• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn (Titanfall) is hiring, looking for 3rd person action/exploration experience

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well this is a bit unusual. Maybe Titanfall 2's campaign is in third person, or they're actually stating a second series?

Software Engineer said:
Experience working on 3rd person action/exploration games.
Senior Character Artist said:
Senior Animator said:
Source: http://www.respawn.com/careers/

Update:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2490102/details_about_titanfall_developers_next_game_emerge.html

"Experience working on 3rd person action/adventure games, demonstrating major contributions in the areas of hero control schemes, enemy design, navigation mechanics, and combat," the listing reads.

""Respawn is seeking a Senior Systems Designer to embrace and contribute to the project vision, specifically in the areas of hero control/mechanics, enemy design, AI behaviors, combat/weapons, class design, skills/progression, story, and boss encounters," the posting reads.

Dead

well not really...yet
Titanfall 2 SP being 3rd person would be amazing. More amazing would be if they actually make a serious SP experience rather than a cruddy 6 hour nonsense SP like most military shooters have.

or could be a new game.

either way, better have Robots

KissVibes

Banned
I wonder if they want someone who's done work on 3rd person action games to make sure the animations and movement systems are the best they can be? If I was making a first person shooter with a major focus on movement and the vertical layers of world design, I'd hire someone with a lot of experience in 3rd person action/exploration games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The one that got canned? Wouldn't Sony own that regardless of its status?

Stig joined Respawn. They said he isn't working on Titanfall, though it wasn't clear if they meant Titanfall 1 or anything relating to the series.

EA and Respawn signed up a big contract for Titanfall and potentially other stuff too so they could be funneling a ton of money into the studio after the success of the first game, enough to run two teams.

Meh. They'd probably just scrap the project for a new flavor of COD. Remember all the decent sounding Premises they scrapped before going with titanfall.

with the world they have in this game we need a dope ass single player campaign for this.

i had a lot of fun with the mp. but still...it's not enough.

Dead

well not really...yet
with the world they have in this game we need a dope ass single player campaign for this.

i had a lot of fun with the mp. but still...it's not enough.
It did feel a lot more fleshed out than it needed to be for an MP only game, for sure

duckroll

I wonder if it could be a brand new stand alone game but set in the Titanfall universe. That could be an interesting direction for Respawn to go.

Dead

well not really...yet
I wonder if it could be a brand new stand alone game but set in the Titanfall universe. That could be an interesting direction for Respawn to go.
3rd person multiplayer, Starhawk style.

Introduce jets that turn into robots, the future of titanfall

Titanfly

Gaz_RB

Titancharted.

Really though, could be cool. I was expecting Titanfall 2 to be their next game, but I'm down for some surprises!

WarpathDC

Titanfall is a great IP. It wouldn't be the first IP to have games in multiple genres but I hope they don't mess with the core Titanfall formula too much on there sequel as it kicks ass. Just make a proper SP campaign.

A TPS Titanfall spinoff would he okay though.

3rd person multiplayer, Starhawk style.

Introduce jets that turn into robots, the future of titanfall

Titanfly

rejoice.png

duckroll

Maybe off topic. Do developers ever hire writers specifically for writing?

Writers who already have a career tend to be freelancers. They do get hired to write for games from time to time, but it's on a per project basis. Developers who make RPGs or story heavy games do hire internal writers, but their job scope can be wider, including scenario design, quest design, scripting, etc.

Rocketz

Well they did have a 3rd person mode in MW2 which I really liked so it should be interesting. I can't see them making 2 games at once though so if they are making a new IP, a sequal to Titanfall may be a long ways away.

I know a single player mode is really requested with Titanfall but I'm unsure how it would work (in 1st person)? The game is focused around the parkour and Titan combat, I'm not sure how a single player mode would work and still feel like Titanfall. But hey I don't make video games so what do I know.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Writers who already have a career tend to be freelancers. They do get hired to write for games from time to time, but it's on a per project basis. Developers who make RPGs or story heavy games do hire internal writers, but their job scope can be wider, including scenario design, quest design, scripting, etc.

Hmm
That's interesting. I wonder how you break into that market.

duckroll

But he's only there for a couple of months however that long is :p

What do you mean? He joined Respawn a few months ago as a game director. They're now hiring for a new third person project. Respawn is a pretty small developer right now, so if they're going ahead with a new project that isn't Titanfall 2, it makes sense that they need to expand.

Kayant

What do you mean? He joined Respawn a few months ago as a game director. They're now hiring for a new third person project. Respawn is a pretty small developer right now, so if they're going ahead with a new project that isn't Titanfall 2, it makes sense that they need to expand.

Oh I see but I was just wondering why you think it might be stig's game because isn't that work he did belong to Sony?

I thought he joined recently because of when the news came out my bad..... Won't it be more likely it's something respawn was thinking about that he's working on then based on his project?

duckroll

Oh I see but I was just wondering why you think it might be stig's game because isn't that work he did belong to Sony?

I thought he joined recently because of when the news came out my bad..... Won't it be more likely it's something respawn was thinking about that he's working on then based on his project?

Stig's game as in... the game Stig is directing at Respawn. Not the game Stig was directing at Santa Monica. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Could they be doing Titanfall 2 and another game by Stig? I mean, are they big enough?

Currently, no, but they're hiring a recruiter so that could be their longer term plan.

It's probably not too hard to go recruit a bunch of people given the amount of layoffs in the Los Angeles area.

Cornbread78

Could they be doing Titanfall 2 and another game by Stig? I mean, are they big enough?

Not big enought right now, but as Niro put it, they could be gettign a ton of money from EA to expand the studio to make another game. Bringing in Stig, and by nature several other ex- SSM employees, it opens the door to make another game.

3rd person Titanfall could work. Would be a good way to step out of COD's shadow. Especially now that COD is kind of becoming more and more like Titanfall.

Maybe 3rd person on foot and 1th person when you are in the titan?

A single player in TF2 is a given at this point.

Blader

Titanfall 2 will have an SP campaign? Is this wishful thinking or something that Respawn has actually said?

I don't see them morphing Titanfall into a third person game. It has to be a new project.

3rd person Titanfall could work. Would be a good way to step out of COD's shadow. Especially now that COD is kind of becoming more and more like Titanfall.

Maybe 3rd person on foot and 1th person when you are in the titan?

A single player in TF2 is a given at this point.

Definitely.

V_Ben

Banned
I'd love to see Respawn hire a bunch of the laid off SSM folks and build something weird in the Titanfall universe. Third person would be rad.

Top Bottom