• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rex Tillerson fired. Now Mike Pompeo new Secretary of State/best friend

Since when did this forum house so many alt-right?

Firing the chief of state via Twitter for **** sake haha

#NotAllGAF

If Pennsylvania and my home state of Alabama are any indication, there may be some Merit to this so-called Blue Wave.

The hatred of a black president and the threat of a female one is beginning to fizzle.

WaterAstro

This is hilarious. Especially the Trump impression part. Start at 2 minutes or watch it all.

Last edited:

Corrik

#NotAllGAF

If Pennsylvania and my home state of Alabama are any indication, there may be some Merit to this so-called Blue Wave.

The hatred of a black president and the threat of a female one is beginning to fizzle.
I am from PA and that election means nothing as far as the "blue wave".

Alabama wasn't much different from what I understand. Both were democrats who ran under partial Republican ideals barely scraping by an utterly terrible Republican candidate.

PA was also a special election that holds a seat for a few months before the re-election in a district that no longer is going to exist after it is redrawn.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Firing the chief of state via Twitter for fuck sake haha

Welcome to your journey into the initially frightening but altogether necessary realm of differing opinions and worldviews. It's not all that dissimilar to the real world, where you will in fact run into all sorts of people with all sorts of political affiliations, some of which may not align with your own. Personally, I've made it very, very clear about what I think of the current WH admin, but when I, too, leave the house and go out into the world, I meet people who voted for this and in some cases still support this on a daily basis, and so far...yep, no brawls or shootouts or nuclear explosions yet.

On the contrary, I've never met anyone proclaiming to be alt-right face to face that I can recall. I've been in proximity when the fellow residents of my city kicked a pack of proper Neo-Nazis out of town when they rode in, heavily armed, to try to stop a memorial to Black Texan Veterans from being unveiled on the Capitol grounds, and I've recoiled in disgust at the photos showing the Nazi flag hanging proudly not too far from here at College Station the day after the election, but let's be perfectly clear: "Alt-Right" is an internal rebrand for Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. Voting Republican doesn't make you Alt-Right. Being conservative doesn't make you Alt-Right. Saying something you disagree with doesn't make the other person Alt-Right. Lulzing at the latest Twitter drama that now constitutes standard fare for a Superpower might be misanthropic, or it could just as easily be highlighting the absurdity of our times. I dunno. I could probably find out by having a conversation instead of whining metacommentary and dismissing them as evil.

This alt-right labeling has become overused to the point where it's lost meaning, which is probably a big win for the folks who came up with it and just another way that political discourse has eroded into hyper-partisan us vs them, with us or against us, dehumanizing drivel.

Nazis and their ilk aren't welcome here and have never been welcome here. Nazis belong in the ground and in history books, most of the world seemed to agree on a few generations back, and my grandparents had to live through that hell on earth and knock off their fair share of the fuckers for me to be here typing this post. You're not on a damned alt-right message board.

Someone you disagree with or dislike or find little value in on NeoGAF...they're probably not Alt-Right.

I've met hundreds of single issue voters since the election who were otherwise reasonable, affable people, maybe until politics entered the equation. In those instances you're unlikely to get anywhere productive.

That's the beauty of good ol' NeoGAF. We can get into proper debate and bring out quotes, facts, supporting documents, and long-form compelling arguments that aren't polite or appropriate avenues most of the time out in the world, from vastly different perspectives at all corners of the world, while still treating each other with a modicum of decency and humanity. Let's do more of that and less pigeonholing and namecalling. Thanks.

Disappointed to find out that no one made a "Friendship ended..." picture.

jCpTeZ4.png

ickythingz

Banned

Firing the chief of state via Twitter for fuck sake haha

Are you just labeling people the "alt-right" because you can't conceive that people may back this move and have nothing to do with the alt right? That is some serious tunnel vision.

One of the most amusing thing I noticed from the Trump supporters around the net is that a lot of them call lefties sheep that will follow any and everything the left suggest while themselves tripping over themselves to fall in line with whatever latest decision Trump makes.

Alabama wasn't much different from what I understand. Both were democrats who ran under partial Republican ideals barely scraping by an utterly terrible Republican candidate.

PA was also a special election that holds a seat for a few months before the re-election in a district that no longer is going to exist after it is redrawn.

Partially Republican ideals? You mean moderation rather than the seemingly diametrical partisanship that we have been witnessing in the past decade? I'll hold on to hope that reason is returning.

Regardless if that district will exist come November, it is a symbolic victory.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Yeah's just a GOP member disguised as a Democrat. with his stances on things like being for a woman's right to choose, universal healthcare, stronger unions, wanting more gun regulations, criticizing Trump's tax cuts and so on. Sounds like a Republican to me!

Last edited:

Corrik

Yeah's just a GOP member disguised as a Democrat. with his stances on things like being for a woman's right to choose, universal healthcare, stronger unions, wanting more gun regulations, criticizing Trump's tax cuts and so on. Sounds like a Republican to me!
Ran as pro guns and said he was against abortion but thought it was okay to choose. He was about as far Republican as your gonna get from a democrat.

Saccone ran anti-union in a major union area. Not smart.

Last edited:

HStallion

Ran as pro guns and said he was against abortion but thought it was okay to choose. He was about as far Republican as your gonna get from a democrat.

Saccone ran anti-union in a major union area. Not smart.

I agree, nothing screams "I'm a conservative!" than being pro union, for a woman's right to choose and being for more gun regulation.

Last edited:

Corrik

I agree, nothing screams "I'm a conservative!" than being pro union, for a woman's right to choose and being for more gun regulation.
Nothing like people telling you what a candidate ran for because they read it on some website than a person from Western PA where the guy ran telling you what he ran on.

I get you all want to believe in the "blue wave" but nothing of substantial note supports that right now. These are special elections with impossible to predict turnouts. Democrats won two scrapers in Republican areas where a terrible Republican candidate ran. If Strange wins nomination instead of Moore, or if Moore allegations hadn't come out, then Dems lose easily there.

If Lamb wasn't further right than usual, a Republican controversy which led to the resigning of the incumbent, and a horrible candidate in Saccone who ran anti-union in a heavy union area / also was unlikeable and could not even raise money, Republicans win the area easily. Exit polls even had Trump has favorable despite the fact less Republicans showed up and more democrats showed up to vote than normal.

Hard to conjure up a lot of interest in that election for a seat that is there for a few months and is being redrawn so that district won't even exist come the re-election.

Could the blue wave be real? Sure. Is Alabama and PA a good sign for it? Not really. It is really reading it how you want to see it there. It is not like democrats just beat good candidates in Republican areas.

I mean, Moore had heavy calls to be removed from office if he won before even the election! Lol

HStallion

Nothing like people telling you what a candidate ran for because they read it on some website than a person from Western PA where the guy ran telling you what he ran on.

I get you all want to believe in the "blue wave" but nothing of substantial note supports that right now. These are special elections with impossible to predict turnouts. Democrats won two scrapers in Republican areas where a terrible Republican candidate ran. If Strange wins nomination instead of Moore, or if Moore allegations hadn't come out, then Dems lose easily there.

If Lamb wasn't further right than usual, a Republican controversy which led to the resigning of the incumbent, and a horrible candidate in Saccone who ran anti-union in a heavy union area / also was unlikeable and could not even raise money, Republicans win the area easily. Exit polls even had Trump has favorable despite the fact less Republicans showed up and more democrats showed up to vote than normal.

Hard to conjure up a lot of interest in that election for a seat that is there for a few months and is being redrawn so that district won't even exist come the re-election.

Could the blue wave be real? Sure. Is Alabama and PA a good sign for it? Not really. It is really reading it how you want to see it there. It is not like democrats just beat good candidates in Republican areas.

I mean, Moore had heavy calls to be removed from office if he won before even the election! Lol

Who's talking about a blue wave? I'm just saying the whole "he's just a republican in disguise" rhetoric doesn't make sense when he holds stances that inherently opposite to the Republican. Just because he's not Bernie Sanders doesn't mean he's some Republican masquerading as a Dem. I also live about 5 minutes from the Penn. border and know about Lamb first hand thanks very much.

Corrik

Who's talking about a blue wave? I'm just saying the whole "he's just a republican in disguise" rhetoric doesn't make sense when he holds stances that inherently opposite to the Republican. Just because he's not Bernie Sanders doesn't mean he's some Republican masquerading as a Dem. I also live about 5 minutes from the Penn. border and know about Lamb first hand thanks very much.
No one said he is Republican in disguise. I said he ran with some Republican ideals to be further right than a normal democrat which made him a more appealing candidate in a Republican area. It made it less of a pill to swallow voting for him.

Top Bottom