• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for The Fate of The Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeline

Up to 75%, third highest rated movie of the franchise.

Yes, i know it's only 9 reviews. Just thought it was funny since the thread started at it being one of the lowest reviewed of the franchise

Astral

It'll review fine probably. I feel like it's gonna be the weakest one since 4 though. The premise just sounds dumb as fuck. I haven't even seen 7 yet. I caught the last fight and it had such a ridiculous and dumb conclusion to it that it turned me off from watching the movie.

Lifeline

It'll review fine probably. I feel like it's gonna be the weakest one since 4 though. The premise just sounds dumb as fuck. I haven't even seen 7 yet. I caught the last fight and it had such a ridiculous and dumb conclusion to it that it turned me off from watching the movie.

The last fight was the worst part of the movie IMO, but the rest was so good it's still a great movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The last fight was the worst part of the movie IMO, but the rest was so good it's still a great movie.

I liked 7, but the L.A. sequences at the end suck. And Vin stomping the ground so it'll swallow up Statham was bad, but even worse was that the character survived all that. The bad guys keep surviving so they can add them to the roster in the next movie.

kobu

I liked 7, but the L.A. sequences at the end suck. And Vin stomping the ground so it'll swallow up Statham was bad, but even worse was that the character survived all that. The bad guys keep surviving so they can add them to the roster in the next movie.

Like real talk them working with with Jason Stathams character makes me uncomfortable. Didn't this dude blow up a fucking hospital like the joker in that last movie?

Fast 8 spoiler
apparently they don't even mention that when he joins the team or give a shit, looks like the whole movie itself is turning its back on family smh

Maaaannnn, bring Justin Lin back. He's good at paying attention to these relationship details. I can only hope Han turns on the family for forgetting about him and Gisele and becomes a villain in Final Furious.

Like real talk them working with with Jason Stathams character makes me uncomfortable. Didn't this dude blow up a fucking hospital like the joker in that last movie?

I can see working with Statham if they treat him as a third party anti-hero. Like, he'll help stop the bad guy, but he's not coming to the barbecue.

Who knows. He's basically Vegeta to Dom's Goku and that got weird too.

On one hand I'm not a fan of them working with statham because its the antithesis of Salut La Familia tbh, but on the other...dude is a dope addition to the crew. And I can see him stealing scenes in here as well most likely.

The series is slowly degenerating into the same class as the Expendables with the only distinguishing feature being its muscle cars and the slightly lower age average of its cast.

Lifeline

I wonder how F9 is going to be stylized. My bet is The Fine and the Furious. It's gonna be a family of chicks vs vin diesel family trying to fight to find out who's the better family. Battle turns into a space race.

I'm pretty sure my entire theater laughed/groaned in that scene.

It felt so tonally different from the rest of the movie. I understand that driving a car through two skyscrapers probably isn't believable too, but the stomping asphalt felt so random and chessy.

The rest of the city scenes with the drone and stuff was also bad. Felt like the ending was changed during a reshoot or something. Or they did a quick rewrite.

The series is slowly degenerating into the same class as the Expendables with the only distinguishing feature being its muscle cars and the slightly lower age average of its cast.

Nah, the Expendables was a bunch of shark jumping bullshit from minute one. The Fast, The Furious franchise is a slow descent into madness like Friday the 13th, which is why everyone is so desperate for it to go into space.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, the Expendables was a bunch of shark jumping bullshit from minute one. The Fast, The Furious franchise is a slow descent into madness like Friday the 13th, which is why everyone is so desperate for it to go into space.

So you're saying Fast and Furious X must match Jason X. I'm ok with this, as long as there is at least one street car in space.

Zen Aku

Fast & Furious and the Expendables relies entirely on two different concepts and appeal to audience.

F&F: cool cars, crazy stunts and likeable family characters

Exendables: nostalgia 70's-90's action superstars who team up with one another.

hirokazu

Did this thread start with mostly mostly rotten reviews on RT or something? I'm looking at the 75% RT and I'm not sure why people are bagging it and previous films in the franchise when it's currently got a similar score to the last three solid outings.

Hey at least they're adding to the overall F&TF family, I guess.

Monocle

5pFfeeN.png
I wish every reviewer wrote that way, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom