• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for The Fate of The Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I just want to point out how hilariously dramatic the banner image on Rotten Tomatoes is for this movie.

QkOTDeU.jpg

Isn't that the Billboard image from all over the world? We've got a few of those around Auckland.

Tookay

Things were going in a direction I was indifferent about in F6 (the spy/terrorism stuff), which they doubled down on in the seventh one and this one, to the series' detriment.

But they made a shit-ton of money, so it's no surprise that the creative team took a different message from it.

I personally love 5-7 a lot, but I can understand the whole "straining to justify its existence" line. I really think 7 was a perfect ending.

Should've ended in the last movie where it was a farewell goodbye to Paul Walker, but no, lets crank out more for the money.

I'm still going to go see it because I've seen them all, but they're just beating on a dead horse at this point to see how much money it can keep giving them.

I remember where this franchise was all about racing. I don't see that anymore.

Pachimari

I just finished Fast and Furious 6 for the first time and goddamn was it good. I hate it that the movie
killed off Gisele and said fuck you to Elena, while it brought Tokyo Drift into the timeline, which means Han is out as well.
But damn what a movie, and wow what a mid-credits scene!

rekameohs

Banned
F&F is one of the very few franchises that is basically review-proof to me. I am going to see them regardless, so we'll see what happens.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Should've ended in the last movie where it was a farewell goodbye to Paul Walker, but no, lets crank out more for the money..

Comments like these always totally bewilder me.

I mean, do people not realize that the film industry is actually...you know....an industry? For every studio, the matter of film-making is a business. These companies don't give a fuck about artistic integrity or leaving certain stories at satisfying closure points....they're only interested in making as much money for themselves as possible. If any studio has an easy means of literally making the company hundreds of millions of dollars by churning out sequel after sequel the public largely want to see....then they're sure as hell going to do it. It's a really weird thing to get bitter and resentful about.

You're literally getting pissy at a company for choosing to continue to make money. It's like screaming at the sun.

samn

Comments like these always totally bewilder me.

I mean, do people not realize that the film industry is actually...you know....an industry? For every studio, the matter of film-making is a business. These companies don't give a fuck about artistic integrity or leaving certain stories at satisfying closure points....they're only interested in making as much money for themselves as possible. If any studio has an easy means of literally making the company hundreds of millions of dollars by churning out sequel after sequel the public largely want to see....then they're sure as hell going to do it. It's a really weird thing to get bitter and resentful about.

You're literally getting pissy at a company for choosing to continue to make money. It's like screaming at the sun.

oh alright then let's never complain about corporate greed ever

Hyun Sai

I don't know how those critics missed that the franchise is a pile of dumb garbage since the first one, so being the weakest one doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

All the way to the bank baby, and see you for Fast Nine !

Pilgrimzero

I can't wait for the sequel when they jump the moon in charged up sports cars to save the ghost of Paul Walker from the Martians.

Lol, you can believe what you want but this franchise, like I said again should've ended in the last movie. The ending was perfect to end on with a farewell to Paul Walker who is by far the best character in this franchise.

"The Fate of the Furious" looking at the poster and the trailer looks like a Civil War rip-off with "family". Don't get me wrong because I like this franchise since the beginning, but they're running out of ideas. Won't stop me from seeing the movie though since I've already seen them all.

But seriously, what's next? Going in space?

Litan

oh alright then let's never complain about corporate greed ever
If someone thinks F7 is a perfect ending to the franchise, just stop watching there. No-one will force you to watch the rest. What's the point of complaining?

Pachimari

I've never seen a Fast & Furious film in the cinema, but I'm surely gonna go watch Fast & Furious 10. Let it be my first and last time.

The series kind of peaked with Fast Five, and the last two were just too silly for me. I'll catch this new one on cable, but I think I'm done watching these at the theater.

Speevy

Banned
Lol, you can believe what you want but this franchise, like I said again should've ended in the last movie. The ending was perfect to end on with a farewell to Paul Walker who is by far the best character in this franchise.

"The Fate of the Furious" looking at the poster and the trailer looks like a Civil War rip-off with "family". Don't get me wrong because I like this franchise since the beginning, but they're running out of ideas. Won't stop me from seeing the movie though since I've already seen them all.

But seriously, what's next? Going in space?

It's not like this franchise has this rich back story to live up to. That's what is great about it. It can reinvent itself a million different ways.

samn

If someone thinks F7 is a perfect ending to the franchise, just stop watching there. No-one will force you to watch the rest. What's the point of complaining?

it's a gaming discussion board talking about a big entertainment product

if there aren't 'pointless' complaints then why is anyone here

The best F&F only averaged 37%?

There was a bit of a disconnect at the time from what people thought the series was, and what it was about to become.

A lot of people headed into that thing thinking this was the last dry thrust into the corpse of a would-be series, lamely attempting to draft off a ridiculous fad in the hopes it'd reignite interest.

From that P.O.V., it's easy to see why people dismissed it as such.

Speevy

Banned
In the final scene of the series, Dom remembers the original race from Fast and Furious and sticks a tank of NOS into Galactic Emperor Tran's mouth.

Anakin Paulwalker appears in the sky.

Up to a 73% on RT with average of 6.4

Will gladly give this a watch

From Entertainment Weekly

Thankfully, it's frequently also much funnier and lighter on its feet than previous outings, and a lot of that credit goes to Statham and Johnson, whose love-hate bromance feels like the real core of the movie.

Give it to me

More reviews bumped this one up to 73%, should update

I would personally see any of these movies even if they were 1%, i love this saga so much, so much fun. Completely dumb and ridiclous but really really great at being dumb and ridiclous. I recently rewatched 5-7 with Giant Bomb dudes Films & 40s commentaries for then, hilarious stuff from those guys, and those 3 movies are still so excellent and i would go as far to say make up of the best action movie trilogies of all time? Will 8-10 be as perfect too? We can only hope, guessing it all hinges on whether they go to space in this trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom