• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for The Fate of The Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Crappy movies. The Rock makes them bareable.

Vin Diesel is embarrassingly bad. And is not believable in his role.

Ludicrous is insulting.

Tyrese will say anything to get his paycheck.

That's my review of all the FF movies past the 1st one.

aDqEnKH.gif

That ehrlich quote has me worried. Gotta read his reviews of the other films to see what he thought of those tho

Also I refuse to believe this is worse than the 4th snoozefest. The trailers have been too fun to not be better than that

People make fun of it.. but 'family' is a huge part of these movies. If the twist goes against that, then I'm probably gonna hate this movie.
It's out in Germany so there are spoilers floating about.

The reason Dom betrayed his family is due to... family.

Haven't all the recent FF movies been in the 70% range on RT. What's up with all the doom and gloom?

Honestly I wouldn't even worry if this was like 20 percent on RT or whatever. It's just the quote "worst of the franchise" definitely gets me worried though when we have something as crap as that 4th film. Hoping I don't agree with those reviews when I see it next week

ZeoVGM

Banned
Seeing it the first weekend. After marathoning the series for the first time before 7, it's a review-proof movie in my eyes. Tokyo Drift being that low makes no sense to me. It's such a fun movie.

And this?

David Ehrlich from indieWire said:
The worst Fast and the Furious movie, it betrays almost everything that fans have come to love about the series.

Sorry, I refuse to believe anyone who says this movie is worse than 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Honestly I wouldn't even worry if this was like 20 percent on RT or whatever. It's just the quote "worst of the franchise" definitely gets me worried though when we have something as crap as that 4th film. Hoping I don't agree with those reviews when I see it next week

I should've went to see that yesterday instead of the fuckin' Phillies game because the Phillies dropped 12 in the first inning on the Nationals

This. Wtf.

Did people actually watch the original movies or just assume that Cars as the central plot device for action automatically meant that the franchise is built around racing.

Tokyo Drift is probably the only one you can make the argument for being about racing, but it's still a pretty big leap.

weshes195

I was about to say that was pretty good, but JESUS at the other movies ratings

Damn never knew Rotten tomatoes percentage was that low.

I will always find it funny how so many people love the first one. I mean, I do too but I appreciate that the directors are at least making original ideas. For all the hate Avatar gets for being unoriginal on Neogaf, the first Fast and Furious is even worse than it. I guess the smaller film gets more leeway?

This. Wtf.

Did people actually watch the original movies or just assume that Cars as the central plot device for action automatically meant that the franchise is built around racing.
"Cars as the central plot device"

The first three movies featured racing as the thing everything else revolved around, thus they were "street racing" movies. So yes, that's actually what people thought

Not "cars". Racing. That's why the series evolution is seen as so crazy. It would be like a slasher horror franchise turning into Dirty Dozen-style action movies with horror movie slashers

"Cars as the central plot device"

The first three movies featured racing as the thing everything else revolved around, thus they were "street racing" movies. So yes, that's actually what people thought

Not "cars". Racing. That's why the series evolution is seen as so crazy. It would be like a slasher horror franchise turning into Dirty Dozen-style action movies with horror movie slashers

Is stealing trucks filled with Panasonic VCRs that big of a delta from stealing a safe full of money and dragging it through the streets of Rio?

I am sorry, but I am not going to be fooled twice. People praised the predecessor, but it really sucked. This looks even more insane, cringy and stupid.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This isn't my favorite of the series [...] but these movies know what they are. These movies know they are fun. These are fun movies!

Five bags of popcorn. With movies like vin diesel in them you can't lose

I am sorry, but I am not going to be fooled twice. People praised the predecessor, but it really sucked. This looks even more insane, cringy and stupid.

In no universe is F7 any of those things, movie is hype as fuck
jYZN8TM.gif

Movie had no business being as good as it was with all the production turmoil surrounding Walker's passing.

Arttemis

The first movie was a good street racing movie. I saw the second, and it was literally GTA-the-movie, complete with the mafia mission intros. It was goofy, but the racing was out of place and awkwardly stuffed in. I stopped watching any sequels.

The more recent sequels seemed like even bigger action flicks with big bombastic set pieces, but far removed from the simple street racing roots. This newest film looks like moronic action with even more moronic melodrama.

Pshhh, I see a whole lot of people in here judging this series when they haven't even seen all of them. People who haven't made the journey.

It was never even once about racing.

There were 5 racing scenes in the first movie. I know there are other things such as guns blazing, chasing down trucks etc. But, every racing scene in the first movie felt natural to the story that they were trying to tell. The second movie had 2 races that I can remember but didn't do it too well. For me, the first movie is by far the best one.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Lifeline

In no universe is F7 any of those things, movie is hype as fuck
jYZN8TM.gif

Movie had no business being as good as it was with all the production turmoil surrounding Walker's passing.

Furious 7 gave me everything I wanted from the franchise. Flying cars scene and all the lead up to it is absolutely amazing.

79% on RT is too low for the movie.

There were 5 racing scenes in the first movie. I know there are other things such as guns blazing, chasing down trucks etc. But, every racing scene in the first movie felt natural to the story that they were trying to tell. The second movie had 2 races that I can remember but didn't do it too well. For me, the first movie is by far the best one.

This is what I don't get from watching the first movie, did they really do racing that well that people clinged to it as the defacto racing film? Does it really do it that well that people would want more of that? Surely there are better street racing movies out there. For me Fast and Furious 's best action scenes are better than Fast and Furious 's best racing scenes.

This is what I don't get from watching the first movie, did they really do racing that well that people clinged to it as the defacto racing film? Does it really do it that well that people would want more of that? Surely there are better street racing movies out there. For me Fast and Furious 's best action scenes are better than Fast and Furious 's best racing scenes.
Was it the first mainstream one?

And even if not, people cling to it because it's the biggest. Doesn't really matter if other movie did it better, if this is the one that's most known.

Was it the first mainstream one?

And even if not, people cling to it because it's the biggest. Doesn't really matter if other movie did it better, if this is the one that's most known.

But the way people lament that it's no longer about racing baffles me. Tokyo Drift was the most racing focused it's ever been and probably has some of the most impressive racing/drift stunts and people hate that one.

Neptonic

I dunno I saw a clip of Jason Statham and The Rock really fucking up a prison, seems pretty good to me.
It can't be as bad as 2 Fast 2 Furious, so it should be a fine movie.

Aww man reading that ehrlich review this sounds disappointing.

At least the action seems good as always.

I thought 7 was entertaining but a pretty messy step down from the 2 before it. And apparently this is even worse. God damn.

Oh well. The ice chase looks pretty cool

jdstorm

Banned
Sounds like the Dom Heel turn and potential Charlise Theron retcon missed their mark, but its still the fast family and its still blockbuster spectacle.

Im in day 1

I'm not going to say that any review, positive or negative, is devoid of merit, but this is one franchise that I can say I never really take reviews into account for.

I mean, I love Tokyo Drift. And even enjoyed 2F2F to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom