• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Announced?

gibonez

Banned
Y2Kev said:
What? How do you know this? Resistance 2 was insomniac's fastest selling game ever.

According to Vg chartz Resistance 1 sold way more than Resistance 2 did.

While I understand that ******** isnt the most accurate site to get sales information its the only place I can obtain such info and for the most part the sales numbers are legit.

Gomu Gomu

Blader5489 said:
Is anyone really surprised by this? Insomniac releases a new game every year, and on the PS3 they've been alternating between Resistance and Ratchet on every other year.
It's been more than 10 years since we saw a new ip from these guys. It's either a R&C game, or a Resistance. I was hoping after A Crack in Time, they would do a new ip.

-viper-

Banned
Jax said:
LOL @ some of the comments. I sure hope insomniac guys paid attention to the R3 thread that was on here. I'm gonna wait on the reviews on this one again (and if it is bad again, I'm not going take the leap of faith and buy it like I did R2).
The reviews for Resistance 2 were very good though. So why would you want to listen to the reviews again if you didn't like the second game?

Shurs

Jax said:
LOL @ some of the comments. I sure hope insomniac guys paid attention to the R3 thread that was on here. I'm gonna wait on the reviews on this one again (and if it is bad again, I'm not going take the leap of faith and buy it like I did R2).

It's possible that you meant GAF reviews, but critical consensus was very good. Resistance 2 has a score of 87 on the hated metacritic.com.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
It's been more than 10 years since we saw a new ip from these guys. It's either a R&C game, or a Resistance. I was hoping after A Crack in Time, they would do a new ip.

You mean 3? Resistance launched in 06

h3ro

gibonez said:

While I understand that ******** isnt the most accurate site to get sales information its the only place I can obtain such info and for the most part the sales numbers are legit.

That site makes crap up. It's also one of GAFs banned sites.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Gomu Gomu said:

I'm guessing the time aspect confuses you?

Madman

gibonez said:

You might as well just pull numbers out of the air instead of using VG chartz.

Anyways, I'm hyped for R3.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Madman said:
You might as well just pull numbers out of the air instead of using VG chartz.

Anyways, I'm hyped for R3.

As am I, can't wait for R3, R2 had it's faults but it was a dam fun game.

Wonder what J has to say about this ?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Listen to me young one, ******** is the devil. I have felt the pain for forgetting the newly written word regarding VGC's shorlty into my tenure here. Bishop *tear* fought hard for me and but Dragona put the hammer down.

Gomu Gomu

DMeisterJ said:
You mean 3? Resistance launched in 06
NinjaFridge said:
I'm guessing the time aspect confuses you?

The first R&C game was released in 2002, which I guess means they started the development process a couple of years earlier. And then the first Resistance game came 5 years after milking the shit out of R&C. Then I thought Insomniac are starting to realize that making different games > making sequels. After than a new R&C... After that R2... And then, what do you know, A new R&C game. And now this. If it is true of course.

jax (old)

Banned
-viper- said:
The reviews for Resistance 2 were very good though. So why would you want to listen to the reviews again if you didn't like the second game?

I didn't buy R2 at launch mostly because of GAF and garnett's rant on 1upyours. :) I actually never read reviews. Then I bought the game and.... it was terrrible.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Gomu Gomu said:
The first R&C game was released in 2002, which I guess means they started the development process a couple of years earlier. And then the first Resistance game came 5 years after milking the shit out of R&C. Then I thought Insomniac are starting to realize that making different games > making sequels. After than a new R&C... After that R2... And then, what do you know, A new R&C game. And now this. If it is true of course.

ACiT is the end of the Future trilogy, so the chance of a new IP after R3 is pretty good imo.

-viper-

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
what? Resistance is a fairly new IP. Only on the PS3.

jax (old)

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
ACiT is the end of the Future trilogy, so the chance of a new IP after R3 is pretty good imo.

I think I'll be done with R+C once I finish the trilogy (although can you really say its the end of a trilogy seeing how, the middle game is a DLC), and it was short. I didn't really enjoy 1, I didn't really enjoy the DLC. Both were alright experiences but nothing mind blowing. I did however really enjoy the PS2 titles. I hope they get the game right this time.

Shins

Banned
I never tried Resistance 2. What I saw of it didn't appeal to me, and my friend talked about it like it was a blight against humanity. I didn't get very far in Resistance 1, but from what I did play, there were some moments of interesting atmosphere. If they play that up in the inevitable sequel next year and eschew the more actiony direction it seemed they took with Resistance 2, I'd give it a look.

