• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - Gamespot First Look

gogogow

Arde0 said:
Those arent the same double yellow lines that are used in the states...they are next to the curb. Any English people on here care to share what the hell they are there for? Just never seen them on the side of the road like that....bike lane maybe?
It's something that you'll only find in the UK and HongKong.
Double yellow lines occur only on the side of carriageways and indicate 'no parking at any time'. Hourly, daily and/or seasonal restrictions may be posted on signs next to the road.

SpokkX

Wollan said:
Here is how the Chimera soldier has evolved. The latest model clearly has much more detail than the previous ones:

ChimeraModels.jpg

I don´t care for the Chimera-design at all, it is just not fitting.

Nice technically but CAN they even close those mouths? And why do they look like grey humans with bare chests and all wear those brown pants?

I like my aliens more "alien"

gogogow said:
It's something that you'll only find in the UK and HongKong.
Double yellow lines occur only on the side of carriageways and indicate 'no parking at any time'. Hourly, daily and/or seasonal restrictions may be posted on signs next to the road.

Thank you.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
It's looking better! That one shot where the tubes just kinda cut into the chimera's arm though...ew.

What is awesome about those tubes is that they are procedural. If a bullet misses the chimera, but hits the tube, the tube rips off and flails about while steaming. You could see it in the E3 demo.

BuddyC

SpokkX said:

Nice technically but CAN they even close those mouths? And why do they look like grey humans with bare chests and all wear those brown pants?

Saving this post for future reference.

Wollan

SpokkX said:
Nice technically but CAN they even close those mouths?

Have you seen the animation in this game? It may very well be at the top concerning fps games. You see the eyes look around, muscles and facial changes, true weight..etc.

I'm really, REALLY impressed with the big scope pictures seen here. Looking at that Chimeran dig station and the city shoot, it's soo much detail everywhere to take in.

The new larger pics are hot!

The improvement in the chimera is immediately noticable. Game is shaping up awesomely. I don't know why it's the little thing, but seeing such round helmets rules.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
artful_dodger said:
What is awesome about those tubes is that they are procedural. If a bullet misses the chimera, but hits the tube, the tube rips off and flails about while steaming. You could see it in the E3 demo.
Does that realistically affect their cooling system? Could someone snipe each of the tubes on a Chimera soldier and watch them begin to overheat?

Wollan

kaching said:
Does that realistically affect their cooling system? Could someone snipe each of the tubes on a Chimera soldier and watch them begin to overheat?

Yeah, taking out the tubes and such on the back killed them in the E3 demo. I guess that the heating process or whatever may be a reason why they got set up those digging stations as well(to get closer to the core I guess. I may be totally wrong though).

SpokkX said:

You don't know much about the game do you?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wollan said:
Yeah, taking out the tubes and such on the back killed them in the E3 demo.
Where's a vid from E3 that shows this? I don't recall seeing anything like that.

I guess that the heating process or whatever may be a reason why they got set up those digging stations as well(to get closer to the core I guess. I may be totally wrong though).
Getting closer to earth's core would just make things hotter...

Wollan

kaching said:
Where's a vid from E3 that shows this? I don't recall seeing anything like that.

I don't think there ever was a video of that but I remember reading it.

kaching said:
Getting closer to earth's core would just make things hotter...

Yeah, and those tubes provide them heat. Obviously they like heat.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wollan said:
Yeah, and those tubes provide them heat. Obviously they like heat.
Other way around. The Chimera are prone to overheating so presumably the tubes are taking heat away from the body.

jax (old)

Banned
game looks good but why is the ambient lighting so dominant (vs realtime). It looks sort of washed out in stills - maybe it'd look better in motion but that's my biggest beef with the visuals at the moment. How lacking in contrast it is.

Wollan

kaching said:
Other way around. The Chimera are prone to overheating so presumably the tubes are taking heat away from the body.

I think it's the other way around. The tubes on their back are obviously very hot(since they are glowing and all) and when you shoot them steam and stuff comes out.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Can't wait to see video tommorrow. I hope to see a glimpse of the black and white cut scenes as well.

Dante

Lookin great, I really hope I get my PS3 on launch day now after the launch numbers have been dropped. This'll prob be the first game I pop in.

