• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2: The Official Thread of Mankind's Last Stand

GodofWine

Member
EnthusiasTech said:
GamePlayer review is up : 9 / 10

Good
Scope out the ying yang
Sound design is awesome
Hours and hours of gaming
Robust community features

Bad
Visually inconsistent

I get the impression they just read other reviews and watched trailers and spent more time retyping the 'bad' than they did the good.

I also really think that reviewers do not know what they like about games in general..if its arcade driven action, they want cinema, when its cinematic, they want action, when its deep they want blood and guts, when it has blood and guts they want meaning...seriously...BAH

Visual 'flaws' should not include stopping in a place no one will stop, looking to the left, and then down to the ground, and then looking through the scope at the dirt to see what the texture there looks like. You want nice dirt fine, you'll get pop in...then they'll complain about that.

(this is for all reviews for all consoles)
 

tfur

Member
Awesome thread BruceLeeRoy.

I love the detailed weapon and story information. Sweet layout as well...

I had a great time playing competitive core control on the orick map during the beta. It is the one were 1 sides base is in the near the diner area, and the other base is in the shack area. I played for hours...

The coop is very addictive as well. The only sad thing is that I will have to start over (level 10) when I get the final game. These last few days of playing as a 10 medic has been brutal. The intensity of the AI as you level up (or since they tweeked it) really gets insane. Look forward to you adding some berserk information as details come out.

R2 seems like it could be 3 separate release products, as far as the amount of content is concerned.

Cannot wait for the final product to arrive.
 

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Is anyone having trouble with the beta servers? It keeps telling me that there is some kind of network error.

edit: beaten
 

jjasper

Member
 

carlos

Member
Firewire said:
I think it ends today, not sure at what time exactly though.

According to a sony email I received, it ends at midnight tomorrow
(not sure if midnight est or pst)

edit: lol, beaten badly

ummm..so... great OP :)

I wasn't thinking of buying R2, but the beta is making me doubt that decision...
 

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
carlos said:
According to a sony email I received, it ends at midnight tomorrow
(not sure if midnight est or pst)
I'm pretty sure it's PST. I think that's what it said on MyResistance.
 

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
InterMoniker said:
I swear I remember hearing some ridiculous number like 200. I'm not positive though...
200 was the max clan size for R1. I don't think I've seen what the max size is for R2.

200 worked well enough for the first few months after release, when the online play was also restricted by region as well. But GAF busted through that number once online play went global and everyone wanted to play together.

Obviously, this will be global from day one and it doesn't have to rely as much on word of mouth this time around to gain popularity. Expect the clan to grow QUICK, and 200 won't be enough.

At the same time, of 200 or more that wanted to be part of the clan, there were far fewer that play the game on a regular enough basis. Clan seats should probably be vetted, if there's still a max clan size limit. It looks like friends list and party setup are much more tightly integrated now, so you shouldn't necessarily have to be a part of the clan to get in some playtime with GAF.
 
So I just had something really strange happen in the beta. I joined an online friend's party, but he was already in a full co-op game. However, the game let me enter as a ninth player. Once I spawned, I was invisible, had no weapons, and could hear no one, but could still take damage, be healed, and oddly enough, revive downed players and push switches. I wonder what the dead players' reaction was to their being quickly revived by no one.
 

andycapps

Member
200 is high and will last for a bit, but we'll need multiple clans if that is the case this time around.

Regarding babies being around while you play, I have the same issue/situation a lot of times with my 3 year old daughter being around while I play. I try to make keep her busy doing other stuff so she's not screaming into my headset, but she's pretty loud. I can't wait for her to play games with me one day... :D
 

theBishop

Banned
andycapps said:
200 is high and will last for a bit, but we'll need multiple clans if that is the case this time around.

Regarding babies being around while you play, I have the same issue/situation a lot of times with my 3 year old daughter being around while I play. I try to make keep her busy doing other stuff so she's not screaming into my headset, but she's pretty loud. I can't wait for her to play games with me one day... :D

200 is whack for a game with 60 player servers. We hunger for more!
 

GodofWine

Member
TelemachusD said:
So I just had something really strange happen in the beta. I joined an online friend's party, but he was already in a full co-op game. However, the game let me enter as a ninth player. Once I spawned, I was invisible, had no weapons, and could hear no one, but could still take damage, be healed, and oddly enough, revive downed players and push switches. I wonder what the dead players' reaction was to their being quickly revived by no one.

Same thing happened to me, but I was spawned into an area where I could not get to the battle to fight emptyhanded. I basically was on a stroll through the forest.

Its a party system / co-op glitch.
 

AndyD

aka andydumi
TelemachusD said:
It's the currency used to upgrade your guy.

But you dont have to pick it up right? Just someone in your party. Because I dont think ive picked up any as a spec ops who holds back, yet I have some 75 to spend.
 

Loudninja

Member
AndyD said:
But you dont have to pick it up right? Just someone in your party. Because I dont think ive picked up any as a spec ops who holds back, yet I have some 75 to spend.

Nope,anyone on your team can pick up , everyone will get the points.
 

Dever

Banned
MeshuggahMan said:
So seriously.. how does insomniac pump out good/great and polished games so fast? How many people work there?

I think around 160-80, they've got two teams working on different projects at the same time.
 

Flunkie

Banned
Holy shit. Awesome thread once again, BruceLeeRoy.

I can't wait! The beta blasted my hype out of the water for this game.

I'm thinking about ordering the CE from Amazon tonight.
 
DemonCleaner said:
played competitive the last three houres and found it to be real wowsome, after my flopped first try a few days ago. even against all your complaints i think the splicer really rocks :D

one short question: is the xp und stat tracking in competitive disabled for the beta, or do i have some wired bug?
stats in coop get tracked btw.

answer mii !
 

Nizz

Member
So late to this thread, but I've only got one thing for BruceLeeRoy and this thread...



Once again, man! Excellent, excellent work. And congrats to Insomniac! Game looks to be another hit.
 

Ricker

Member
Got my first trophy :D ...the tutorial is what most of us saw already,following the guy around,with the Goliath and all,pretty awesome,the graphics are gorgeous and it runs smooth as hell....not going online yet,the servers probably aren't up anyway.
 

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ricker said:
Got my first trophy :D ...the tutorial is what most of us saw already,following the guy around,with the Goliath and all,pretty awesome,the graphics are gorgeous and it runs smooth as hell....not going online yet,the servers probably aren't up anyway.

Awesome!!

tell me moar!!!!!
 

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Guymelef said:
Only 5 coop maps? :(

There are six locations, each has quite a few different areas, and a single-playthrough of any will not show you nearly the entire map or all of the different set-ups on it due to the randomization of the playpath. It probably takes between 15-20 hours to see every single co-op set-up and encounter.
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Finally completed the game. It lasted a bit more than expected (see the IGN review thread for my previous impressions). Nice ending sequence :p
Edit: oh, an Arcade mode was just unlocked. :D
 

Costanza

Banned
jstevenson said:
There are six locations, each has quite a few different areas, and a single-playthrough of any will not show you nearly the entire map or all of the different set-ups on it due to the randomization of the playpath. It probably takes between 15-20 hours to see every single co-op set-up and encounter.
Are more co-op maps a DLC possibility?
 

TEH-CJ

Banned
TTP said:
Finally completed the game. It lasted a bit more than expected (see the IGN review thread for my previous impressions). Nice ending sequence :p
Edit: oh, an Arcade mode was just unlocked. :D

awesome man

did the game end up growing on you? how would you compare it to something like halo 3 in terms of battles and AI?
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
HOLY SHIT THERE IS A BONUS MOTION BLUR OPTION NOW!!! I CAN EVE SELECT HOW STRONG IT IS!!! OMG!!!!

It's a little glitchy tho. Sometimes the blur doesn't fade off when u stop moving.
 
Top Bottom