• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Announced?

I wouldn't mind a 2011 release for R3. IG don't need to rush their game for 2010, and in the mean time, they can fix R2's problem (like broken grenade indicator, matchmaking, etc...) I wouldn't mind some new DLC too. And why not release a Resistance 3 Prologue too? :lol

JB1981

Not expecting much from the game. I don't think Insomniac understands what makes for a good FPS anymore. Not after what they did with R2. The original game was pretty fun though (some great weapons)

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Resistance 2 was just alright. If they can make it more the first Resistance art style then I will be hyped for this game if not. Then I don't know.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
gibonez said:
According to Vg chartz Resistance 1 sold way more than Resistance 2 did.

While I understand that ******** isnt the most accurate site to get sales information its the only place I can obtain such info and for the most part the sales numbers are legit.
:lol

holy shit

holy shit

HOLY SHIT

My erection just shredded my jeans...
.... then it became flaccid remembering the sequel that could've been sequels of sequels, becoming sequel of disappointmenton...

VegaShinra

So the billboard is going to appear in a movie in 2011 for a game we all pretty much assumed would be coming out anyways.

Massa

IPoopStandingUp said:
Haha, I don't recall there even being any billboard advertisement for Resistance or Resistance 2.

Resistance 2 had the best one ever:

633601020728796250.jpg

witness

Loved the ending to R2 and the co op is fucking unparalleled in any console fps. If they can expand on it more, have more customization to it and shore up the single player then its going to be great. Really looking forward to it.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Do you live in Louisiana?

I spent 6 years in New Orleans and Baton Rouge for Undergrad and Grad School. I even recognize that intersection.

B-Ri

DigiMish said:
From wiki:

"Battle: Los Angeles revolves around a Marine staff sergeant (Eckhart) and his new platoon's battle against an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles."

Exciting. //sarcasm.

sounds like a cover for a resistance movie, with it plugging the game.

Battle: Los Angeles fake name anyone? :eek:

As much as I was disappointed I will be happy to see a R3. Insomniac put out good software, to me R2 was their first real blunder and I think with all the flak they got for it from the community, that they will hopefully make R3 a much better game.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I'm surprised they didn't put the ad in digitally in post-production, but whatever. R2 was great, R1 was great, looking forward to R3.

DrFunk said:
I spent 6 years in New Orleans and Baton Rouge for Undergrad and Grad School. I even recognize that intersection.
Those who take pride in the great state could misinterpret your last comment as an asshole remark.

(I'm upset because LSU lost.)

jaydogg691

This is great news. I can't wait to see what Insomniac does for Multiplayer (and please don't abandon DLC like the 2nd game). Resistance 2 is in my opinion the best multiplayer game on PS3.

VegaShinra

jaydogg691 said:
This is great news. I can't wait to see what Insomniac does for Multiplayer (and please don't abandon DLC like the 2nd game). Resistance 2 is in my opinion the best multiplayer game on PS3.
Uncharted 2 will take that place soon enough.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Those who take pride in the great state could misinterpret your last comment as an asshole remark.

(I'm upset because LSU lost.)
a fellow tiger? high five!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I liked 1 and 2, that being said.

Isnt it already well known that we get a new ratchet every 2 years and a new RFOM every 2 years?

im not surprised at all

Sushen

The announcement is sorta duh-thing. I was a huge fan of R1, R2 certainly let me down with their quantity over quality approach. Hopefully, they'll get back to the quality of the first with the quantity of the second for third. Or, maybe this generation is for Naughy Dogs like it was for Insomniac in PS2 era.

I think... I think I just predicted the future. I made this crappy PS mock up last year... and look, a 3 and a statue of liberty... Insomniac, why would you rip off such a mediocre box art... there are better people to rip off... :lol

Sucks that I can only predict advertising futures.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/arsh613/resistance3coverc.jpg

I used some art from the game manual or something to make it, in case you're wondering, but you probably don't care

And R2's ending did kind of suck.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Kingsgoon said:
Battle: Los Angeles
It's a Columbia Pictures movie (which is owned by Sony)
Yay for runaway production. (Not really. Los Angeles it the best Los Angeles ever.)
Jtwo said:
Fuck Resistance, I want to hear more about this movie!
If the five pages of the script I just read are anything to go by, it is aiming for Paul W.S. Anderson quality. On second thought, that may be too kind to the script.
B-Ri said:
sounds like a cover for a resistance movie, with it plugging the game.

Battle: Los Angeles fake name anyone? :eek:
No, it is definitely a real movie, and a real piece of garbage. And the director is Jonathan Liebesman, best known as the visionary behind The Texas Chain Massacre: The Beginning.:lol

I'm lost, why does the billboard have jaggies? is this a billboard in a game?? everything else looks real, but the board is flat with jaggies?

thuway

Whatever Insomniac does, it would be best to avoid a head on fight with Halo: Reach. It would get lost in the shuffle far too easily. This is why I think the game will lead itself to an extra 6 month dev time.

Blu_LED said:
You can't be serious.
okay, I'm retarded what am I missing? the sign looks fake but is in some movie? I don't get it. the 'you can't be serious' means I'm missing something....laugh at me, but atleast let me know what your laughing at.

Gomu Gomu

Tiduz said:
http://web.vip.hr/thitri.vip/no12/mario1ve.jpg[img]
[img]http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//4000/000/00/1/34001.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/games/nes/mario3/mario3.jpg[img]
[img]http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/b/b9/Super_Mario_World_Front_Page.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.cheating.de/screenshots/large/gcube/s/super%20mario%20sunshine%20-%20cover.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/29871_new_super_mario_bros_wii-v2.png[img][/QUOTE]

I really hope this is a joke :lol :lol .

shagg_187 said:
Jesus christ! You too! DID YOU READ THE FUCKING THREAD? It's a fucking bannable offense!
This isn't an official announcement!! It's a billboard placed there to be advertised inside a movie that hasn't been released yet. By the time movie comes out, Resistance 3 ads will start rolling out.

:lol

This is so sad.

SamBishop

Banned
miked808 said:
Nice Catch! Gas is expensive down there.

Be glad you don't live in the SF Bay Area. Gas at one of the cheapest places in the city across from my office is somewhere around $3.30 right now.

Hydrargyrus

O_O

What the hell is this billboard doing in the middle of... nowhere??

Someone has hand painted it and it's drying off out there??

hahahaha, awesome catch

Insomniac should take a break, fire some people, hire some people, and throw Ratchet in a ditch and shoot him in the fucking head.

Top Bottom