BuddyC

kaching said:
Help us, BuddyC! You're our only hope!
I'm pretty sure if you dig around what's available, specifically the latest IGN interview, you'll find some help there. I can't do much, I'm afraid.

new screens are really nice (all things considered about resolutions).

one thing i will say, is i still don't really get why people release screens at stupidly big resolutions. it just makes things like the textures and the fire look like crap when they don't at the real resolution.

oh well, i guess we'll have to wait for UBER BLU RAY before we'll have enough storage space for 4400p ;)

antiloop

WOW!! Nice upgrade, especially the Chimera design. I like it now. :)

Ground textures looks good enough. This game looks good! ;)

antiloop said:
WOW!! Nice upgrade, especially the Chimera design. I like it now. :)

Ground textures looks good enough. This game looks good! ;)

That's what i'm seeing. ground textures are upgraded. Hope they would fix them all.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wollan said:
I suggest you ban kaching.
In the process, please transfer my tag to Wollan. Someone's got to carry the torch.
BuddyC said:
I'm pretty sure if you dig around what's available, specifically the latest IGN interview, you'll find some help there. I can't do much, I'm afraid.
Wollan, you heard the man - educate yourself!

Really

Yes Really

Wollan

I'm aware that they have a overheating issue in multiplayer but so far the impression I have got from those tubes is that they are pretty hot in nature. It's hard to tell who's right and who's wrong I guess.

And no, I would never want to see you banned.

GeoramA

It's improved A LOT since E3, and it looked pretty damn nice back in May. I can't wait for the new footage tomorrow.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I got the joke, just responding in kind. I think we should write some Resistance fanfiction together and watch hilarity ensue as we contradict each other every few paragraphs regarding Chimera metabolism.

"So then the Chimera soldier overheated spectacularly, steam bursting from gaskets, the heat exchanger visibly melting..."

"...and the Chimera soldier slumped to the ground unable to continue because its heat source had been damaged beyond repair"

Wollan

Why are there no woman Chimeras? Surely, some of their victims must have been of the better sex. I want to see barebreasted Chimeras. And Chimera jugen soldiers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
reading over the egm preview again...
whos down for some resistance gaf-clan? :D
I'm interested in seeing the ps3 headset for voice chat also.

Wollan said:
Why are there no woman Chimeras? Surely, some of their victims must have been of the better sex. I want to see barebreasted Chimeras. And Chimera jugen soldiers.
not every species has sex... and that's not even talking about aliens.

Jim

Sooo like... all the new screens (small and larger ones) were mistakenly released online and are still under embargo. Forget you ever saw 'em :)

jett

D-Member
Jim said:
Sooo like... all the new screens (small and larger ones) were mistakenly released online and are still under embargo. Forget you ever saw 'em :)

Can Sony do anything right? :p

Arde0 said:
Those arent the same double yellow lines that are used in the states...they are next to the curb. Any English people on here care to share what the hell they are there for? Just never seen them on the side of the road like that....bike lane maybe?

I'm English, double yellows are used to show where people aren't allowed to park, English roads aren't as wide as American's, to the extent that sometimes if someone parks up they can block the flow of traffic. I wouldn't have thought they would be around in the 30s 40s 50s? whenever it's set because there weren't enough cars in those days to make it necessary, I'll ask my gran, maybe Insomniac made a mistake? They are an American company.

And I saw the pics, they looked great, you can't silence me Sony!!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
travisbickle said:
I wouldn't have thought they would be around in the 30s 40s 50s? whenever it's set because there weren't enough cars in those days to make it necessary, I'll ask my gran, maybe Insomniac made a mistake? They are an American company.
Sony just keeps lying to us, over and over.

Jim

Mmmkay said:
Whoops! But err like, the small ones from the US PlayStation 3 site...

Some of them were new, though the ones from the official site were OK.

These are the only kosher ones at the moment:
8170.jpg

1278.jpg

6835.jpg

6184.jpg

1840.jpg

THE:MILKMAN

travisbickle said:
I'm English, double yellows are used to show where people aren't allowed to park, English roads aren't as wide as American's, to the extent that sometimes if someone parks up they can block the flow of traffic. I wouldn't have thought they would be around in the 30s 40s 50s? whenever it's set because there weren't enough cars in those days to make it necessary, I'll ask my gran, maybe Insomniac made a mistake? They are an American company.

And I saw the pics, they looked great, you can't silence me Sony!!!

I asked my dad and he *thinks* 1958.

Top Bottom