• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reuters] CD Projekt Red publishes Q1 results - expected net profit down by 64.7%

Saber

Gold Member
That Crash graphic is something else. Imagine Bethesda doing that with their games(namely Skyrim).

Quite sad really, after all this time the game isn't really fixed. Which is a shame, the game had potential to be something greater.

I'm surprised it took this long before the state of Cyberpunk was in some way Microsofts fault. Never change Gaf lol.
As for your other point, even EA hasnt done anything as scummy as CDPR did with Cyberpunk. Lying numeous times about the state of the last gen version. Showing zero footage, not even letting people talk about the last gen version. Only allowing reviewers to review the PC version. ETC.

You reap what you sow.
PS4 version looks a generation ahead the xbox one and actually smells 30fps. Yet its the Xbox one version is still up on the store.
For once, I am with Jim Ryan on this. Cyberpunk is horrendous on base consoles. It's not even that it is buggy or runs at 20 fps. It just looks like shit. GTAV looks better. On Xbox One especially, It looks pixelated and far worse than anything ive seen this gen.

o0epylT.gif

hTcyWfD.gif

No game should look like that on the left. it is simply unacceptable and I cant believe MS still has it up on their store.

Spaceman292

Banned
I think that's the problem though, that people played the game and formed their own opinion, as much as CDPR tried to avoid it for as long as possible.
No, I mean the people who played it generally think it's good and the people who are viciously angry haven't touched it.

Last edited:

Flabagast

Having played it myself on both ps5 and pc I agree with those that dislike it, but each to their own.
It's at least much more balanced. Among those who played the game for a significant time, overall impressions tend to lean more on the positive side.

And it's normal, best video game characters ever, even more so than in Witcher 3 :messenger_heart:

vpance

i'm kinda sad that my favourite genre of fiction cyberpunk will now be forever confused with this garbage
they also pretty much made sure cyberpunk is going to stay a niche genre forever

I wonder how tied up the IP is with CDPR.

I'm thinking a lot of devs chose to stay away from doing anything cyberpunk to avoid this game. Now the field is open again.

OrtizTwelve

+

Q1 Results presentation

https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2021/05/q1-2021-results-presentation.pdf

Containing patch crash rate graph...

lDDgkqR.jpg

Roadmap:

GNbkezI.jpg

Profit and Loss Account details:

cnrbFND.jpg

Good. Fuck them. They purposely released a half-assed game to basically take the money and run, then promise "fix things" later.

Fuck developers and companies that pull this nonsense. When companies do stupid shit, they deserve the consequences.

GHG

the trailers show how bad this game looks. Cyberpunk didnt show any console footage before launch.

Exactly.

You'd think that since enough time has passed people would stop with the disingenuous takes but instead they get worse. The games shown there are exactly as advertised. If you watch those trailers and think "yeh I'll buy that" for whatever reason then you're getting no surprises.

Yoda

If they fix the game + "re-release" it on PS5/XSX they can make up some ground for sure. I'm not sure their reputation can be salvaged though... but Hello Games is generally viewed positively now and No Man's Sky was as much of a cluster fuck as this game was at launch. Overall CP2077 is a great game if the bugs didn't get in the way. Didn't redefine the RPG genre, but the story is the best game story for games which came out in 2020.

hyperbertha

The game is fine on pc. Unfinished, but runs and looks fine. Its trash on base consoles and will probably remain that way because they just aren't anywhere near powerful enough to handle anything like this.
Its a complex situation and I'm sure CDprojekt red did everything in their power to get it running remotely fine.

The flak they received was a bit more than deserved because again, the game is fine on the platform it was designed to be played on.

Their reputation definitely hasn't been tarnished for me and I will continue to look forward to anything they do.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
And yet Sony has no issues with games like those:
Were you deceived before buying those games? Was the game worse than what was shown in those trailers? Was there an active effort on the side of the publisher to hide the state of the game on consoles and only allow PC code reviews before launch? More importantly was there a huge backlash from gamers about those games who felt cheated?

