• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for M Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ beginning to roll in.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Gander

Banned
I reserve judgement. I actually didn't hate The Last Air Bender as much as everyone else, so I might still see it.

Not sure how anyone feels about Grace Randolph, here is her review

Sounds like she’s saying first half of movie is great, second half sucks

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
I have no idea who I should trust.
I loved Signs, I loved Unbreakable, and I loved Split.
I'm going to see this.

images

No surprise there, 90% of his films are turds.

Last edited:

jadedm17

I think the problem is expecting the same feeling, like Valerian wasn't total trash - well the ending was - but itd never be Fifth Element.

If you can stay off the hype train you can enjoy things better.

I’m gonna see it regardless

Low expectations.

cr0w

Old Member
I've been shouting about Unbreakable from the fucking rooftops since I saw it opening day and it took people this long to fucking acknowledge that movie's greatness, I don't anticipate seeing eye to eye with anyone regardless as far as this goes. Looking forward to seeing it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Reviews also praised TLJ like it was the second coming of sci-fantasy.

I'm going to see it regardless as well.

olimariOA

Banned
I tend to think the opposite
How many think M. Night's portrayal of mental illness and gender fluidity is problematic?
Did he tick all the boxes? No? C-!!!!!

A good rule of thumb is to wait for the user score
TLJ and Bright did the opposite thing on RT if you remember

megamerican

The trailers looked stupid as fuck. Most of the movie takes place in a sanitarium trying to convince characters we know have super powers that they don't have superpowers. Who thought that was a good idea?

Also Split was alright, but super campy and I never thought it would work trying to cross that with the tone from the amazing Unbreakable.

I don't trust critics, they get paid.

I trust the average joe that does the paying. I will reserve final judgement for the IMDB audience score. I feel comfy once at least ~50,000 votes are in. Anything above 7 is worth seeing imo. If this sits at a 5-6 it's kind of a turd.

i still dont get why people go to reviews. they are 99 percent crap. and before people are like well i know where to put my hard earned money!! its fucking 10 bucks for a ticket youll be fine

Kadayi

Banned
I have a feeling that the audience response is going to be a better barometer versus the reviewers on this one.

Nymphae

Banned
I swear I am 180 from reviewers on pretty much everything these days. Anything they trash I seem to have good fun with, and anything they hold up as high art worthy of dozens of replays I find pretentious garbage.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
i still dont get why people go to reviews. they are 99 percent crap. and before people are like well i know where to put my hard earned money!! its fucking 10 bucks for a ticket youll be fine

Actually reviewers as a collective are really good.

The trailers looked stupid as fuck. Most of the movie takes place in a sanitarium trying to convince characters we know have super powers that they don't have superpowers. Who thought that was a good idea?

Also Split was alright, but super campy and I never thought it would work trying to cross that with the tone from the amazing Unbreakable.

How do you know that’s where most of the movie takes place?

cryptoadam

Banned
Reviews also praised TLJ like it was the second coming of sci-fantasy.

I'm going to see it regardless as well.

which should tell you that if this is getting bad reviews then it must be a stinker.

If early screenings meant for geeks and hyper fans doesn't get positive reviews your movie is toast.

If it does suck I’m almost more curious to see it because my thought is, “How could he fuck this up?”

Seems like he had a clear path to victory here.

Either way I’m looking forward to seeing it

Ribi

Not surprised I don't like his films. I put him in the same category as Del Toro, Rodriguez, and Terentino all garbage with just movies that aren't good. Who gives these people money???

Last edited:
Not surprised I don't think like his films. I put him in the same category as Del Toro, Rodriguez, and Terentino all garbage with just movies that aren't good. Who gives these people money???

giphy.gif

Robert Rodriguez isn’t my favorite but I’ll watch anything Del Toro and Tarantino are associated with

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
which should tell you that if this is getting bad reviews then it must be a stinker.

If early screenings meant for geeks and hyper fans doesn't get positive reviews your movie is toast.

In contrast, there's plenty of Rotten Tomatoes for movies that I quite enjoyed.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised I don't like his films. I put him in the same category as Del Toro, Rodriguez, and Terentino all garbage with just movies that aren't good. Who gives these people money???
Who gives Tarantino money? Most people, because his movies are fucking outstanding, come on now.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Reviewers in film are usually less respectable compared to the general audience. Reviewers see tens of movies a year compared to the average person who may go to the theater a max of 15-20 times. They can be better at the technical jargon, but for general enjoyment I will always just the public over them.

Codes 208

Reviewers in film are usually less respectable compared to the general audience. Reviewers see tens of movies a year compared to the average person who may go to the theater a max of 15-20 times. They can be better at the technical jargon, but for general enjoyment I will always just the public over them.
I’ve been beginning to notice this. Critics absolutely shat on venom but me and all of my friends and family who went to see it enjoyed it.

NahaNago

Not sure how anyone feels about Grace Randolph, here is her review

Sounds like she’s saying first half of movie is great, second half sucks

I like her personality( seriously) , but I don't really agree/like her reviews so I tend to watch the box office movie math she does more than anything else. I tend to be pretty much meh on watching reviews but like watching the hype some of these folks have for a movie before it comes out.

Top Bottom