can change your spawn gun each time you die, and it is a bit strange not having weapon spawns. All in all, this game is going to eat away at any free time I might have.

Damn still no email yet.

Anybody have a extra key? I'll give my key Qore beta code to a Gafer when it comes in the email if I can get a extra key.

Snipes424

Private Hoffman said:
I really wish they would send me my CODE! I GET IT THE PREMIER ACCESS PERIOD FOR QORE. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?

I am pretty sure that no Qore subscriber has their code yet. At least I have yet to see a person receive their code for being a Qore subscriber.

Over on MyRes, they said they were releasing codes in waves, which is fine, but wouldn't at least 1 Qore subscriber receive their beta code?

Axis

msdstc said:
Can you explain how to do this?
if i still had the promo card GS gave me i would....i just went to myresistance.net/register i think and input the code...said they'd email me one when it started....and nothin yet =/

-PXG-

How come ALL of my PS3 games (including the R2 beta) have so many jaggies, when my 360 games don't. My 360 allows you to scale to the resolution of my screen with HDMI. My PS3, it's either 480i/p, 720p or 1080i/p. How do you make it so there are no fucking jaggies. It just looks like utter shit, with all of these jaggies and muddy textures. Help me make this look good. :(

Awntawn

-PXG- said:
How come ALL of my PS3 games (including the R2 beta) have so many jaggies, when my 360 games don't. My 360 allows you to scale to the resolution of my screen with HDMI. My PS3, it's either 480i/p, 720p or 1080i/p. How do you make it so there are no fucking jaggies. It just looks like utter shit, with all of these jaggies and muddy textures. Help me make this look good. :(
Get a TV that doesn't suck ;o

cameltoe

-PXG- said:

my 360 has jaggies to dude go troll else where!

muddy textures huh?

Goldrusher

Btw, the grass moves.

Some time ago I commented on one the recent trailers, that the grass and foilage didn't move. But it does in this beta.
Grass, plants, the leaves on trees. All moves in the wind.

Much better.

lunlunqq

if i was in the private beta, am i automatically in the public beta? if so, i can give the code i got for pre-ordering the game to someone else.

or if someone trade KZ2 with me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-PXG- said:

Your TV is borked. Looks crisp and clean on my TV with highres textures.

lunlunqq said:
if i was in the private beta, am i automatically in the public beta? if so, i can give the code i got for pre-ordering the game to someone else.

or if someone trade KZ2 with me.
no, you need a new code for this beta.

-PXG- said:

A. -your playing on an sd tv lol.
B. -your hdtv is jacked
C. -your trolling
D. -both b and c

iceatcs

-PXG- said:
HDTV or monitor? But comment is lame really.

Top Bottom