Well, that's assuming there's not something else around the same time. Big reason I'm not more into this year's Ratchet & Clank is because it's releasing at a point where there are three other games that I have much higher interest in.

Gomu Gomu

-viper- said:
That's why I said "It's either a R&C game, or a Resistance". My point was why keep making sequels, when you know, and I know that Insomniac are capable of doing new ips?

-viper-

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
That's why I said "It's either a R&C game, or a Resistance". My point was why keep making sequels, when you know, and I know that Insomniac are capable of doing new ips?
I don't mind them personally. New IPs tend to be more of a risk this gen, so its completely understandable. Plus, Insomniac need to redeem themselves due to R2's poor single player campaign!

acevans2

Insomniac is driven by their community, so I'm positive they'll address the issues that people had with Resistance 2.

In the mean time, can't wait for ACiT!

JimFear

Banned
thats a weird way to announce a new game who could come out in 1-2years if its not 3... Why the would spend money to announce a game who will comme out in about maybe 2yrs ?

That sound weird to me.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I think Insomniac should work on a new IP after Ratchet. As great as the series is, CiT should be the last.

Resistance, I think, will continue for a few more iterations.

Gomu Gomu said:

Resistance 1 was a new IP for PS3 launch, about 4 years ago...

anyway I can't wait for this, I love this series.

Takao

Banned
-viper- said:

While not developed by Insomniac, the stellar Sony Bend developed, Resistance: Retribution was released on PSP earlier this year.

Dizzan said:
I think Insomniac should work on a new IP after Ratchet. As great as the series is, CiT should be the last.

I doubt it will be. CiT is the end of the Future trillogy, those two will be back.

JimFear said:
thats a weird way to announce a new game who could come out in 1-2years if its not 3... Why the would spend money to announce a game who will comme out in about maybe 2yrs ?

That sound weird to me.

It's called future proofing. Movie isn't out yet, my friend. Won't be out until next year. By then, they'll already have the teaser trailers rolling in.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Takao said:
I doubt it will be. CiT is the end of the Future trillogy, those two will be back.

Hopefully a fully Cel shaded Ratchet, 2D/3d side scroller ala Shadow Complex.
Using all the crazy weapons in Ratchets arsenal. Release it on PSN.

All I ask for is $15 000 in royalties, thanks Insomniac.
free copy of the game would be awesome

torontoml

Gomu Gomu said:
I believe IG had it in their plans to make Resistance a trilogy from the beginning and, since it became a success, they were able to do it. After the third one I believe we will see a new IP.

-PXG-

W
U
T
?

O___o

I hope this one is more like the first. R2 was crap. NYC should be an interesting venue. It would be nice to go the the Soviet Union though.

EDIT

Gamer @ Heart said:
I hate that Insomniac feels compelled to release a game once a year. I hope R3 gets some serious time in the oven and delivers something fresh.

This x 1000000

I want them to take their fucking time with this one.

lupinko

Apocalyptatron said:
Resistance 1 was a new IP for PS3 launch, about 4 years ago...

anyway I can't wait for this, I love this series.

PS3 and Resistance 1 launch was November, 2006.

I don't see how you get 4 years from 2006-2009.

Simple math 1 Neogaf 0

EXGN

Niiiiiiiice. Had reservations on the majority of the R2 single player campaign, but the ending got me hooked to see where they take if from there!

Mikey Jr.

While Resistance 1 and 2 didn't blow my socks off, I did enjoy them and they did do new things which is always great. Had a BLAST with 8 man co-op and 60 player multi was fun when it was objective based even though it had some serious flaws. So I am excited for Resistance 3 if only for the new things Insom come up with.

However, I will say that they really need to give Resistance 3 some serious development time. Like, instead of 2010 release, delay it to fall 2011. Give it an extra year. Polish the fuck outta that game.

grumble

R2 has a lot of serious issues (mostly around giving you BB Guns to kill a bunch of enemies with 50 billion HP and having competitive multiplayer that clearly, clearly shows that bigger is not better).

lawblob said:
One can only imagine what terrible summer-2010 action movie we will see that in.
Batman vs Superman
4kwjuq.jpg

Summer 2010

jett

D-Member
I thought R1 was pretty bleh. Only tried the R2 beta but I didn't really feel that one. Hopefully R3 brings big changes to the franchise.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Not what I expected or wanted, but ah well. Ratchet should hold me over until the game after R3

R2 SP was a pretty big disappointment for me. The one thing it did right was the spectacular ending! It damn near saved the game for me!

I really hope they go back to the style of the first game. The atmosphere made the game great! Sony Bend captured that feeling as well and made a hell of a game for PSP! Go with what works!

Top Bottom