• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reveal your subscriptions list... if you dare!

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I was curious. With the Uplay Plus subscription reveal, I wonder what kind of subscriptions GAFers have going and why. From sports to video games to steaming tv serves and internet services (like YouTube, twitch, humble monthly), there is a LOT to choose from.

The subs war will eventually implode and it will be fun to look back on this era and see what and why people subscribed to what they did.

Anyway, I’m currently subscribed to:

• YouTube Premium: Why? Because of ad-free videos, the biggest music/song database in the world, and Cobra Kai. Chances of cancelling: 10%
  • Netflix: Because it was my first sub. Also, lots of movies and a few NF original shows and movies. But, not as attractive as it used to be. Chances of cancelling 60%
  • PS+: For the free games of which about every other month they’ve released a game I’ve liked. And online gaming. Chances of cancelling: 100%. Only because the PS5 will be out soon and it’s inevitable that I will stop this service.
  • Game Pass (PC): Because of a bunch of awesome games. Chances of cancelling: 50% I have a massive backlog to play through. After that, we’ll see what they release.
  • Nintendo on-line: Intended to use it to play Smash Bros online but I’ve barley touched the game and the bonus NES games aren’t enough. Chances of cancelling: 100%
  • Amazon Prime: I live in a small town with only one Wal-Mart. prime has been my lord and savior of all things retail. Chances of cancelling: 0%
I’ve also subscribed to Hulu, Apple Music, and Amazon Music in the past.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
By the end of the post I’ll be sad but here I go:

- Netflix
- Amazon/Twitch Prime
- Xbox Live & Game Pass Ultimate
- PS Plus
- EA Access
- Spotify
- Nintendo Online

Oh my god...

None.

My brother has gamepass and XBLG and I leech off of him.

I don't even have a phone subscription. PAYG baby

EDIT: can you baller millionaires with loads of subs give everyone a grand total of much you are paying per month for all that shit?

Last edited:

Skyr

Spotify Premium
I use it pretty much every day

Netflix
Barely watched anything on there in the last 6 months or so. I keep it because I pay less than half the price for a 4K subscription as normal.

UFC Fight Pass
Great value for every MMA fan.
I use it to watch every UFC live event available. They also got the entire PRIDE FC library which is amazing ❤

PS+
Don’t use it besides checking out a few ps+ games that you get for free. I forgot to cancel and it auto renewed for a year :(

Amazon Prime Video
Gets very little use. I only have it because it’s included with prime.

Besides that I get EA access or Game Pass occasionally for a month if there is something that interests me.

What I really should get is YouTube premium as it’s the Service I use by far the most.
The thing is I’m not interested in the original content. But the ads are so goddamn annoying.. I swear they make them extra obnoxious to make you subscribe to premium.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
You know that almost any add blocker for firefox and most likely on chrome etc blocks ads on youtube?
I haven't seen ads on yt for years! And I don't intent to.

I’m not putting ad blockers on my phone sorry. Plus, premium allows you to play music while your phone is locked whereas regular does not. Ad blockers also don’t give you cobra kai.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Amazon Prime
Netflix
Hulu
WWE Network
NJPWorld

and I bum crunchyroll off a friend who uses my Hulu account in return.

I dont do gaming subscriptions anymore.

PS+
FFXIV
Eve Online
Nintendo Switch Online
Amazon Prime (for buying shit, I don't watch their shitty TV because I get that on my PLEX server lolol)

I've whittled mine down to Netflix and PS+, and I don't miss anything I've dropped. Actually less is more for me. I don't feel burdened with too many options / distractions.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Now that I think about it: does Windows 10 now count as a subscription? Its like the one sub that acts as a necessary evil for me.

G-Bus

Banned
Netflix, Amazon Prime and I got HBO Go through a streaming service I have with Telus. The Telus one also has some live tv channels and other things.

Pretty sure we're letting our Amazon Prime run out as we don't really order stuff online and the streaming service is kind of trash.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
PS+
Nintendo Online
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Spotify Premium
New York Times (tablet/web)
The Athletic
Marvel Unlimited
GAF Gold
WVU 247 Sports Site
Comcast cable (including HBO)

Kagey K

Banned
Gamepass Ultimate - 1.00 to March 2020
Spotify - 9.99/month
Marvel Unlimited 99.99/year
Amazon Prime 79.99/year
Nintendo Online - Free from Twitch
Netflix - Cable provider pays for it
Crave TV + HBO - Cable provider pays for it
Funimation - 69.99/year

Last edited:
as far as services go....

nflx
amzn prim
twitch ( free with amazon)
cable tv
internet
spotify
hulu ( from with spotify)
HBO
NFL Ticket
Nintendo Online ( free with amazon)
PS+

Last edited:
I subscribe to life, man.

Also, I subscribe to the following services:

EA Access (cheap, good selection of action games)
Humble Bundle Monthly (increasing my PC collection for the future when I have a PC better than my Xbox)
Game Pass Ultimate (OMG YES!!!)
Netflix (Coolio...)

I will never again subscribe to:
Spotify (political agendas)

I would consider subscribing to:
HBO Go
Disney (for The Simpsons, d'oh!)
That new Ubisoft service, but probably not (have you seen the price?!)

