• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku for Wii announced!

mutsu

I am thinking how the whole timing thing will work, because accuracy is key in this game. Guess will have to find out next year!

Diortem7

This is the most exciting announcement for me. I really hope it will be localized. I'm not going to mod my Wii.

Buttons not motions please, Nintendo. Or at least give us the option to choose.

But yeah, best announcement of the conference, with the possible exception of 3DS VC.

Oh, I just thought about the awesome songs in the first two games... I hope TSUNKU comes up with some even better stuff this time around.

As for now, I can't get "Hai hai hai!" or "don don pan pan" out of my head...

Rhythm Heaven for DS was a great game, but not really sure how well it would translate to the Wii version. It feels a bit like how Warioware went on the Wii and I didn't feel much for that game..

mehdi_san

CassSept said:
DS version is superior though :D

Can't wait, day one!
Meh I have always been bothered by the touch screen on the DS version. It's not responsive enough, so it's sometimes really hard to be perfectly on the beat :(

swerve

My most dreamed of game. Hopefully a good mix of A button usage and shaking.

Now all that is missing is Motion Plus Ouendan.

Vitet

If it uses motion it will be impossible to master. The wiimote not always detect your movement at the same exact time needed for a Rhythm Tengoku game...

swerve

Vitet said:
If it uses motion it will be impossible to master. The wiimote not always detect your movement at the same exact time needed for a Rhythm Tengoku game...

This is patently untrue. If you are precise, there is no reason it won't work. Hook up your wii remote to your PC via bluetooth and watch the readings.

Of course, if it takes advantage of Wii Remote Plus, then it's even less of an issue for those people who can't move/stop their hands on demand.

stupei

Ep4Hump.gif

:D :D :D

Vitet

swerve said:
This is patently untrue. If you are precise, there is no reason it won't work. Hook up your wii remote to your PC via bluetooth and watch the readings.

Of course, if it takes advantage of Wii Remote Plus, then it's even less of an issue for those people who can't move/stop their hands on demand.

One thing is detect a movement. That is pretty precise, it's strange that the Wiimotion doesn't detect a shake of your hand. But have in mind, in this game, it has to detect your movement at the same exact time of the bar everytime. I think that's pretty hard to do, but hey, maybe this game can prove me wrong xD

leroidys

I'm slightly worried about this considering how innacurate the wii remote is. I have the most faith in this team out of any nintendo team other than ead though, so I'm sure it will be great.

remz

scratch-o!

love it. Although I share the similar concerns of the guy talking about the wii remote, it's going to be sort of hard to wave the thing around in rhythm... i think.

Vitet

remz said:
scratch-o!

love it. Although I share the similar concerns of the guy talking about the wii remote, it's going to be sort of hard to wave the thing around in rhythm... i think.

For example this:
0.jpg

Is pretty bad and I never got a perfect score (and I'm pretty good at this, got all perfects on Rhythm Tengoku Gold), I shake hard both wiimote and nunchuk and some times it doesn't detect the beat at all (red circle)

Haunted

oh fuck yeah

edit: ^^ I regularly aced the songs in Rabbids so it can work. But I guess I would prefer button-based gameplay as well. Then again, I have faith in whatever they'll do, the scratching and tapping in Gold worked fine except in one game (seriously, fuck those Moais).

Vitet

Haunted said:
oh fuck yeah

edit: ^^ I regularly aced the songs in Rabbids so it can work. But I guess I would prefer button-based gameplay as well. Then again, I have faith in whatever they'll do, the scratching and tapping in Gold worked fine except in one game (seriously, fuck those Moais).

I aced them to. But I want to do perfects! :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is the best news of the conference for me. The DS title was an incredible game and I hope they bring this to the US/EU as quickly as possible.

Gameboy415

Hopefully this one is released Stateside!

Anyone who hasn't played the original GBA game MUST import it - it's excellent!
I personally think it's MUCH better than the DS game.

Top Bottom