• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-Bit releasing offficially licensed "BIG6" 6-button controller for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and modern systems

Agent X

Retro-Bit has already produced officially licensed reproductions of the Sega Genesis 6-Button Arcade Pad and the Sega Saturn controller for the original systems, as well as USB and wireless variations for modern platforms. Now, they have announced a new controller called BIG6, which blends design aspects of the original 3-button Genesis controller along with the button layout of the 6-Button Arcade Pad.

There are three versions of the BIG6 controller being developed:
  • A version with a cable that plugs into the original Sega Genesis and Mega Drive systems will be available in October for $16.99.
  • A version with a wired USB cable for use with modern platforms (PC, Mac, Switch, Sega Genesis Mini) will also be available in October for $19.99.
  • A wireless version will be released in November for $34.99. The package will include two receivers: one that connects to Genesis/Mega Drive, and another that connects to modern platforms using USB.

The BIG6 for Genesis and Mega Drive has the general form factor of the original 3-button controller, but with the additional buttons X, Y, Z, and Mode) from the 6-Button Arcade Pad. The Start button was moved above the 6-button layout and made more flush so that only intended inputs would register, to avoid accidental pausing. The USB and wireless versions will also have a similar left-side shoulder button, as well as Home and Select buttons beneath the controller to keep the clean and sleek design.

More information can be found at the official site:

https://retro-bit.com/big6

baphomet

That thing is actually pretty sick.

Finally something more in line with the official wireless 6 buttons, and not those shitty mini controllers everything is based on these days.

Prekk

Neo Member
Hopefully this one is better.

I bought the other sega gamepads from retro-bit before.
Apart from the face buttons those were really subpar. I compared them to my old original controllers.
The d-pads and shoulder buttons, especially the shoulder buttons on the saturn gamepad, are awful on those replicas. Not at all like the originals.

InfiniteCombo

Gold Member
8bitdo makes much better controllers than retro-bit in general.
And... We're done here. Thread can be closed

Seriously, after buying controllers from both 8bitdo and retro-bit, I won't touch another controller from retro-bit for the foreseeable future. They need to seriously up their game before I buy another controller from them. I still wish them success though, we need more people out there making retro controllers.

Top Bottom