• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return to Sinnoh region in Pokemon Brillant Diamond and Shining Pearl!

Michele

you.

Remakes were announced, finally. I do not mind the artstyle but I can see why some peoples find it hideous. Though let's remember this game is a little more aimed at children than in general. I think a style like this would attract more young peoples.

Roufianos

😂😂😂

Pathetic really. I'm glad Game Freak are doing something more ambitious but did they really have to outsource this with the budget of a mobile game.

DavJay

Should be Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl but I’m not mad. Looks like a Links Awakening type remake which is fine.

LordCBH

shut up and take my money GIF

Saber

Gold Member
I'm happy for the remakes because if they use PL as base theres lot of content there.

Its just sad the visuals took a hard hit. Feels like a mobile game, even at battles. But hey, there already clowns saying "just play the old game if you don't like".

Codes 208

Personally I would’ve preferred they’d keep the artstyle from AS/OR but this isn’t altogether unpleasant.
Looks worse than the originals.

It's fucking pokemon. Can we get some innovation, budget and talent put behind a true evolution of the series please.
We are. These are just remakes made by a smaller outsourced team. the real deal is Pokémon legends arceus.

Javthusiast

Banned
Personally I would’ve preferred they’d keep the artstyle from AS/OR but this isn’t altogether unpleasant.

We are. These are just remakes made by a smaller outsourced team. the real deal is Pokémon legends arceus.

Sorry to break it to you but it's gamefreak, game looks barren and rough and I doubt it will be much better than their usual formulaic pokemon offerings.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Artstyle is fine.

Platinum was very nice, so I guess these will be legit.
It’s just that, through the years, I’ve come to somewhat realize that nobody is supposed to play all the Pokémon games. You’re probably supposed to be introduced to the IP with whatever version is new when you come of gaming age and be hooked for a couple gens. I only played Platinum and Emerald after Sun rekindled some of the Pokémon passion in me, otherwise I was out of the loop before I could finish the original Ruby.

Nintendo realized that kids outgrow Pokémon faster and have many more distractions these days, so they churn out a new game and a remake in the span of what was previously a single Pokémon gen.

May get this when it gets a 33% digital discount and I have some eShop credit.

Velcro Fly

That art style looks worse than Bravely Default 2

And looks worse than even X/Y on the 3DS that will have come out 8 years ago.

HGSS/ORAS had a lot of love and care put into them. Even FRLG were huge upgrades over the original games.

Yeesh.

What a joke. The environments do look charming, for a 3DS game that is. As a Switch game though? They got some nerve. There is a thing such as being too faithful to the original material. What would have made DP remakes interesting is exploring Sinnoh with a fresh third-person perspective. Do I want to go through the exact same tiles? Hell no.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
As is always the cycle, nerds on gaming forums will laugh at it and call it shit, then it will sell 16,000,000 copies and Game Freak (or whoever now apparently) will make no more effort in the next one.

As it ever was.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like crap. The 2 visual styles clash with each other and since I know this probably be sold for $50 or more it's an easy pass. No one should buy a $30 game for $50 when it looks objectively worse.

Dunno what they were thinking.

This is like the Final Fantasy 5 and 6 remakes being put into RPG Maker and looking like hot garbage compared to the GBA remakes back in the day.

Zannegan

I dunno. I'm not buying either one, but I didn't think they looked that bad. What am I missing?

For those who are genuine fans and genuinely upset, would you have preferred a Let's Go take, or is it just the generic look that's got you down?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dunno. I'm not buying either one, but I didn't think they looked that bad. What am I missing?

For those who are genuine fans and genuinely upset, would you have preferred a Let's Go take, or is it just the generic look that's got you down?
Two different visual styles don't mesh well together. The Let's Go style was more then acceptable. Doesn't help in Overworld view you look like a Powerpuff girl or a Potatohead.

Ryu Kaiba

it has a bit of that "Let's Go Pikachu" artstyle baked in which i don't really like, but I'm glad they announced Legends Arceus.

Termite

The furore over the catching mechanics in Let's Go P/E really obscured the fact that those games were utterly gorgeous, and to my eyes the prettiest pokemon games ever.

Shame they didn't reuse that style. I would have much preferred Let's Go Sinnoh to this.

Still, the fact that we're getting an open-world game justifies out-sourcing the weakest mainline games imo. Just hope they have elements on Platinum in them because D/P were weak.

Hugare

I was expecting nothing, and still got disapointed

One of the world's biggest IPs, with games that rivals Kikcstarter projects in budget

I will never understand what happens with Pokemon and Game Freak

Top Bottom