• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 DEMO up in Asian PSN store

Thrakier

Loudninja said:
I am not really sure why you keep going to every Resistance topic and posting the same things.You are not in the beta you are judging things based on youtube vidoes.Also its pretty funny you telling him what to take notice of when he is actually in the beta.

Oh, you know, even if I were in beta that wouldn't change anything because of NDA. So I wouldn't be allowed to talk about it anyway. So I would need to base my judgment on YT-Videos in this case too.

TheGOHN

Thrakier said:
Oh, you know, even if I were in beta that wouldn't change anything because of NDA. So I wouldn't be allowed to talk about it anyway. So I would need to base my judgment on YT-Videos in this case too.

It would if what you had seen in the beta was better than the YT-videos, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying the thing you have been due to the fact that you know better.

Irish

Thrakier said:
- bad choice of colors (you can see that in the GIF too, gras is way to green etc.)

You obviously haven't seen much of that magical pre-storm sunshine, Seph. It changes the way everything looks. I've seen seen grass that green many a times before.

Oh well, people like what they like. I like it, you don't. Based on what you've said, you look at these things on more of a technical level, I guess. I just go with the flow. That's the broken way. Looks stunning to me, even though I can't really explain myself.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Irish said:
You obviously haven't seen much of that magical pre-storm sunshine, Seph. It changes the way everything looks. I've seen seen grass that green many a times before.

Oh well, people like what they like. I like it, you don't.

yeah, I think our art direction in R3 is super strong, and I think the Wales map is STUNNING. Looks like our reference for it.

*shrug* different strokes

JS the radio announcer on the Wales map is excellent, has a real Henry Stillman vibe to it.

Love hearing about the Widowmaker and references to the Dublin-Holyhead route.

I like it, think it looks great. Not every game has to look like an ultra-high res PC game; sometimes art style and atmosphere can be just as effective as high tech wizardry. It damn sure doesn't look "terrible" to me, people are so overly dramatic at times.

Thrakier

Irish said:

Oh well, people like what they like. I like it, you don't. Based on what you've said, you look at these things on more of a technical level, I guess. I just go with the flow. That's the broken way. Looks stunning to me, even though I can't really explain myself.

No, I never saw something like that in real life. To me it looks surreal, strange mix somewhere between comic and reality. If that comes down to taste, I don't care, but the flaws of the engine aren't just a matter of taste. You may enjoy the game anyway, that's fine. ;) Tech is not everything.

@TheGohn

I don't think so that the beta looks better than those videos. ;) If anything those videos hide the flaws of the engine pretty good.

TheGOHN

Thrakier said:
@TheGohn

I don't think so that the beta looks better than those videos. ;) If anything those videos hide the flaws of the engine pretty good.

I'm not saying it does, you said being in the beta wouldn't change what you said about the game due to NDA and that you would still judge based on YT-vids. I'm saying it would, had you been in the beta and liked what you had seen.

Thrakier

TheGOHN said:
I'm not saying it does, you said being in the beta wouldn't change what you said about the game due to NDA and that you would still judge based on YT-vids. I'm saying it would, had you been in the beta and liked what you had seen.

Right, you got it. ;)

MrPliskin

Banned
Thrakier said:
No, I never saw something like that in real life. To me it looks surreal, strange mix somewhere between comic and reality. If that comes down to taste, I don't care, but the flaws of the engine aren't just a matter of taste. You may enjoy the game anyway, that's fine. ;) Tech is not everything.

@TheGohn

And when exactly did you get the impression that Resistance was going for hyper realism?

/troll

Thrakier

MrPliskin said:
And when exactly did you get the impression that Resistance was going for hyper realism?

/troll

It's not the question if it's hyper realism or sci-fi. I'm fine with phantasy. It's a question of style and if it's plesaing to the eyes or just ugly.

MrPliskin

Banned
Thrakier said:
It's not the question if it's hyper realism or sci-fi. I'm fine with phantasy. It's a question of style and if it's plesaing to the eyes or just ugly.

Oh, so it's entirely subjective and yet you're still trying to convince people otherwise. Got it.

Thrakier

MrPliskin said:
Oh, so it's entirely subjective and yet you're still trying to convince people otherwise. Got it.

If the colors or not are ugly is subjective, right. To each his own. That the engine runs sub hd, has aliasing, shimmering and weak textures - no, that's not subjective.

MrPliskin

Banned
Thrakier said:
If the colors or not are ugly is subjective, right. To each his own. That the engine runs sub hd, has aliasing, shimmering and weak textures - no, that's not subjective.

The fact that they are there's objective. Whether or not you think that makes the game ugly, however, still is. I still win, yay! :)

Thrakier said:
So, Sub-HD is prettier than 720p, yes...?

It could be depending on the game and who's playing it. Just becaause the metrics that you choose are objective doesn't mean ones' opinion is any less subjective on the matter. Are you purposfully being obtuse?

DigiMish

Just played the demo - it looks and plays great. All the weapons feel right, but I do miss the bullseye tag bomb.

Really looking forward to R3 now.

Irish

DigiMish said:
Just played the demo - it looks and plays great. All the weapons feel right, but I do miss the bullseye tag bomb.

Really looking forward to R3 now.

Yeah, I really miss that as well. :(

DigiMish

Irish said:
Yeah, I really miss that as well. :(

I mean honestly, I didn't use it much in R2, but I feel that Resistance is all about having options (hence the weapon wheel), and the bullseye tag bomb might be useful for some of the bosses.

I could see myself using it on closed off levels like the boat where you have a limited area to work with, and you know attack on your is imminent.

Thrakier

Fenderputty said:
It could be depending on the game and who's playing it. Just becaause the metrics that you choose are objective doesn't mean ones' opinion is any less subjective on the matter. Are you purposfully being obtuse?

lol, wtf! That's a joke, isn't it? You know what, be satisfied with how the game looks and don't expect any more from Insomniac (despite they were graphical leaders last gen). Everything is good and no one will criticize anymore. Really..what the hell.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Thrakier said:
So, Sub-HD is prettier than 720p, yes...?
If the games looked exactly the same, you'd have a point. As it is, I much prefer the visuals in R3 compared to R1 and R2, despite the lower resolution.

Atruvius said:
Here's my singapore account's email and password. Just quote this. Download the demo from dl history.

Thank you so much! dling the sonic generations demo off there as well cause i missed it!

i signed out, signed into my profile and its still dling, can i delete the profile i created to dl it now, or do i have to leave it on?

MrPliskin

Banned
Thrakier said:
lol, wtf! That's a joke, isn't it? You know what, be satisfied with how the game looks and don't expect any more from Insomniac (despite they were graphical leaders last gen). Everything is good and no one will criticize anymore. Really..what the hell.

I think Resistance 3 is a better looking game than a LOT of 720p games. Want me to list them? There are TONS.

Thrakier said:

I was merely commenting on the subjective nature of opinion. Nothing more.

Although you're little rant about holding Insomniac to some graphical standard was rather amusing.

Thrakier

MrPliskin said:
I think Resistance 3 is a better looking game than a LOT of 720p games. Want me to list them? There are TONS.

I don't care. IMO it's a huge letdown graphical. I don't even know if I prefer it to R2.

Alias03

Played the demo and loved it. Was gonna buy this regardless cause I'm a huge fan of BOTH (yeah I said both!) Resistance games. I think R2 gets WAY more hate then it deserves imho. Anyways came here to post of all things how well it controls. They really nailed it! I played the demo all the way through twice and after went to played a few games of COD. I know lots of people have various opinions on COD, but I think one thing most people can agree on is that it controls pretty well for a console FPS. Now on to my point, after playing COD I kept saying to myself how much I wished COD controlled more like R3!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Lord Error said:
If the games looked exactly the same, you'd have a point. As it is, I much prefer the visuals in R3 compared to R1 and R2, despite the lower resolution.
Same here. I think that the game looks great and with the motion blur and DoF in full effect it masks the resolution difference pretty well.

Melchiah

The boat level was somewhat a disappointment with its scripted events, hopefully the more open levels will turn out to be the opposite.

Top Bottom