Javthusiast

Banned
YouTube Premium: Why? Because of ad-free videos, the biggest music/song database in the world, and Cobra Kai. Chances of cancelling: 10%

Is this true? I have thought about getting yt premium, cause I mostly watch yt on my phone or tablet and the ads there are annoying as hell. But I was hesitant, cause I really like the interface and app of spotify over the yt music app, and getting yt premium for 10 bucks just to remove ads and not using their music service on top of spotify premium seemed redundant.

As for my subs.

I currently have:

-Netflix. Use a couple months then take a break, when something good hits subscibe again.
-Amazon Prime. Yearly sub is pretty cheap compared to the yearly amount you would have to pay for netflix, and you get free premium shipping, prime video and a free twitch prime sub every month.
-Currently have a 3 month for the price of one Spotify premium subscription, which expires end of august.
-PS Plus yearly sub, cause I like to play games online, so sony has me by the balls.

And then I have some...spicy subscriptions if you catch my drift. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who pays for the quality stuff, instead of fumbling through tube sites, judge me all you want. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Is this true? I have thought about getting yt premium, cause I mostly watch yt on my phone or tablet and the ads there are annoying as hell. But I was hesitant, cause I really like the interface and app of spotify over the yt music app, and getting yt premium for 10 bucks just to remove ads and not using their music service on top of spotify premium seemed redundant.

As for my subs.

I currently have:

-Netflix. Use a couple months then take a break, when something good hits subscibe again.
-Amazon Prime. Yearly sub is pretty cheap compared to the yearly amount you would have to pay for netflix, and you get free premium shipping, prime video and a free twitch prime sub every month.
-Currently have a 3 month for the price of one Spotify premium subscription, which expires end of august.
-PS Plus yearly sub, cause I like to play games online, so sony has me by the balls.

And then I have some...spicy subscriptions if you catch my drift. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who pays for the quality stuff, instead of fumbling through tube sites, judge me all you want. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I’ve never searched for a song that I couldn’t find on YouTube. And the YouTube Music app is decent. It’s algorithm for building a “station” is just okay. Some of the songs it picks for me are a bit perplexing but that might be because I share the account with my family.

Fbh

Netflix: There's something fun to watch every now and then. Also my mom loves it, uses it frequently and she uses my account.
Ps+: Because of Online play. But I'm playing way less multiplayer games these days and the only one I find myself consistently playing with friends is Rocket League which now has full crossplay with PC. So when it runs out in November I'm probably not going to renew

Mihos

Gold Member
Netflix
PS plus
Amazon Prime

I am swapping Netflix for Disney+ when it comes

Subscriptions are stupid.

logicslayer

Amazon Prime - $119 a year
EA Access - $30 a year
Feedly Pro - $45 a year
Game Pass Ultimate - I don't know how much I have put into the current subscription, but it's way less than regular price. It will eventually be $15 a month.
Internet Service - $105.99 a month
NeoGaf Gold - $5 a month
Netflix - $17.28 a month
Nintendo Online - Free with Amazon Prime
TrueAchievments Pro - $25 a year
YouTube Premium - $14.99 a month

TacosNSalsa

XBL/PS Plus -if I didn't have friends on both these platforms I'd let them run out
Netflix - Not sure why I have it I barely watch it
Amazon prime- for delivery and other perks but always forget this has a movie/music/comic book component to it
Fios triple play- I take care of an elderly mother so she likes the cable and a landline is a must. Getting her a cell phone would be a massively bad idea .

crumbs

Current:

Amazon Prime/Twitch Prime - Use the free Twitch subscription on the Rifftrax channel.
Crunchyroll - Been subscribed for awhile.
Funimation - Only subscribed recently, probably keep it through summer season.
Xbox Live/Ultimate Game Pass - I mostly play on PC, but still have friends/family on Xbox. UGP through the $1 deal from last month.
Nintendo Online - Through the Twitch Prime offer, otherwise I would not subscribe.

Cancelled:

Netflix - cancelled last year when I looked at my watch history and realized I hadn't used it for 3 months.
Hulu - cancelled after the Criterion collection movies left the service.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Amazon prime - never having to leave the house is invaluable
Ufc fight pass - watch fights when I run on treadmill

The rest I leech from family but I wouldn't pay for if I lost access

Anki

Banned
Gamepass for xbox but its expiring next month and I wont renew it.
Why are you guys getting you tube premium? Is it because of the ads? I am using uBlock origin and I haven't seen a single ad in years.

Kadayi

Banned
Netflix
Amazon Prime (mainly for the deliveries tbh)
GAF Gold :messenger_sunglasses:

I will get Gamepass for Outerworlds, but we'll see if I keep it beyond that.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Personally: None

My wife has a mobile phone plan and Netflix and my mother-in-law gives us acces to her Amazon Prime streaming.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Gamepass for xbox but its expiring next month and I wont renew it.
Why are you guys getting you tube premium? Is it because of the ads? I am using uBlock origin and I haven't seen a single ad in years.

Its because of no ads regardless of what device you’re using and because of continual play on your phone even after it locks.

And Cobra Kai.

Top Bottom