• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

OK that IGN review just put me back into Day 1 territory for this.

Looks amazing, is epic in scope and filled to the fucking brim with content. I won't feel bad shelling out $60 bucks for this.

jstevenson said:
Hey SF bay area gaffers.

Highly recommend you come to the Metreon for the midnight event (swag, a good deal on the CE and more). If you're 21 or older and coming, you should definitely send me a PM with your first and last name.

More details on that to come.

Which day is this event? Nov 7th?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Kabuki Waq said:
did the game get pushed up or something? I just picked up a collectors Edition here in Toronto.

pics

Fuck SCEE so much right now.

I though the bellock was useless, but it's extremely useful in the skirmirsh mode. When you have to defend a node or a target you can literally make a firewall with the secondary fire and then make a rain of grenade, all the while staying safe behind your allies and corners using wall rebounds.

And it's really nice to attack nodes too:D

jstevenson said:
I'm full of news and info today:

Want to win a trip to our community day next week at the studio in Burbank?

You should post in this thread at MyRes:

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=81906.0

And BTW - if you're in the LA area or close enough to drive. Clear your schedule for next Friday (Nov 7th) so you can come by. More details soon.

Freakin' sweet. Fridays I get off work at UCLA around 1pm. Please tell me this will be around that time and I will love Insomniac even more. Will the Insomniac offices be designated a no spoilers zone because I don't think I'll be able to beat the game by Friday (I usually get home from work most days at 8pm and need to be up by 5am the following morning)

ianp622

RockmanWhore said:
I though the bellock was useless, but it's extremely useful in the skirmirsh mode. When you have to defend a node or a target you can literally make a firewall with the secondary fire and then make a rain of grenade, all the while staying safe behind your allies and corners using wall rebounds.

And it's really nice to attack nodes too:D

Yeah I like how you become like an artillery unit when attacking nodes, but the bouncing grenades keep it from being total pwnage for regular use.

Firewire

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
I wish I could tell you guys but I dont want to get the dude in trouble in case it was a mistake.

it was a Blockbuster but cant give out specifics.

Did they have it out on a shelf or did you ask for it?

Firewire said:
Did they have it out on a shelf or did you ask for it?

I called in to ask if they got Motorosorm 2 in the dude said all he got in today was REsistance 2. I asked him to hold a collectors for me. I went in and picked it up.

Goldrusher

IGN said:
resistance-2-20081027110800470.jpg

resistance-2-20081027110749689.jpg

What the hell ?! What's the name of this bad boy ?

sullytao

Dante said:
From the other thread:

resistance-2-20081027110800470_640w.jpg

Reminds me from the scene fro Jurassic Park 2 where the rex was drinking from some kids pool and he shines a light in its eye. The day my import copy arrives cant come soon enough :D

Special ops Coop Class

You know... I'm not so sure that Insomniac did the right thing here.

A lot of people basically want to play as a "sniper" and not be on the front lines.

The closest character to this is the Special Ops guy. Which means that you have these spec ops people who really don't want to sit there and feed ammo to the soldier.

Also, the shield can be depleted so quickly that your entire job is to feed ammo.

That's not exactly fun gameplay even if you are being a great team player. Firing spark balls and dropping ammo is how I played an entire session.

The medic has challenge in that you are free to run around quite a bit. Since you can shoot "healing shots" from long distance you are freedom to run around.

The soldier is a great grunt shooting character but the limitations on shield and ammo make him so gimped. He's the only guy who can run out of ammo.

I've had to quit games simply because no one wanted to heal and no one wanted to give ammo.

Kabuki Waq said:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2iw7lsl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2h3ol94.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/25kkcva.jpg[IMG]

sorry for the crap quality. also for some reason it boots me out of psn whenever i start the game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it ain't released yet?

[QUOTE=UntoldDreams]I've had to quit games simply because no one wanted to heal and no one wanted to give ammo.[/QUOTE]

Complete opposite experience as mine. I play as a medic and I concentrate more on healing rather than getting kills. If a healer does it job as a healer, he'll have more XP. Hell, a medic with 50+ kills gets less XP than medic with few kills but 10+ heals. I ALWAYS heal and i am always there. Play with the cool crowd :P

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just to be clear:

November 3rd night of into 12:01am November 4th --- Metreon in San Francisco --- Midnight launch event. Some really cool stuff planned - and an uber deal on the Collector's Edition. If you're over 21 and coming, PM me for info on an exclusive VIP thing. More details will be announced shortly.

November 7th - our studio in Burbank - Community Day. Starting in the morning. Chance to tour the studio, hang out, get autographs, ask questions to a panel and more. More details are coming.

morlock

Kabuki Waq said:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2iw7lsl.jpg

sorry for the crap quality. also for some reason it boots me out of psn whenever i start the game.[/QUOTE]
Was'nt the bonus disc supposed to be a blu-ray? :(

Lince

Banned
jstevenson said:
Just to be clear:

November 3rd night of into 12:01am November 4th --- Metreon in San Francisco --- Midnight launch event. Some really cool stuff planned - and an uber deal on the Collector's Edition. If you're over 21 and coming, PM me for info on an exclusive VIP thing. More details will be announced shortly.

November 7th - our studio in Burbank - Community Day. Starting in the morning. Chance to tour the studio, hang out, get autographs, ask questions to a panel and more. More details are coming.

gotta be the first time in my life that I hate living in Spain

jstevenson said:
Just to be clear:

Damn San Francisco.. :(
What about us across the border? :)

Firewire

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
yea but why boot me off psn? I could understand not being able to play online with it but booting outof psn is weird.
Tried 3 Blockbusters, almost had it at the last one but the manager came running over & told the girl not to sell it! It was the CE also :(

Costanza

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
sorry for the crap quality. also for some reason it boots me out of psn whenever i start the game.
can you take a couple close-up shots of the chimera figure (whenever you open it)?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
morlock said:
Was'nt the bonus disc supposed to be a blu-ray? :(

We are under the impression it is... we reviewed the master blu-ray.

It's possible the sleeve was printed first and didn't actually get changed.

haha on the shot of the monster opening its mouth, the gun inside the mouth kinda caught me off-guard and I did this curious head-tilt + moving my head closer to the monitor to make sure I was seeing that right :lol

alright first EARLY impressions.

Remember how you played God of War 2 for the first time and could not believe that the first level was this epic........yea same deal here. It feels like the last level of most games.

There is still that sadness that i cant experiece this exact level with a friend but oh wells.

game is awesome so far. The worst thing i can say is that I cant find any in game brightness options. Is there even one in this game?

Guled

jstevenson said:
Just to be clear:

when is the winner for the contest going to be announced? Also, will the new beta forum replace myres?

jstevenson said:
Just to be clear:

Guess I luck out then :) Me and my two PS3 gaming buddies live within two blocks of the Metreon.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Guled said:
when is the winner for the contest going to be announced? Also, will the new beta forum replace myres?

We'll announce the drawing winners for the free trip to Insomniac sometime tomorrow.

So get over to MyRes forums and enter!

Honestly the Scale is just amazing here. I am very impressed with it. I tons of Chimera and a huge robot thing in front of me and there was zero screen tearing. I cant imagine the carnage put on screen to actually cause it to tear.

Jstevenson: is there an in game brightness option i cant find it anywhere.

Top Bottom