• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

M3Freak

Banned
Leidenfrost said:
(in regards to the new preview)

I guess I'm the only one who thought the third-person narration had lots of (unrealized) potential.

I liked it - a lot. I think it was great since it made me realize we were looking at what happened in the past, suggesting upcoming RFoM games will be set far into the future. Or something to that effect.

Anyway, I think the narration was nice.

Kittonwy

Banned
Gimme some Resistance 2 GB info rawr!!!
angry.gif

Pimpwerx

steve said:
I see it as a countdown...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4... indicating the countdown is almost over... then finished up with two solitary numbers... 7 and 9.

July 9. Mark the date on your calendars.
It's actually in the logo of the first game too. PEACE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
720p and 30fps is great.

Mideon

Yeah im not knocking it its great and im assuming the loading will be done during cut scenes or non playable parts of the game.

womfalcs3

Banned
He said R1 and R2 would have trophies. Well, he said that was the plan. So we should expect an R1 update if they do it.

EDIT: Above is clarified below by JS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
womfalcs3 said:
He said R1 and R2 would have trophies. Well, he said that was the plan. So we should expect an R1 update if they do it.
Time to go back to the awesomeness of R1 then! I also hope I'll get my reward for getting 100% gold in all tickets in Motorstorm :mad: That took me quite some time!

KZObsessed

Yep, after getting 100% in Uncharted looks like I'm going to go back through Resistance and get all the skill points.

Funny thing is I've completed Resistance three times, on Superhuman too, but I only have a handful of the skill points. They are a bit random tho.

ascii42

Seiken said:
Time to go back to the awesomeness of R1 then! I also hope I'll get my reward for getting 100% gold in all tickets in Motorstorm :mad: That took me quite some time!
Yeah, same here. Though I don't believe I finished the second dlc

Yoshichan

jstevenson said:
Guys, I think Ted missed the R1 in that question. There's no Trophy or Home support for R1 coming. Sorry.
Nooooooooooooooooooo :(

evilone

EA Employee
jstevenson said:
Guys, I think Ted missed the R1 in that question. There's no Trophy or Home support for R1 coming. Sorry.

No Home support I can understand but no trophy support for R1? I thought people still play that game online???

ZeroTolerance

evilone said:
No Home support I can understand but no trophy support for R1? I thought people still play that game online???

Guess they will need to upgrade to R2 since it will support all that and possibly more.

Firewire

Banned
evilone said:

They do!

Personally for R1 I don't mind, its a must for R2 though of course. One feature I was hoping for in regards to R2 was the You Tube uploading, but I no longer have that much hope, due to a comment JS made earlier today in another thread.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Alatair asks: Would you rather have the ability to become invisible or shoot lasers out of your eyes?

Ted Price: The big question - invisibility absolutely. Not sure what I would do with those lasers. Etch my name into random walls? Cook food without a stove? Kill squirrels?

this

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:

Are we going to get the New Full Moon show podcast this week?!?!?

tha_con

Banned
jstevenson said:

I thought R1 was going to have some kind of feature with Home where you could take your Avatar into area's from R1 and explore?

ZeroTolerance - I don't think it's not loading screens at all. I'm sure we'll see an initial loading screen, and something during MP.

Rainy Dog

Good news re. the lack of loading. Hopefully Naughty Dog have been in touch re. a trick or two on why 5gb installs = unnecessary. Not that I should dare doubt Insomniac with the PS3 :)

jstevenson said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO My last lingering hopes shattered. No trophy for getting every medal and skill point (or for tournament finalists lol) makes me sad

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
evilone said:

Resources? We'd take people off of R2 to go back, re-open the code, develop a patch, figure out what the trophies would be, apply that, test it, etc.

Lots of work, and lots of time taken away from R2 production.

Raist

Banned
jstevenson said:
Resources? We'd take people off of R2 to go back, re-open the code, develop a patch, figure out what the trophies would be, apply that, test it, etc.

Yeah, if only you had a second studio.

Ooooh.... :p

jstevenson said:

Yeah, I'd have to imagine it'd be something of a tougher task for a game that doesn't have built-in achievement-esque things to port over (like Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and DMC4). Keep working on R2, these people asking for trophies and Home support are merely saboteurs trying to prevent you guys from hitting your one game per year mark.

edit: forgot about skill points because I am a jerk :(

h3ro

jstevenson said:

Would it be possible/easier to give them for the skill points?

I got all of them... :(

maybe a patch after you're all done with R2?

Tideas

Banned
h3ro said:
Would it be possible/easier to give them for the skill points?

I got all of them... :(

maybe a patch after you're all done with R2?

why would u guys care for trophies for a 2 year old game? (after R2 is done)

FFObsessed said:
Yep, after getting 100% in Uncharted looks like I'm going to go back through Resistance and get all the skill points.

Funny thing is I've completed Resistance three times, on Superhuman too, but I only have a handful of the skill points. They are a bit random tho.

Yup Uncharted did a excellent job with their reward system.
Only game I have played through 4 fricken times and gotten a 100%.
I actually have been craving playing it again....ahh damn I love that game so much.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jstevenson said:

What about R&CF? Same deal?

Top Bottom