• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Review Thread - Nex Machina: Death Machine (PS4/PC/Housemarque + Eugene Jarvis)

maxresdefault.jpg

Metacritic
Opencritic

------------------------------------

Destructoid - Review in Progress

P4 Network - 9/10

Dualshockers - 9.5/10

Karak's ACG Video Review - Buy

Nexus - 8/10

Push Square - 9/10

Cubed3 - 8/10

God is a Geek - 9/10

GameSpew - 9/10

Finger Guns - 9/10

n3rdabl3 - 9/10

Critical Hit - 8.5/10

Wccftech - 8/10

OnPSX - 7.5/10

The Sixth Axis - 9/10

Trusted Reviews - 9/10

epmode

Already purchased. The beta was pretty great so I'm very much looking forward to this!

In related news, Robotron 2084 is the best arcade game ever made.

Karak

Game is fantastic gents. Insane.
I am also blown away at the performance. 4k 60+fps is always a plus

Azuardo

I just talked with PR (EU) and they said it was 9AM EST or 5PM BST...

I told'em....You know, 9AM EST is 3PM CET actually...

I emailed our contact too, but no reply just yet. But yeah, that's 2pm BST, so... just waiting for definite before I post mine.

B.O.O.M

Watched the ACG review and the game looks amazing 0_0 ugh I suck at this genre but might have to consider buying this

MrS

Banned
Glad it's reviewing well but sad to see that the bosses haven't been balanced based on Beta feedback.

Karak

Watched the ACG review and the game looks amazing 0_0 ugh I suck at this genre but might have to consider buying this

When you have the difficulty like this I can't imagine most folks NOT being able to do very well on the low difficulty and those who are amazing at games like this really enjoying the higher up difficulties. Its playable like a son o bitch

Oh shit completely forgot this was coming out. Definite buy from me.

It releases tomorrow in case anyone was wondering. Wish it were today since I'm off work.

Edit: And it's $15.99 instead of $19.99 if you buy it now before release. So....bought.

I had no doubt that would be great. Even when Housemarque misses (Dead Nation, Alienation), they are still top notch games. When they hit, they are brilliant. My preload is waiting!

B.O.O.M

When you have the difficulty like this I can't imagine most folks NOT being able to do very well on the low difficulty and those who are amazing at games like this really enjoying the higher up difficulties. Its playable like a son o bitch

The bolded: A gamebox quote if I ever saw one haha. And great to hear about difficulty scaling. Makes it an easier buy. Great job on the review btw

Jonboy

Totally forgot this comes tomorrow! Have had it preordered for months. Love Housemarque.

Hopefully this is a return to form for them after the disappointing (at least for me) Alienation. Early reviews seem promising!

I have been playing my review code on PS4 for the last few days and it is absolutely fantastic. Performance is so good (on a normal PS4) and the soundtrack is amazing.

Top Bottom