• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Boss Hints at New Shooter While Marking Studio's 10th Anniversary

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The end of Vince Zampella’s first decade as the head of Respawn Entertainment, the studio he co-founded with fellow Call of Duty co-creator Jason West in 2010 in the wake of an ugly corporate divorce from Activision, couldn’t have gone much better. In 2019, Respawn bookended the year by releasing two critical and commercial successes: Apex Legends in February and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November. Zampella capped it all off by earning more power from EA via a promotion to oversee multiple studios, including DICE LA. And this after EA bought Respawn for $455 million in 2017.

“When you look backwards at [2019], it’s crazier than it was at the time,” Zampella told IGN this week. “When you see it all as a package, it’s like ‘Holy shit!’ but at the time we were just doing what we do. We’ve got a bunch of people that love to make games and love what they do and they did that.” The good times have continued to roll for Zampella and Respawn in 2020. Coming off of Jedi Fallen Order’s success, EA CEO Andrew Wilson recently called Jedi Fallen Order the “first title in an entirely new franchise.” That means a sequel, right? Zampella laughed and said, “I will say that Andrew Wilson alluded to something...but I will say, that team is hiring. Put the word out.”

Check the link for more.

D.Final

Banned

The end of Vince Zampella’s first decade as the head of Respawn Entertainment, the studio he co-founded with fellow Call of Duty co-creator Jason West in 2010 in the wake of an ugly corporate divorce from Activision, couldn’t have gone much better. In 2019, Respawn bookended the year by releasing two critical and commercial successes: Apex Legends in February and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November. Zampella capped it all off by earning more power from EA via a promotion to oversee multiple studios, including DICE LA. And this after EA bought Respawn for $455 million in 2017.

“When you look backwards at [2019], it’s crazier than it was at the time,” Zampella told IGN this week. “When you see it all as a package, it’s like ‘Holy shit!’ but at the time we were just doing what we do. We’ve got a bunch of people that love to make games and love what they do and they did that.” The good times have continued to roll for Zampella and Respawn in 2020. Coming off of Jedi Fallen Order’s success, EA CEO Andrew Wilson recently called Jedi Fallen Order the “first title in an entirely new franchise.” That means a sequel, right? Zampella laughed and said, “I will say that Andrew Wilson alluded to something...but I will say, that team is hiring. Put the word out.”

Check the link for more.

Awesome news
I can't wait to see it

Cock of War

This is totally far out of left field, but when I saw the OT title I got a vision of a classic 80's action flick as a tps/fps hybrid. Like an amalgamation of Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Red Heat etc. No nonsense balls to the wall action. It could be Respawn's Uncharted to 80's action like Uncharted was to Indiana Jones type movies.
A man can dream.
This flight of fancy may be in part due to my current inebriation 😉

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
It's also overly linear but if having your hand held is fun to you, then be my guest.

Aside from me being mean, it has fun moments.

I think those are fair points. That doesnt stop it from being a fantastic game with fun gameplay, excellent rewards for exploration, and a truly wonderful story and atmosphere. I love classic Star Wars... and Fallen Order feels like that. It's amazing!

I think those are fair points. That doesnt stop it from being a fantastic game with fun gameplay, excellent rewards for exploration, and a truly wonderful story and atmosphere. I love classic Star Wars... and Fallen Order feels like that. It's amazing!
Better than Battlefront? Absolutely, but the classics were WAY better and I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping our standards high. My opinion is controversial but I always try to keep good intentions.

But I think I can say this on an objective level... it's the best EA game in years.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Their most successful game, by an order of magnitude, is a multiplayer only title.

Will be interesting to see what direction leadership chooses to take the team.

Top Bottom