• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawns Abbie Heppe: "We're not dropping the resolution" of Titanfall for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
i2gB3gIhOo6K0.gif

Something seems off here. This is the second time CBOAT has adamantly stated this with plenty proof to the contrary. Why?

And even if it was an account suicide, why not just ask for a ban?

I also find shinobi602s departure rather strange.

StuBurns

Banned
I wonder if MS spread misinformation to staff to see who would leak something so they could bust them.

Anyway, they should drop the resolution, the performance and tear frequency was weak, they clearly need additional fillrate.

Remember the days when cboat posted infrequently and his record was flawless?

What the hell happened? And why'd he go all in on this one?

I'm going with the account suicide idea. No way someone in the industry for likely 10+ years at a high level would purposely go all out on the texture claim if he didn't want to kill his own credibility for whatever reason

weeeeezy

Banned
Someone at MS is trying to find the leak. They give bad info to a select few people to try and narrow down who the leaker is. I'm just guessing here....

Freki

Call me crazy but this doesn't make sense.
In my opinion cboat is doing this on purpose in order to discredit himself. Maybe he was given the choice that it's either that or legal action against him... why would he double down on the alpha textures stuff after the beta clearly showed better textures...

Coolwhip

Banned
Why do so many people want to see the guy banned? He can't always be right, he is giving you some insider rumours. What's wrong with that.

Official dementi of CBOATs claim from Respawns community manager Abbie Heppe:

DualShockers

Lock ... if you want.

Ya.. he's done for on this one. Saw someone write that he's trying to throw people off with false rumors now or something like that... because they're close to him. Not sure how true that is. .but come on. The Betas textures were already better than the Alphas. Not sure why TF has so many people getting so riled up.

GavinGT

Banned
I don't even see the party chat thing coming to fruition, seeing as how they've already invited people to test out the March update.

213372bu

Banned
According to CBoAT the reason they were dropping textures/res was because of an issue they were working on. If Respawn is going to commit with what he says the final product we may receive won't have the FPS that many are going to love.

I honestly hope the Xbox One launch of the game goes well, but with the beta being so close to launch it seems that there were way too many FPS/crashing issues with just the few rounds I could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom