• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Announced?

-viper-

Banned
Shurs said:
As I said in the other thread. I hope they go the open world route with drop in drop out Co-Op. An evolution of what they did in Resistance 2, spread into the single player campaign.
open world sucks balls.

cinematic linear > shitty open world.

Look at Uncharted 2 as an example. It looks like an excellent game and it's a linear game!

DigiMish

V_Ben said:
goddamn dude. nice work on that! if its the right film, then that means that R3 isnt out till 2011? good amount of polish time then :D

Not necessarily, but it would be great if R3 came out in the winter of 2011 instead of Fall 2010. However, this means that Sony would have to have another FPS from some other studio ready for Fall 2010, preferably exclusive to the PS3.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck Resistance, I want to hear more about this movie!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
shagg_187 said:
GTFO. Really. GTFO. Read the thread and then fucking troll.
shagg_187 said:
Jesus christ! You too! DID YOU READ THE FUCKING THREAD? It's a fucking bannable offense!
This isn't an official announcement!! It's a billboard placed there to be advertised inside a movie that hasn't been released yet. By the time movie comes out, Resistance 3 ads will start rolling out.
Yes young one. Let the anger overtake you.

aonz0m.jpg

V_Ben

Banned
DigiMish said:
Not necessarily, but it would be great if R3 came out in the winter of 2011 instead of Fall 2010. However, this means that Sony would have to have another FPS from some other studio ready for Fall 2010, preferably exclusive to the PS3.

you never know when that new syphon filter may turn up :lol

McLovin

Hopefully Insomniac wont spread themselves too thin this time around. Good Story some co-op and good multiplayer is enough.

Shurs

-viper- said:
open world sucks balls.

cinematic linear > shitty open world.

Look at Uncharted 2 as an example. It looks like an excellent game and it's a linear game!

You know, after I typed that out it made me think that what I really asking for was Borderlands.

For the record I like both open world and linear games, it's just that Resistance 2's path felt too narrow.

-viper-

Banned
Shurs said:
You know, after I typed that out it made me think that what I really asking for was Borderlands.

For the record I like both open worlds and linear games, it's just that Resistance 2's path felt too narrow.
Well I've never really liked open world games. They're boring and slow.

KZ2, Uncharted, Gears of War 1/2, COD4, God of War 1/2 - all linear but exciting games to play.

Open world games on the other hand are far less exciting. Every GTA game feels boring to me. Far Cry 2 was so bad in this respect too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What if this ends up being like that Batman Vs Superman ad in I am Legend?

Blader

Is anyone really surprised by this? Insomniac releases a new game every year, and on the PS3 they've been alternating between Resistance and Ratchet on every other year.

-Winnie-

gketter said:
After being so disapointed with Resistance 2's single player campaign, I'll keep an eye out for the game but i'm not near as hyped. R2 really ruined a lot of the mystery and intrigue setup in the R1 game. :(

The ending single-handedly justifies the whole single player for me. Absolutely epic.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ugh. I hope not. R2 had to have been one of the worst games I've had the displeasure of paying full price for day 1 and playing (this gen). Sigh.

Shurs

-viper- said:
Well I've never really liked open world games. They're boring and slow.

KZ2, Uncharted, Gears of War 1/2, COD4, God of War 1/2 - all linear but exciting games to play.

Open world games on the other hand are far less exciting. Every GTA game feels boring to me. Far Cry 2 was so bad in this respect too.

You see, to me, I'd take the emergent elements present in Far Cry 2 over the "here's the weapon you'll need in 30 seconds" path present in Resistance 2.

Emergent gameplay = Exciting gameplay, in my book.

shagg_187 said:
Jesus christ! You too! DID YOU READ THE FUCKING THREAD? It's a fucking bannable offense!
This isn't an official announcement!! It's a billboard placed there to be advertised inside a movie that hasn't been released yet. By the time movie comes out, Resistance 3 ads will start rolling out.
haha you sound upset

-viper-

Banned
Shurs said:
You see, to me, I'd take the emergent elements present in Far Cry 2 over the "here's the weapon you'll need in 30 seconds" path present in Resistance 2.

Emergent gameplay = Exciting gameplay, in my book.
Resistance 2 wasn't in my list of exciting linear games to play though :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God there is such a good chance for this to be great...please Insomniac...DON'T LISTEN TO KITTOWNY

gibonez

Banned
Hmmmm is making a Resistance 3 even a financially responsible move ?

Resistance 2 sold less than half of what the first game sold.

Perhaps there is little to no interest in the franchise.

I suggest they try from again from scratch on a good franchise.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Also, I'm pissed they didn't go back to naming the games with witty subtitles.

And where is Fersis?

gibonez said:

But if they're both using the 'Insomniac Engine' the costs of the game are lowered because of that. Overall sales can fall as long as the costs accompanying it do.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gibonez said:

Perhaps there is little to no interest in the franchise.

I suggest they try from again from scratch on a good franchise.
What? How do you know this? Resistance 2 was insomniac's fastest selling game ever.

jax (old)

Banned
LOL @ some of the comments. I sure hope insomniac guys paid attention to the R3 thread that was on here. I'm gonna wait on the reviews on this one again (and if it is bad again, I'm not going take the leap of faith and buy it like I did R2).

Top Bottom