• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for The Fate of The Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno how it'll all turn out in the end, but I expect it to have the curse Fate of the even numbered Fast and Furious titles, and be worse than every single odd number.

Yes, 2, 4, and 6 are all worse than Tokyo Drift. I like Tokyo Drift. :D 6 was aight tho.

Laieon

Dunno how it'll all turn out in the end, but I expect it to have the curse Fate of the even numbered Fast and Furious titles, and be worse than every single odd number.

Yes, 2, 4, and 6 are all worse than Tokyo Drift. I like Tokyo Drift. :D 6 was aight tho.

1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are all worse than Tokyo Drift.

DJChuy

I'm amazed F7 has the highest RT score. That was one of the worst ones in the series. F7 made me laugh and not because of the over the top scenes like driving across three buildings or The Rock going one on one with a helicopter.

It made me laugh because of the Family talk and the cheap attempt at drama. Like every 5 minutes the movie would put on some sappy music, and Vin will talk about family. "You're my family."

TheFlow

Banned
On one hand I'm not a fan of them working with statham because its the antithesis of Salut La Familia tbh, but on the other...dude is a dope addition to the crew. And I can see him stealing scenes in here as well most likely.

the rock and statham are going to make the movie for me.

Rock "I am going to beat you like a Cherokee drum"

I have used that line so many times at my job.

Well who would openly say "I hate Japan"

Not the point.

If you are in love with Japan culture and whatnot, of course Tokyo Drift will be their favorite movie of the series. I tend to only see that opinion (Tokyo Drift is the best FF movie) online on places like GAF, where that love of Japan also exists in strong numbers.

Not the point.

If you are in love with Japan culture and whatnot, of course Tokyo Drift will be their favorite movie of the series. I tend to only see that opinion (Tokyo Drift is the best FF movie) online on places like GAF, where that love of Japan also exists in strong numbers.

I think its more than that. Its the silliest and most camp movie and goes all in on drifting being their life, to the point where it's like the force in star wars. also its the introduction to justin lin on the franchise and Han.

I can see why people think its the best. but I like 6 and 5 the most because thats where I think it hit the peak potential. going towards crazy stunts and international intrigue/heists.

TheFlow

Banned
Not the point.

What disco said. It is more than just Japan culture bruh.

For example you got that one scene with bow wow showing off his car in the garage <3

it is so ridiculous that I am surprised it got approved for production

Tokyo Drift is like Karate Kid, Mighty Ducks, or pick any of those old sports movies. Straight up has a training montage about drifting cars and everything. And like how those movies have life revolve around karate or hockey, the Tokyo of Tokyo Drift is all about drifting. It's earnest about it and awesome for it.

Prompto

Banned
For example you got that one scene with bow wow showing off his car in the garage <3

it is so ridiculous that I am surprised it got approved for production
I think that might be the ugliest/worst car in the entire franchise.
MCP_130322_4.jpg

7ztLc0t.jpg

Why Bow Wow? Why?

Pachimari

I'm in love with all things Japan but I honestly found Tokyo Drift to be worse than 1, 4, 5 and 6. I haven't seen 7 yet. And honestly I don't remember what happened in 4 now lol.

JoeNut

I haven't watched one since like 5, looks like the series might be finally coming to it's creative end. i'm sure it'll still make money though

Laieon

Tokyo Drift is like Karate Kid, Mighty Ducks, or pick any of those old sports movies. Straight up has a training montage about drifting cars and everything. And like how those movies have life revolve around karate or hockey, the Tokyo of Tokyo Drift is all about drifting. It's earnest about it and awesome for it.

This is exactly why I like it more than any of the others. I like the campiness mixed with the setting (compared to the first 2 Tokyo is a lot cooler then LA or Florida). I like the introduction of Han, who is my favorite Fast and Furious character. I like the fact that unlike the other movies, the main character actually fails multiple times.

I also think drifting is just a lot cooler to watch then the racing in the first 2 movies.

I agree that the switch from being a street racing series to a heist/action series was a fantastic move and the later movies are definitely a lot of fun to watch because of how over the top they are, but as far as the 1st 1/2 of the series goes with street racing being the focus, Tokyo Drift definitely did it better then the first 2.

3 > 5 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 2 = 4

I just need another Heist like 5. F5 will forever be #1. 2 has a special place in my heart though since I watched it and had all those fun racing games like NFS Underground and Midnight Club to play back then.

Pachimari

The most commonly agreed best film in the franchise is Fast Five.

Then it can be argued the next one would be either Tokyo Drift or Fast & Furious 6.

Catdaddy

It could be 0% on Rotten Tomatoes and bomb in the US (it won't) but will still hit a billion dollars thanks to international audiences.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The most commonly agreed best film in the franchise is Fast Five.

Then it can be argued the next one would be either Tokyo Drift or Fast & Furious 6.
No.

Fast 7 is the best one.

And honestly they should have stopped there, making another film after Walkers death is pretty shameless..not to mention makes zero sense story wise.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
No.

Fast 7 is the best one.

And honestly they should have stopped there, making another film after Walkers death is pretty shameless..not to mention makes zero sense story wise.

"Shameless."

No I'd call that stupid considering what a movie studio's job is.

M.D

Statham was a weak ass villain.

He got that cool intro scene and was supposed to be this super duper special agent who they cannot get their hands on, but every other scene had him sucking at what he's trying to do.

He goes into an FBI office sitting at this 10 feet tall sack of meat desk and acts all bad-ass, so you think he might have a plan or he'll kick this guys ass with some martial arts - nope! I'm gonna get my ass handed to me and use an explosive to escape.

Not to mention he got caught at the end after sucking at his job on 3 different continents.

caliph95

He got that cool intro scene and was supposed to be this super duper special agent who they cannot get their hands on, but every other scene had him sucking at what he's trying to do.

He goes into an FBI office sitting at this 10 feet tall sack of meat desk and acts all bad-ass, so you think he might have a plan or he'll kick this guys ass with some martial arts - nope! I'm gonna get my ass handed to me and use an explosive to escape.

Not to mention he got caught at the end after sucking at his job on 3 different continents.
I laughed at how Dom a street racer was able to keep up with the most dangerous assassin ever in a straight fight

HvySky

Dude gave Hobbs a run for his money in a one on one fight. That counts for something.

Edit: He did get jobbed hard by Dom though.

TheFlow

Banned
I think that might be the ugliest/worst car in the entire franchise.
MCP_130322_4.jpg

7ztLc0t.jpg

Why Bow Wow? Why?
Exactly! Bow wow showing off that car fooling everyone. That is some good cheese

Plus guys if Dom can go toe to toe with the rock who beat statham wouldn't he be able to put up a fight with statham?

caliph95

Dude gave Hobbs a run for his money in a one on one fight. That counts for something.

Edit: He did get jobbed hard by Dom though.
Dom in between 1 and 4 apparently went and joined and train with the league of assassins or something and suddenly became Street Bruce Lee

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
"Shameless."

No I'd call that stupid considering what a movie studio's job is.
Im well aware a movie studios job is to make every penny possible but that doesn't change my opinion that making an 8th movie right after the main characters death is ridiculous and greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom