• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro EMULATORS for Xbox Series X|S / One - Download Links, NO MODDING, NO DEV-MODE

Banned
Been playing SSX Tricky/3 and Outrunners on mame. I'm thoroughly impressed with the PS2 emulation, outside of Yakuza 7 I don't play any new games on my series x anymore.Also shoutout to 01011001 01011001 . This thread has been crazy helpful.

Yeap, 01011001 01011001 you are the man!
Emoji Kissing GIF

Banned
so the original upload of XBSX2 has finally been taken down by Microsoft, meaning that specific install will not get any new patches.

Gamr13 will handle uploads of it from now on

if you want the newest versions of XBSX2 you will need to redownload it.
this will most likely happen more often from now on.

updates for XBSX2 aren't that critical tho, as most of the changes done from here on out for the foreseeable future will be UI improvements and small bug fixes as the Emulator itself is already based on the latest PCSX2 release.

patch notes for the newest version:

XBSX2 Updates:

Reverted the Game List back to sorting how it did originally as it was sorting based off of file names.

Added Logging back to the Directories tab and a disclaimer on the Logging option.

Renamed the PCSX2.ini to XBSX2.ini, existing users should rename their .ini file to reflect this change.

Removed Accurate DATE from Enhancements due to it no longer being needed/used.

Changed the cheats_ws/cheats_ni folders to be named widescreenpatches/deinterlacingpatches respectively.

Replaces all mention of No-Interlacing to be Deinterlacing instead.

if you download this new version from Gamr13's App Store you might need to change the file name marked red in the quote above.

Last edited:

Soltype

so the original upload of XBSX2 has finally been taken down by Microsoft, meaning that specific install will not get any new patches.

Gamr13 will handle uploads of it from now on

if you want the newest versions of XBSX2 you will need to redownload it.
this will most likely happen more often from now on.

updates for XBSX2 aren't that critical tho, as most of the changes done from here on out for the foreseeable future will be UI improvements and small bug fixes as the Emulator itself is already based on the latest PCSX2 release.

patch notes for the newest version:

if you download this new version from Gamr13's App Store you might need to change the file name marked red in the quote above.

So if we're using USB ,just rename the ini to XBSX2?

Last edited:

Banned
So if we're using USB ,just rename the ini to XBSX2?

yeah, but I downloaded the newest build and it works without me doing anything 🤷 so I dunno... I just changed all the folders again to my USB drive and tested it.

maybe Gamr13 didn't upload the absolute latest build yet

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Can someone help me after i enter the xbsx2 link in edge on my series x it opens the store its a blank page only with the store background what im doing wrong ?

Banned
Can someone help me after i enter the xbsx2 link in edge on my series x it opens the store its a blank page only with the store background what im doing wrong ?

which link specifically are you talking about?

the new way to download XBSX2 is through Gamr13's App Store. I removed any other link from the OP.
if you tried to download it through the App Store and get a blank page it means that it gets currently reuploaded.

DonJimbo

which link specifically are you talking about?

the new way to download XBSX2 is through Gamr13's App Store. I removed any other link from the OP.
if you tried to download it through the App Store and get a blank page it means that it gets currently reuploaded.
I meant this link: https://tinyurl.com/sadz66br
One question do i have to open the Gamr13 Appstore directly on my series x because its not dounloading throught chrome

Banned
Thanks man it worked

I recommend settings up a USB drive btw. that will make changing versions easier in the future and its more straight forward to just copy over stuff

here's how to do that to work (a Windows PC is needed)

the important part is this

Last edited:

DonJimbo

I recommend settings up a USB drive btw. that will make changing versions easier in the future and its more straight forward to just copy over stuff

here's how to do that to work (a Windows PC is needed)

the important part is this

Thanks m8 will give it a try 😊

DonJimbo

XBSX2 is installed now but i cant navigate in the menu is my console gone or should i try to delete it conmpletely and installed it again

Banned
aYRWfWD.jpg

The Programm is now on my series x but i cant choose the settings menu

try pressing down or left on the Dpad
the cursor sometimes gets stuck on some menu icons. the UI is the one thing that still needs some work with this port

Last edited:

Banned
dpad didnt work :(
Hope my console is not destroyed

did you try rebooting? your console can't really be affected by an app.
a game app runs in a completely different OS in a Virtual Machine that's semi-independent from the main system OS of the console

Last edited:

DonJimbo

did you try rebooting? your console can't really be affected by an app.
a game app runs in a completely different OS in a Virtual Machine that's semi-independent from the main system OS of the console
I tried rebooting and fresh install didnt work after fresh install i get stuttering and black screen and cant return to the xbox UI:(
Thanks anyway that you said that my xss is fine

Banned
I tried rebooting and fresh install didnt work after fresh install i get stuttering and black screen and cant return to the xbox UI:(
Thanks anyway that you said that my xss is fine

could be a faulty version of the Emulator. I have the newest on my SX tho and I had no issue.

at least I think I have the newest version 🤔
have you tried deleting your "save file" of the Emulator. could be a bug with that.

to delete save files on Series X|S
Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.

go to the "Saved data" box, and delete the save file.

also make sure to install the Emulator onto the internal storage as external storage for these apps can lead to bugs

Last edited:

DonJimbo

could be a faulty version of the Emulator. I have the newest on my SX tho and I had no issue.

at least I think I have the newest version 🤔
have you tried deleting your "save file" of the Emulator. could be a bug with that.

to delete save files on Series X|S
Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.

go to the "Saved data" box, and delete the save file.

also make sure to install the Emulator onto the internal storage as external storage for these apps can lead to bugs
I suppose its a faulty one
I checked there is no save data after deleting and installing again the problem still persist maybe i have to wait for a better and more stable release :(

Banned
I checked there is no save data after deleting and installing again the problem still persist maybe i have to wait for a better and more stable release :(

maybe. but it's kinda weird, I haven't seen anyone on the subreddit having that much of an issue with the latest version I think

Banned

I just checked and I indeed have the most recent one installed and personally don't have any issues

🤔

edit: ok, so I just tried closing the Emulator and restarting it a few times to see if I get any issues. and indeed I had some issues like having the PS logo just flicker on screen, having a black screen and it not really loading at all.

after closing the Emulator and restarting it a few times it worked again tho.
so it seems the current version is a bit unstable.

Last edited:

I Master l

Banned
Installed xbsx2-retroarch-ftb retail mode 3 days ago on my XSX, i am impressed with xbsx2 performance it run
every game 4k/60 no problem, will try to configure retroarch later it seems a bit complicated

Soltype

Installed xbsx2-retroarch-ftb retail mode 3 days ago on my XSX, i am impressed with xbsx2 performance it run
every game 4k/60 no problem, will try to configure retroarch later it seems a bit complicated
Anybody on the discord tried the retail links, they're not working for me.

Klosshufvud

What happened to PCSX2 via RetroArch? I have this odd issue where every new game I try to boot just doesn't launch. Something about missing file. Did they gut PS2 emulation via RetroArch? Even if compatibility was lacking, I enjoyed having just one software to launch retro games.

I'm gonna go see if I can find a link for the standalone app.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I have the Retroarch latest version installed on my xbox and its no longer seeing the external drive and the drive letter it should be is not even in the list of drive letters, has anybody got any ideas on this?

DonJimbo

Could you give me an actual setup instruction for xbsx2 on how to setup the bios and game folder or is it like retroarch ?

Klosshufvud

I have the Retroarch latest version installed on my xbox and its no longer seeing the external drive and the drive letter it should be is not even in the list of drive letters, has anybody got any ideas on this?
I have this issue sometimes too. Just remove the USB and insert it again. You may try another slot if it doesn't read.

Could you give me an actual setup instruction for xbsx2 on how to setup the bios and game folder or is it like retroarch ?
Seems like it's only possible via gam13's app now. And if I'm reading Discord right, there is no upload currently up.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I have this issue sometimes too. Just remove the USB and insert it again. You may try another slot if it doesn't read.

Seems like it's only possible via gam13's app now. And if I'm reading Discord right, there is no upload currently up.

tried it in 3 usb's on the box

DonJimbo

That means i have to delete the old version i installed on my series x ?
And wait for a new version ?

TheContact

Not that modding a series S in dev mode was difficult, but i couldn’t believe how easy it was with the newer way of doing it right through the main UI. It’s a lot more convenient too. This thing is an emulation beast I love it.

Fatnick

Has anyone had Dolphin simply stop loading games via Retroarch? (I double checked and I had the relevant data in the system folder)

I checked the logs and it simply says it couldn't launch the games.

Klosshufvud

New links are up on Discord! Get 'em while it's hot.

No probs man :) I only need an instruction for how to add bios and the iso files because i only found videos with older versions
I just put both BIOS and ISO files on an USB file formatted with NTFS. Works fine with XBCS emulator. Just go to the settings and change the directory for BIOS.

Nice to see the PS2 games that didn't boot with RetroArch are working fine with XBSX2!

Last edited:

DonJimbo

New links are up on Discord! Get 'em while it's hot.

I just put both BIOS and ISO files on an USB file formatted with NTFS. Works fine with XBCS emulator. Just go to the settings and change the directory for BIOS.

Nice to see the PS2 games that didn't boot with RetroArch are working fine with XBSX2!
Thanks mate will try it out :)

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Does anyone know where to find Duckstation links to install on Series S|X? It's not being shared by gamr13 anymore and I'd much prefer the standalone emulator vs playing through Retroarch.

Top Bottom