• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revised DS4 Included with PS4 Slim

Ugh, is that it? And are they trolling by adding another light bar? :/

Would have expected more. Really hoping there is still some sort of elite controller in the works.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Like I said in the other thread.

As if people didn't hate the light on the original DS4 enough already.

Rellik

So instead of removing the current light that most people hate, they decided to add another one. Great job.

sense

interesting. can't wait for September 7 for everything to be revealed

i do believe there will be an elite style controller revealed as well

AAMARMO

Banned
House_Wonka.jpg

Thank to Darklor01.

Carl

Hmm i dunno. I was hoping for at least 3 lightbars.

They were never going to remove the lightbar seeing as it's needed for VR

Evo X

So they kept the shitty analog sticks and cheap triggers, and added another light even though people were annoyed by the first one.

Bravo Sony! You're on a fucking roll right now. All that's left is to announce Neo at 599 US Dollars.

Wollan

Maybe they have added the possibility of turning it off completely for non-lightbar activity. Should save a good amount of battery if so.

Why do they insist on making this something you would see at a rave? Please no more lights.

I could understand if they replaced the current one with the one on top.

JackEtc

House_Wonka.jpg

Thank to Darklor01.

LOL

this is kinda dumb. I wanna hope its maybe something PS VR related? But most likely it's cause you couldn't see any of the ambient effects the light bar could be set to do during gameplay that devs spend time programming

Dinjooh

As I wrote in the other thread, this might be because the console itself no longer has a light strip, and the information from that is now being fed to the front light bar of the controller.

That or because one of them can be disabled to save battery life or something.

Maxey

Ugly console redesign, PS+ price increase and now they're adding another lightbar to the controller, which no one asked for.

Good job, guys.

Corpekata

Banned
Ugh. At least the original light was easy to block, this doesn't look like it will be without interfering with things.

Hopefully they include some firmware to just disable the lights already.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm sure there will be other changes. This guy is just really riding the wave of internet fame this will get him.

Bgamer90

Banned
Really trying to figure out what the 2nd light is for. Seeing the touchpad in the dark? VR features?

Would be silly if the battery life is even worse due to it.

Loudninja

As I wrote in the other thread, this might be because the console itself no longer has a light strip, and the information from that is now being fed to the front light bar of the controller.

That or because one of them can be disabled to save battery life or something.
Yeah I think so too.

Ame

The only revisions the DS4 needs is build quality and especially better battery life. Why more lights?

Top Bottom