• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez Infinite Gets a Physical Release, Vinyl Soundtrack, Art Book, T-Shirt & More

iam8bit's vinyl releases are incredibly solid and beautiful so I'm really surprised that this doesn't reflect their usual level of quality.

I'm still really excited for my Rez vinyl as I know that will be top notch. Anyone on the fence regarding their vinyl releases shouldn't be (especially if they're in stock).

To be clear, if you guys see me posting anything negative about this, please understand I'm still massively jealous that we lost out on this opportunity. To provide some context on the disc being a low print quality, our Dragon Fantasy disc had a similar look and it wasn't due to any actions on our part. I think Sony just has a set of printers that aren't up to snuff. When you order games from Sony you sometimes roll the dice on material quality and you don't have an opportunity to go back and forth with hard copy proofs. Any perceived print quality issues are not on the publisher; rather, they lie with Sony.

iam8bit's vinyl releases are incredibly solid and beautiful so I'm really surprised that this doesn't reflect their usual level of quality. To me it feels like this game release was just spat out to be a thing without any consideration to the importance of it. It really feels like vinyl is their passion and specialty. I don't get the impression that they're game collectors in the way we are. I'm still thankful that Rez exists and I still plan to buy from iam8bit for a long time, but I can't help but be salty about how much better this release could've been.
Their vinyl is nothing special outside of the visual presentation.

iam8bit is an art gallery first, actually, that's their passion (if they have one).

Anyone on the fence regarding their vinyl releases shouldn't be (especially if they're in stock).
No, they should absolutely be. Most of iam8bit's vinyl is overpriced (some of them violently so), they try to fight domestic customers for using affordable shipping options and they have arrogant customer service.

I'm not really an audiophile so the presentation is mostly what matters to me regarding vinyl. I own their releases of Banjo Kazooie, Battletoads, and Perfect Dark - all are beautiful and I don't really feel like I overpaid for them. Yeah, this Rez one is expensive but I guess I have confidence the presentation will be top notch.

they try to fight domestic customers for using affordable shipping options and they have arrogant customer service.

I'm not sure where you're getting the hostility from on the pricing. Yeah, it's shitty, but the phrase "violently priced" seems a bit much.

Also what is arrogant customer service?

Has anyone else gotten their physical copy of the game from these guys yet? Mine still shows as "unfulfilled" on their site. After reading impressions above, I'm wondering why I even bothered ordering this.

Has anyone else gotten their physical copy of the game from these guys yet? Mine still shows as "unfulfilled" on their site. After reading impressions above, I'm wondering why I even bothered ordering this.

Got mine yesterday and I ordered using the Media Mail option when it was available. It had a tracking number label on it which would have been nice to be informed of.

sarcoa

Mine showed up today. Still says "unfulfilled" on iam8bit's website.

doodledude

Neo Member
Thanks you made me feel a bit more confident about the vinyl release. I'm still waiting for the game to be delivered also, but I'm in the UK so expect to be near the bottom of their importance!

iam8bit's vinyl releases are incredibly solid and beautiful so I'm really surprised that this doesn't reflect their usual level of quality.

I'm still really excited for my Rez vinyl as I know that will be top notch. Anyone on the fence regarding their vinyl releases shouldn't be (especially if they're in stock).

To be clear, if you guys see me posting anything negative about this, please understand I'm still massively jealous that we lost out on this opportunity. To provide some context on the disc being a low print quality, our Dragon Fantasy disc had a similar look and it wasn't due to any actions on our part. I think Sony just has a set of printers that aren't up to snuff. When you order games from Sony you sometimes roll the dice on material quality and you don't have an opportunity to go back and forth with hard copy proofs. Any perceived print quality issues are not on the publisher; rather, they lie with Sony.

Steveo

Banned
Ugh, so I waited months for the physical copy of Rez. It comes today, i'm pleasantly surprised, I have to leave to do some Christmas shopping so I leave by brand new copy of Rez, still in the wrapper on my kitchen table.

I come home and notice the game is gone, I'm completely baffled, so I look all around for the game. Finally after about 20 minutes I look in my dogs bed, and there it is, completely chewed up. So annoyed right now. :(

This is the game after the incident.

nIZtMmC.jpg

This is the culprit after he wore himself out gnawing on Rez.

LiK

Posted this in the other thread, might as well post them here:

Disappointed to hear quality issues like that, after so long a wait :(

If it helps a little, I've whipped up some alternative replacement inserts using some asset captures and concept art. This is completely unofficial, something I was putting together for myself that I thought might be better to share.

I've also recreated the original iam8bit cover without all the advertisements.

Gorgeous

Vespa

Ugh, so I waited months for the physical copy of Rez. It comes today, i'm pleasantly surprised, I have to leave to do some Christmas shopping so I leave by brand new copy of Rez, still in the wrapper on my kitchen table.

I come home and notice the game is gone, I'm completely baffled, so I look all around for the game. Finally after about 20 minutes I look in my dogs bed, and there it is, completely chewed up. So annoyed right now. :(

This is the game after the incident.

This is the culprit after he wore himself out gnawing on Rez.

Dog has great taste! sorry, bad joke. Is the disc okay? Hopefully you can replace the box and perhaps print off one m0dus' sweet covers.

any word on the vinyl?

this release is a dumpster fire

Shipping next week according to their twitter account.

And if people were holding out for the full version of "Fear" to be released on this it looks like it's the same edited version that's on the Gamers Guide to CD.

LiK

a bit OT but NMS EE arrived yesterday. No email shipping confirmation. So look out for it if you had it preordered.

Still waiting for the Rez vinyl and game.

igotpaid

Check your email for an upgrade code to redeem a newly designed reversible cover for Rez - free of charge. I just got the notification tonight.

Says it will take a few weeks to ship (lol).

LiK

Check your email for an upgrade code to redeem a newly designed reversible cover for Rez - free of charge. I just got the notification tonight.

Says it will take a few weeks to ship (lol).

thanks for the heads up, i would'v emissed that email cuz it's always going into my promotions tab

Semoreh

I received the game between Christmas and New Year.

Going to give my opinion : shipping was slow but I'm satisfied by both the game and the vinyls I bought as presents.
The fact they'll mail us free of charge a new, classier, insert, is good news too.

I know people are burnt because some purchases didn't go well, but I wanted to share my experience. It doesn't ALWAYS go bad, contrary to what we can read here.

I just got the game on Tuesday. Question for the ones playing in a different language from English:

Is this a mess for you too? I play it in French, and it's a if there was no QA on this game... Non translated text; different translation for the same word on the same screen(!); text badly overlapping...

I have this game for Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox 360. The French version is OK for all these versions. How the fuck is it possible to add mistakes like this when it was not present before?

I still love the game, but this feels very, very cheap work.

Semoreh

You remember, Iam8bit saying they were sorry the cover of Rez Infinite didn't look as good as hoped and that they'd send us a new one ?

I thought we'd receive a glossier, foil cover, with less PSVR logos everywhere.

Well, I received it today, and... it's EXACTLY the same cover as the 'normal' one. I almost burst into laughter ! What a waste of time and money x)

Hahahaha

ArchAngel

You remember, Iam8bit saying they were sorry the cover of Rez Infinite didn't look as good as hoped and that they'd send us a new one ?

Well, I received it today, and... it's EXACTLY the same cover as the 'normal' one. I almost burst into laughter ! What a waste of time and money x)

Hahahaha

Did you really just looked at one side of the cover and posted this right away?

Samaritan

Hahahaha

Jesus Christ, I can't think of a more fitting end to this exhausting saga.

robotrock

Banned

Hahahaha

Turn it over

Semoreh

Did you really just looked at one side of the cover and posted this right away?

As a matter of fact, yes. Yes, I did. I'm just... not used to reversible covers. It just didn't cross my mind I could flip it.
Oh god I feel so stupid, this other side is exactly what I expected (except it's now an ode to Eastern mangas or whatever :3).

Well, thanks for pointing that out, y'all :x

*walks shamefully toward the exit*

had no idea about the troubles people were having with this last year, I only learned about their rez collection recently. wasn't fussed about physical so much (got it on 360) and no way was I buying the vinyl for that price but I had to have that t-shirt, as not immediately apparent gaming t-shirts are my one true vice. ordered it this time last month, after hearing nothing about it for like three weeks I assumed what with the site being in dollars that there was some hold up with customs or w.e. Now I've learned that they had stock in the UK which means they just forgot about my order until I emailed them lol. after that it arrived within a few days.

I'd ordinarily give them the benefit of the doubt but then I found this thread.

Not as crummy a wait as some people had, but hey, add it to the list.

is there a general iam8bit thread to write about experiences in?

Top Bottom