• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance Online mode demonstrated in full!

Alias03

Game Informers website has new Resistance MP videos up http://gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={4833E94D-34D8-4E90-B4AB-23B52F08948C}

The stat tracking looks awesome. Lots of cool features in MP it seems.

VID 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKWvK0v3J0

VID 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOkyzElbVw

VID 3 (stat tracking)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GVuQYXoxs

VID 4 (Breach gametype mode part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O4uZvBmW0

VID 5 (Breach gametype mode part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAE1vgGP3Y

VID 6 (playing as a Chimera)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjJpq2dcpw

Rody

OMG, I love this game even more. The stats are awesome.

You can earn ribbons and medals, and you can also change the appearance of your character (not shown).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What is the Late Joining option for? Allowing people to join mid-game or not? That's nice. Also love the Party stuff. It was pretty useful in Halo 2.

Wollan

The stat tracking is insane. A ton of info there. You can compare them with your friends as well.
And he mentioned a new weapon I don't think we have heard of before, the 'Dragon'.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TTP said:
What is the Late Joining option for? Allowing people to join mid-game or not?

Yes, I think so.

Did he mention
the mixed breed
in custom matches? Has that been confirmed now? I thought it was just a rumour before.

I've a question too about the buddy list in the game - is that just a custom 'skin' for in-game interaction with your PNP buddy list, like the way you can have custom interfaces to the Playstation Store? Or is it a independent buddy list specifically for the game, seperate from the one in your OS? Options like viewing people you recently played with etc. match options on the XMB, so I'm guessing it's the former, but it'd be nice to have that clarified.

Wollan

gofreak said:
Did he mention
the mixed breed
in custom matches?

I think he means both races on the same team, kinda like Halo 2.
The message list sounded like a combination in that it showed both your private PNP messages, the clan messages and so forth all on one list. I'm not sure though.

'If the clan is sending me messages, if my friends are sending me messages, if the system sends me messages, they will appear here.'

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wollan said:
I think he means both races on the same team, kinda like Halo 2.

Right, probably, that makes sense.

Wollan said:
The message list sounded like a combination in that it showed both your private PNP messages, the clan messages and so forth all on one list. I'm not sure though.

Yeah, building on the PNP list for in-game specifics would be nice versus an entirely independent list. Well I suppose it can't really be totally independent since there's a universal login..it has to use the data from the PNP, so I'm guessing it leverages what the PNP provides "+ more". I hope so anyway.

Alias03

Im just finishing uploading the last of the 6 vids. I should have links very soon in my OG post. Hope you enjoy them!!! THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Wollan said:
And he mentioned a new weapon I don't think we have heard of before, the 'Dragon'.

Im gonna make a leap and guess that's the flamethrower. ;)

That Cheddar Gorge map seems to have a really good sense of scale to it. It's really big but it looks like they've packed it with all sorts of choke points, platforms and various cover to work with. I'm still bummed about the lack of vehicles but it definitely seems nicely tuned for on foot combat (as they've been emphasizing). Breach Mode should be a blast. Have they explained what the new Conversion mode is yet?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
Right, probably, that makes sense.

Yeah, building on the PNP list for in-game specifics would be nice versus an entirely independent list. Well I suppose it can't really be totally independent since there's a universal login..it has to use the data from the PNP, so I'm guessing it leverages what the PNP provides "+ more". I hope so anyway.

Yeah. What I think this game does (and most will) is getting the data from the PNP and use that within the game interface.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
In the fourth video you can also see him pull up the predictive text input thingy to chat with the others waiting on the game - definitely looks like it's pulled up from the OS, rather than something specific to Resistance, which is kind of reassuring.

edit - beaten by Wollan.

edit 2 - also nice to see that the load times don't look interminable..although I guess we don't know if this is running of a HDD or BD disc.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This game just seems so polished, like insomniac has put in a lot of elbow grease in the making of this game. Really seems like they have been working on this game for a long time. I'm 100% confident in my purchase of this one come launch day. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
In the fourth video you can also see him pull up the predictive text input thingy to chat with the others waiting on the game - definitely looks like it's pulled up from the OS, rather than something specific to Resistance, which is kind of reassuring.

Yeah. That's basically like PSP works. Every time you get to type in something, the standard PSP type-in interface pops up. Same with the save screen.

Wollan

I would suspect the PS3 supports a multitude of headsets in traditional style of the platform.
If you have a USB or Bluetooth headset I'm guessing the chances are high that they will work.

Regarding PNP messages again, what I think is the deal is that they don't have an overlay for it but that the functionality of it must be built into the game itself (until Sony chooses to add an overlay that is).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
I would suspect the PS3 supports a multitude of headsets in traditional style of the platform.
If you have a USB or Bluetooth headset I'm guessing the chances are high that they will work.

Yeah. Every time I walk into cell phones stores I'm tempted to buy one of those slick Bluetooth headsets for use with the PS3 :lol
But I'm not doing it till I get a confirmation it'd work of course.

Wollan

If you see the 'blinking' image at the beginning before you enter the match, that is a filter that makes the image simulate a old and damaged movie clip. The same happens when you die as well though it also fades totally out in that case.

Edit: Noticed a couple of bugs fly by while he talks about the map.

2nd Edit: Looking at the stat screen, them having 'XP TO LEVEL' stats and such... this game will hook bad.

Wollan

Chimera oh yes.

Edit: I think you should rename thread title to something like "Resistance Online mode shown in full!" or something. So unambitious atm. ;)

Top Bottom