Resistance: Fall of Man screenshots (PS3) *56K run forrest run*

Dante said:
Um, I played Resistance at E3 I know how it looks. I also know how COD2 looks and it looks nothing like the shot you posted.

I just grabbed the first shot off google, here's one non "pre release demo"
:lol MEGAOWNAGE :lol

That's Call of Duty ONE, doofbag.
 
Dante said:
Like I said I am just grabbing random shots off Google. Streiks shots look equally as bad, and nothing like the pic you posted.
Haha, eating humble pie now. :lol From 'gaming authority' to casual google surfer. Go away and find another board to troll.
 
I think the first and second screenshots are from the multiplayer version which explains the downgrade in them compared to the other shots. Sorta how Chaos Theory's graphics downgraded a little in multiplayer to support the extra players.
 
tHoMNZ said:
soo whats with the terrible looking ps3 games? I thought the cell could write games for it self on the fly at 120fps in 4d
i know people will flame me to death [ thats if i didnt get banned for saying this ]

but from what i understand, Xbox 360 is more powerful than PS3 [ dont get fooled by numbers on paper sony gives you ] PS2 on paper is more powerful than xbox in terms of floating points etc.
 

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
llTll said:
i know people will flame me to death [ thats if i didnt get banned for saying this ]

but from what i understand, Xbox 360 is more powerful than PS3 [ dont get fooled by numbers on paper sony gives you ] PS2 on paper is more powerful than xbox in terms of floating points etc.
Nobody knows what the Xenos card can really do.
Nobody knows what is in RSX yet.

So basically, it's in the air.
 
Im interesting in playing this game.
It seems that Sony hyped this system so much that every single screenshot of every game must make you feel the urge to give away 600 bucks.
It doesnt look that bad if you ask me (not smth really great too)
 


I think ps3 games are going to have more of these "low-res" textures than we all are expecting... I see those textures in every screenshot of every real-time PS3 footage :/ Are our expectations too high? I'm a bit worried about that...

 

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Between the bitching about ground textures in this and the Quake Wars thread, I'm beginning to wonder if some of you are just really crappy FPS players and you care about the ground textures so much because that's what you end up staring at most of the time ;)
 
Chiggs said:
These responses make me sad. Resistance will rock...hopefully.
If it's any consolation, I came away happy. It doesn't seem like Resistance will be the revolutionary first-person shooter that many appear to think it should be, but with solid graphics, the alternate history/alien invasion storyline, and some (hopefully) badass encounters (huge bosses are almost a given), not to mention the multiplayer, it'll definitely be quality.
 

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BuddyC said:
If it's any consolation, I came away happy. It doesn't seem like Resistance will be the revolutionary first-person shooter that many appear to think it should be, but with solid graphics, the alternate history/alien invasion storyline, and some (hopefully) badass encounters (huge bosses are almost a given), not to mention the multiplayer, it'll definitely be quality.
How much of it is like Half-Life 2? Did it use tilt or did they discuss how the tilt function of the PS3 controller would be used?
 
BuddyC said:
If it's any consolation, I came away happy. It doesn't seem like Resistance will be the revolutionary first-person shooter that many appear to think it should be, but with solid graphics, the alternate history/alien invasion storyline, and some (hopefully) badass encounters (huge bosses are almost a given), not to mention the multiplayer, it'll definitely be quality.

But didnt you hear? :

This game rapes COD2 and it's not even close
 
DenogginizerOS said:
How much of it is like Half-Life 2? Did it use tilt or did they discuss how the tilt function of the PS3 controller would be used?
Keep in mind this is all based off a fifteen minute walkthrough immediately following Sony's E3 conference.

Regarding tilt, the E3 single-player demo didn't use it. That doesn't mean they won't use it in the final product though, but I didn't think to ask. Hopefully if they do end up using tilt, it's something that can also be done with the standard buttons...

As for Half-Life 2, I'm not sure there either. Ted Price promised portions of the game would utilize the atmosphere for tense and creepy moments, which sounds promising, but isn't saying much. The game certainly has potential to be creepy, and with the fast-paced action segments, it'd be a nice contrast. And with the ever-changing lineup of monsters (as they mutate throughout the levels), he didn't deny the possibility of huge boss fights.

Like I said, it's probably not going to be the revolutionary game many desire it to be, but for folks that just want a quality first person shooter, it's looking to be good.
 

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ted Price has said in a couple of interviews now that they'll be using the motion detection. I imagine (optional?) vehicular control would be one potential application, maybe some other things too (leaning around corners?)..
 
Doom_Bringer said:
This game needs motion blur and post filter effects like Hitman Blood Money. Those two effects can make any game look great. But as of now resistence looks like poop
I agree, Hitman: Blood Money looks awesome even though in the technical sense it's really not that great looking. The lighting and filter effects are just so well done.
 
From what I gather this is YET ANOTHER war game, minus the one thing that makes war games cool (killing nazis), with the added (and admittedly smile-inducingly quirky) inclusion of silly looking aliens. The graphics aren't the hottest. What are we supposed to be getting excited about? That its insomniac?

Its a hybrid of the two most popular kinds of FPS I guess. WWII games + The Alien aspect of those games with Bald Space Marines in Power Suits..
 
radioheadrule83 said:
From what I gather this is YET ANOTHER war game, minus the one thing that makes war games cool (killing nazis), with the added (and admittedly smile-inducingly quirky) inclusion of silly looking aliens. The graphics aren't the hottest. What are we supposed to be getting excited about? That its insomniac?

Its a hybrid of the two most popular kinds of FPS I guess. WWII games + The Alien aspect of those games with Bald Space Marines in Power Suits..
Except WWII is nowhere to be found in this game's universe.
 
I'm just disappointed that your character isn't in some self-inducing portable nuclear fission shield producing 6" of armor suit with glowing doo-dads... well... hopefully he has a bic'd head...
 
J-Rzez said:
I'm just disappointed that your character isn't in some self-inducing portable nuclear fission shield producing 6" of armor suit with glowing doo-dads... well... hopefully he has a bic'd head...
+1 for effort bringing your final score to... 3.5/10!!!

When I saw the video of this game I was pretty hyped about the alien/monster design then i saw it again.... standing next to the exact same design, with the exact same posture and no differentiating features... then another one was standing there but he had on some sort of bondage mask to assert his individuality!

starting to look like a boring attempt at capturing the HL2 and generic WWII FPS and mixing them together for lack-luster results, complete with OMG TEH PHYSIX!
 

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mike G.E.D. said:
I can't some of you brought Call of Duty 2 into this.

So were comparing a 60fps PC-port, to a 30fps console-only shooter? Awesome.
Okay, few things:

1. CoD2 was designed on the 360. It is not a PC port. Of that I am almost certain.
2. It was rarely a consistent 60 FPS, and the 60 FPS crew (WHERE ARE YOU Dark10x?!) will back me up on that


And this still looks better than CoD anyway.
 

dark10x

60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Okay, few things:

1. CoD2 was designed on the 360. It is not a PC port. Of that I am almost certain.
2. It was rarely a consistent 60 FPS, and the 60 FPS crew (WHERE ARE YOU Dark10x?!) will back me up on that


And this still looks better than CoD anyway.
I'll back you up.

CoD2 is not an attractive game. Resistance looks worlds better than CoD2.

CoD2 also failed to hold 60 fps in anything resembling heavy combat. The second any serious smoke, enemies, explosions, or anything similar showed up on screen...you were dropping to 30 fps. The Russian missions are a joke (in terms of framerate).

Resistance isn't mindblowing, but it looked very solid at E3. Lots of detail to be found, great animation, and generally nice looking visuals on the whole.