Thats the difference.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's at least much more balanced. Among those who played the game for a significant time, overall impressions tend to lean more on the positive side.

And it's normal, best video game characters ever, even more so than in Witcher 3 :messenger_heart:

Balanced? It's least balanced off those games... Main story near little sense but it was ok. I liked the game but maybe 7/10. Better than days gone... Or equal

Spaceman292

Banned
I liked it enough to play through the campaign and not be a dick asking for a refund afterwards, but I deliberately went for the cop out early ending and left best sidequests unresolved to get back to the game when it feels like a finished product. I did enjoy a lot of it but as a whole just a huge disappointment.
You enjoyed it but you didn't enjoy it.

Rikkori

I'm starting to think this game's "recovery" isn't gonna happen fellas. :messenger_sad_relieved:

• The next update for Cyberpunk 2077 will be released "in the next couple of weeks." It's almost done. It won't be one of the biggest.
  • The first series of updates was mainly focused on low-level technical areas. In future updates, the roadmap will change more and more towards changes that will improve the perceived quality of the game.

Granted, I don't have big problems with it in the first place, but it's been shocking how little progress they've made since release. It smells like nothing short of a sequel will really add to the world from a world-gameplay perspective. I'm guessing all the "expac dlc" will mostly be scripted quests with story and less work on the underlying systems.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I'm starting to think this game's "recovery" isn't gonna happen fellas. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Granted, I don't have big problems with it in the first place, but it's been shocking how little progress they've made since release. It smells like nothing short of a sequel will really add to the world from a world-gameplay perspective. I'm guessing all the "expac dlc" will mostly be scripted quests with story and less work on the underlying systems.
Christ are they even fucking interested in fixing this game? Seems like they are dragging their feet. Fucking six months later and you still cant buy it on psn and they dont even know when the fuck they will have the current gen versions ready. What a fucking joke of a company

I don't care about the woke shitstorm around this. I love the cyberpunk (table top) universe and wish they will pull a No Man Skys out of it, so I can justify buying the next en version.

And that they also work on the Witcher 4.

Last edited:
No, I mean the people who played it generally think it's good and the people who are viciously angry haven't touched it.
Bull shit. I've played it and I think it's a deeply flawed game coupled with a scummy developer. I got my full refund after putting in over 50 hours (helps that Sony took 3 weeks to process it) and won't ever go back to it even if they put it back on the PSN store as a freebie + DLC. So essentially I got to play this game for free. No Ragrets.

I have an Xbox Series S now and the game is still available on Xbox and haven't ever thought of purchasing it and never will.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Really want to play through as I played on both PS5 and Series X, Series X looks a bit more sharper but might wait for the next gen version and start on PS5

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not to get on the bandwagon or anything but...I wonder how much of this can be attributed to woke practices?

I remember being somewhat concerned at the talent brought on for the production of this game. It may have nothing to do with it at all...but when you look at the difference in quality between TW3 and this, you can't help but to look at what changed between the 2 games.

I just hope people were brought on for their talents and not to fulfill a quota or to give the perception of diversity. I don't like when companies flaunt that, even as a black person.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not to get on the bandwagon or anything but...I wonder how much of this can be attributed to woke practices?

I remember being somewhat concerned at the talent brought on for the production of this game. It may have nothing to do with it at all...but when you look at the difference in quality between TW3 and this, you can't help but to look at what changed between the 2 games.

I just hope people were brought on for their talents and not to fulfill a quota or to give the perception of diversity. I don't like when companies flaunt that, even as a black person.
Almost none. The CEO of cyberpunk took over development and ruined everything. He's the one who decided to ship the game early despite being the CEO and the director of the game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Almost none. The CEO of cyberpunk took over development and ruined everything. He's the one who decided to ship the game early despite being the CEO and the director of the game.
The CEO of...Cyberpunk? There's a CEO of an IP? Did you mean CEO of CDPR?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ok gotcha. So with him rushing things out I wonder how much this affects their ability to fully realize their goal, since the game is out already. Like is this something they can put back in the oven, or is it too far gone at this point?

Top Bottom