• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage DX for Vita is already a collector item

The physical version of this game I understand is pretty limited. I have no idea how many they actually pressed but they are already going from $60.00 - $85.00 on Amazon.

Is there any other physical version of this game? If not, I guess that would sort of explain it, but it's pretty much available extremely cheap on almost every digital store out there.

Are there any other recent physical editions with a similar limited run?

Jamix012

Breach and Clear for PS Vita
Saturday Morning RPG for Vita and PS4

ht0l#niq: the firefly diary
atelier escha & logy plus
ar nosurge plus
watch_dogs and assassin's creed iv for wii u

Fuckin. Ar Nosurge Plus. The bane of my vita collection. I have every other limited physical run game for that system.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've got the PS4 version stashed somewhere. I'd planned on playing it, but it just looks like a crappy game that happens to have a limited print. So... I dunno what to do with it.

You know what's really going to be a collector's item: The PSP version. That's right. Brian Provinciano found out where there is a factory that still presses UMDs and is planning on releasing a physical version of Retro City Rampage on PSP. He told that to the guys from PlayStation Nation at PSX or E3 (can't remember which).

Edit- I forgot that there's also a DOS version on floppy disk! http://retrocityrampage.com/msdos_retail.php

Shizuka

For the Vita (which is the only one I'm keeping track of):

Limited prints:

- Retro City Rampage DX (Vblank);

- The Firefly Diary (NISA Online Store, Asia);
- Ar nosurge Plus (NISA Online Store);
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (NISA Online Store);

- Breach & Clear (Limited Run Games)
- Saturday Morning RPG (Limited Run Games).

There are several asian, european and japanese releases that could be considered limited prints, but the true ones are the ones I listed. Glad to say I have all of them.

Spinoff90

Limited prints:

- Retro City Rampage DX (Fangamer);

There are several asian, european and japanese releases that could be considered limited prints, but the true ones are the ones I listed. Glad to say I have all of them.

Yeah unofficially something tells me something like the two Tadeo Jones games probably don't have a ton of copies in existence. Just can't imagine Spain being a big enough gaming market for them to print a lot of those.

Fasty

Limited prints:

- Retro City Rampage DX (Fangamer);

Slight correction, according to the dev:

RCR:DX retail was published by Vblank. Fangamer just shipped orders.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/693553703744249856

ht0l#niq: the firefly diary
atelier escha & logy plus
ar nosurge plus
watch_dogs and assassin's creed iv for wii u

The others are definitely harder to find now, but Firefly Diary isn't as rare as ebay makes it out to be. While the LE for it may be rare, the game has an Asia release that is identical to the English one, which sells for half as much (shipping included) on several import sites.

Ar Nosurge I was about to give up on until I found someone selling it for base value around Christmas, amazed it had been up for several hours before I caught it.

Top Bottom