• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, will visit Russia in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip an April 5-6 meeting of NATO foreign ministers for a U.S. visit by the Chinese president and will travel to Russia later in the month, U.S. officials said on Monday, a step allies may see as putting Moscow's concerns ahead of theirs.

Tillerson intends to miss what would be his first meeting in Brussels with the 28 NATO members to attend President Donald Trump's expected April 6-7 talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, four current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump has often praised Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Tillerson worked with Russia's government for years as a top executive at Exxon Mobil Corp, and has questioned the wisdom of sanctions against Russia that he said could harm U.S. businesses.

Trump has already antagonized and worried NATO allies by referring to the Western security alliance as "obsolete" and by pressing other members to meet their commitments to spend at least 2 percent of gross domestic product on defense.

Last week, he dismayed British officials by shrugging off a media report, forcefully denied by Britain, that the administration of former President Barack Obama tapped his phones during the 2016 White House race with the aid of Britain's GCHQ spy agency.

More here

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16S04I

Lock if old

Snaku

Banned
6y8ndEe.gif

UberTag

Can we stop being the bad guys now?
You won't stop being the bad guys until the bad guys are removed from power.

We're not even the baddies. We're the lapdogs now.
That's a fair argument. Baddies actively go out of their way to make their country stronger. Not weaker.
More like a bunch of rich cronies sold their souls to diminish the U.S. as a global power in exchange for profit.

zethren

Banned
Detain him at the airport when he returns to the US since he'll be coming back from A GODDAMN ENEMY STATE. Travel ban right?

Christ.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Then we'll hear that Tillerson quits and is never coming back to the US.

RPGCrazied

Gross. Perfect time to do that! /s Specially when your President is being investigated by the FBI over Russians and your campaign during the election.

UberTag

Detain him at the airport when he returns to the US since he'll be coming back from A GODDAMN ENEMY STATE. Travel ban right?

Christ.
Russia isn't on the list of evil countries filled with brown people.
Besides, America isn't so innocent. President Donny told me so.

Mobius 1

He (and many others in the Trump cesspool) are intelligent, cunning people. They did not get there by accident.

That frightens me because theiir actual intentions may be more sinister than what they're willing to do in the open.

FZZ

Banned
Hoping wikileaks to release a video of Trump getting pissed on with Putin watching and Tillerson jacking off in the corner or something

We need something of this level to get these fuckwits out of office

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

great points. i always love those rare opportunities when we can have some political diversity here on gaf -- the one place that welcomes ALL OTHER forms of diversity except that one /hm emoji

zethren

Banned

Oh yeah silly me, the travel ban is in place for bigoted and stupid fucking reasons. Not to actually keep us safe.

I remember trying to tell my Trump loving Dad how bad Tillerson was.

I brought up the fact that the guy has a frigging medal of friendship from Russia. "Oh whatever, you're over exaggerating, everyone has one of those!"

lol even with the chance he didn't actually do anything he assuredly must know how suspicious this looks?

He's too fatigued to care.

Velcro Fly

the only thing these motherfuckers care about is money. not country or anyone in it. just their own personal fortune.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He (and many others in the Trump cesspool) are intelligent, cunning people. They did not get there by accident.

That frightens me because theiir actual intentions may be more sinister than what they're willing to do in the open.

A lot of criminals are all that too until the Feds go after them..... never underestimate the Feds ability to put you behind bars.

Also I think their intentions have been simple and plain. Cause xenophobia to become the norm, empower a class of oligarchs, and hide it all behind false patriotism and antagonistic relations with foreign countries and any dissent in the media..... aka pull a Russia.

The issue is America isn't Russia and all the many fail safes in our society to keep us from becoming that are kicking in as they were designed to.

theWB27

So cunning everyone who doesn't have their head up their ass knows how deep in shit they are?

sigh....I would give them more respect if they at least just came out and said 'Ok yes, This administration wants to be allies with Russia. We believe Russia is better as our ally than our enemy' etc....

All this denying left and right when this administration clearly loves them some Russia makes it seem like they have something to hide. Just saying.

zethren

Banned
It's cool. Let them be fuckin stupid. Let them keep involving themselves with Russian while the FBI and NSA investigate them all. Give them fuel for their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom