• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn’s boss says he would ‘love to see’ a Titanfall 3

Draugoth

Gold Member

Respawn CEO Vince Zampella has said that he’d “love to see” Titanfall 3 happen, although he stopped short of committing to a return to the franchise.

Speaking to Barron’s, Zampella claimed that Respawn is “not working on anything currently.I hate to say yes, then people latch onto that, and then skewer you when it doesn’t come. But I would love to see it happen is the real answer. There are no exact dedicated plans for that.

Zampella continued: “It has to be the right thing. It’s such a beloved franchise for the fans and also for us. If it is not the right moment in time, the right idea, then it just doesn’t make sense. Apex [Legends] is the Titanfall universe, right? There’s how do you do something that doesn’t confuse people that are Apex fans, but not necessarily Titanfall fans yet. It’s a hard question to answer, but ultimately I would love to see something. It was reported earlier this year that a team of about 50 people had been working on ‘Titanfall Legends’ at Respawn.

This single-player experience for Apex Legends would have been an attempt at getting a “Titanfall-feeling project” inside of its hugely popular free-to-player spin-off, Apex Legends, according to Giant Bomb reporter Jeff Grubb.

Titanfall Legends was not Titanfall 3, because in a lot of people’s minds I think Titanfall 3 was going to be a new, standalone game with a single-player campaign and a multiplayer, and they could just never do that again after Apex Legends changed the calculus on all of those things.

Coconutt

You Lyin Lauren Lake GIF by Lauren Lake's Paternity Court

Top Bottom