• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage confirmed for October 9th (US PSN)

Watching some videos, this game has a "GTA meets Super Crate Box" feel to it.
If it turns out good, it will be see tons of playtime on my vita. Blind buy anyway.

The influences for this game are many. If you grew up playing games since the NES there will tons of nods to other games.

Also I remember seeing several months ago a review for this game in the @Gamer magazine. It got a 4.5/5. Which only adds further credence that the game has been finished for a long time and Microsoft was holding it up.

turk128

Fucking SCEE!

iQtLNJUtsMiMF.gif
Wow he took down a cardboard door. What a tough guy.
It's an indoor door... the majority of them are built for looks but even then he tore through it like it was paper mache.

Lucifon

Hope the PC version is out soon.

EDIT - "In the US the PS3, Vita and PC versions launch on 9th October, creator Brian Provinciano told Joystiq." Awesome news :) I'm sure on PC that will be worldwide, makes no sense to be US only, nor will they be able to stop us Europeans getting our hands on it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hope the PC version is out soon.

EDIT - "In the US the PS3, Vita and PC versions launch on 9th October, creator Brian Provinciano told Joystiq." Awesome news :) I'm sure on PC that will be worldwide, makes no sense to be US only, nor will they be able to stop us Europeans getting our hands on it.
I'm also sure because I read the OP. ;)

Izick

Hope they say when the 360 version comes out, as that's the only console I have some point stockpiled on at the moment.

game was completed on ps3 but delayed several months due to XBLA slots bullshit and SCEE still cant get it the same week as SCEA.....

God damn.

Sony Europe really need to fire there store manager. Its just getting silly now.

Xater

game was completed on ps3 but delayed several months due to XBLA slots bullshit and SCEE still cant get it the same week as SCEA.....

God damn.

Sony Europe really need to fire there store manager. Its just getting silly now.

Yep, how this can not be released in the same week in EU is beyond me.

I will definately be buying this game. It's about freaking time we got a release date. I've been waiting for ages. I can now relive my NES days.

Wow it's like Microsoft has lost their sense of finding good titles for xbla. After the sub-par 2012 summer of arcade and dropping the ball with RCR it looks like they don't know what they are doing anymore. Then again these are the people who pushed Super Meat Boy aside thinking it wouldn't do well.

Wow it's like Microsoft has lost their sense of finding good titles for xbla. After the sub-par 2012 summer of arcade and dropping the ball with RCR it looks like they don't know what they are doing anymore. Then again these are the people who pushed Super Meat Boy aside thinking it wouldn't do well.

Not sure why this isn't coming out the same time on XBLA ( I thought Microsoft didn't allow third party games to come out later on XBLA compared to other services unless the developer added something exclusive to the XBLA version?), but there have been some good games that came out the past few weeks.

Eusis

Not sure why this isn't coming out the same time on XBLA ( I thought Microsoft didn't allow third party games to come out later on XBLA compared to other services unless the developer added something exclusive to the XBLA version?), but there have been some good games that came out the past few weeks.
Maybe they're going to just make some content to justify it easily? Or Microsoft gave them the ok and have a set day for, say, a week or two later (in time for the EU PSN?), I think they're tolerant of MILD delays, but that's probably more that Microsoft has it all sorted out and the time disadvantage is trivial.

wasn't it sony who did think super meat boy wouldn't do well? wasn't there a push from microsoft to advertise super meat boy? they even allowed them to release at a lower sale price didn't they? or maybe I'm thinking of a different title.

anyway, this has nothing to do with why this isn't coming to xbox live arcade and eu psn on the same day, day after the us psn and worldwide pc release.

Eusis

I forget the problems with Sony, but Microsoft sounds like they're kind of schizophrenic with the XBLA. They'll be all for something, then decide they want to go in a different direction and abandon support for the game, or whatever. At the very least it sounds like they're the most unstable option for indie DD games.
Where did you pre-order? Is PSN doing them for Retro City?
Probably directly through their site, actually. Steam/DRM-free only though, I'd love it if I could get a PSN code through them.

Rad-

Umm that was Sony. MS made SMB their main title of the fall XBLA promotion.

I remember hearing something about some 'Splosion Man content in the game, no idea if that's still happening or not. In any case I'm going PS3/Vita with this.

Yup, Game Feast. And SMB got like zero promotion during GF.

It got promotion... It didn't get promotion as early in the launch day as it should have (and was not visible on the new release list for hours after launch), and that sucks, but it had ads up there all week.

Eusis

Super Meat Boy actually seemed to be something of a turning point in viability of small indie games on XBL versus PC, though I do wonder if the "higher sales" on PC are purely because of amazing Steam sales. A lot easier for everyone to rationalize it at $3... or to just double dip because it went for $3.

Top Bottom