• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal - The Tide (Launch Trailer) | PS5

Bo_Hazem

Banned

up to something plotting GIF

Thanks to kyliethicc kyliethicc

Returnal's game director has some tips for playing:

Great, long read with lots of info about the gameplay.

Returnal's game director has some tips for playing:

- Movement is critical. Make sure you use the full moveset and all the tools at your disposal

- use hip fire for good environment awareness and the Focus Aim for better accuracy and for highlighting enemy weak spots

- don’t forget melee attacks to help stagger larger enemies or dispatch smaller ones more easily

- keep up a healthy rhythm of using your Alt-Fire, and remember to use those Consumables

- keep dashing, as this not only allows you to quickly avoid attacks, but also move through enemy projectiles without taking damage. Well, most of them, at least.

- keep your Adrenaline up! This is easier said than done as receiving any damage will reset your meter. But building up your Adrenaline up will provide you with multiple advantages in combat, such as additional homing missiles fired from your helper droid; a more dangerous melee attack; or even our Enhanced Vision which allows you to see enemies’ energy signatures through walls.

Last edited:

Markio128

I predict 92-94 metacritic and 2 millions copies sold in its first 24h
Extremely optimistic! However, I would be happy for the devs if this came true. I think reviews for a new IP are generally on the reserved side nowadays, so if it got anywhere close to high 80’s, I’d call that a good result.

Kuranghi

Just watched this earlier, pretty cool trailer. The parts with the lasers seem like platforming sections which I'm very into as well, I wonder if there will be parts where you fight enemies while grappling above death pits for squeaky bum time goodness.

ksdixon

Just watched this earlier, pretty cool trailer. The parts with the lasers seem like platforming sections which I'm very into as well, I wonder if there will be parts where you fight enemies while grappling above death pits for squeaky bum time goodness.
... Squeaky bum time goodness?

This game is gonna look sick on my new TV ;)

Entroyp

It’s my wedding anniversary on Friday. How can I call in sick and don’t leave my game room all day?

(Just kidding.. I love my wife and she gets priority over games) I won’t, however, leave my game room all weekend.

Top Bottom