• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku (from the makers of Made in Wario)

Jonnyram

rizumu2he.jpg

Translates as "Rhythm Heaven".
GBA / 3800 yen / 3 August.

This game was previewed in Famitsu a couple of weeks ago, but apparently word never got out that it's made by the Made in Wario team, as noone seems to be talking about it.

It's full of mini-games based on rhythm. The games generally last 2-3 minutes each and while the characters from Made in Wario are gone, there seems to be some new cute stuff in place of them. Difficulty increases through precision required, rather than increase in tempo, and it gets pretty bloody strict by the sounds of it.

Here's the Famitsu clip neo2046 scanned a couple of weeks ago:

ghibli99

Rhythm-based Made in Wario-style minigames? Sounds very promising. :) Thanks for the tip! I'll have to keep an eye-out for this one.

Lee N

Membre
I heard about this game a few weeks back, but I couldn't find any info on it then. It sounds like a great game to be honest, I've always been a big fan of rythm games and the visuals look alot like the Made in Wario series, which is a good thing.

Count me in.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Are you sure members of the Wario Ware team are involved? It may just be Sakamoto and Goro Abe of Nintendo since there seem to be some odd copyrights on that page.

Jonnyram

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Are you sure members of the Wario Ware team are involved? It may just be Sakamoto and Goro Abe of Nintendo since there seem to be some odd copyrights on that page.
The Wario Ware team made the game. J.P. Room is involved on the music side of things.

jgkspsx

Blackcherry said:
Sounds promising but it won't come here right? :(
It should be import-friendly, at least. Looks great!

Is that graph what I think it is, a report on player precision? Don't tell me this is Rhythm Training...

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Where says it's developed by the maker of Wario Ware? I can't find that info...

There's nothing to do with EAD or IntSys. It's a ParityBite/J.P.Room project distributed by Nintendo.

Jonnyram

tanasten said:
Where says it's developed by the maker of Wario Ware? I can't find that info...

There's nothing to do with EAD or IntSys. It's a ParityBite/J.P.Room project distributed by Nintendo.
The ParityBit reference is for Calccio Bit, which was printed on the same page of Famitsu that week. I have heard from numerous sources that the team is the same that made Made in Wario. As I said before, J.P.Room is handling the music - you know they have nothing to do with games, right?

GhostSeed

This issue of Nintendo Dream has a preview or something for this game. Does anyone know if it says anything new that's not in the Famitsu article?

Here is the Famitsu.com preview page for the game. It's just the same screens as the scan though.

Jonnyram

I have that issue and I seem to remember there was something new about it. I'll dig it out and have a look when I get home.

jesusraz

Akia said:
Then who is making Wario Ware Smooth Moves for Wii?

If you look at the E3 videos floating around the 'net you'll see that it says Intelligent Systems on the front screen.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
If you look at the E3 videos floating around the 'net you'll see that it says Intelligent Systems on the front screen.

Intelligent Systems is credited as co-developer, which is there actual role as most of the Wario team is still at Nintendo SPD Production Group No.1, headed by Metroid creator Yoshio Sakamoto.

jesusraz

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Intelligent Systems is credited as co-developer, which is there actual role as most of the Wario team is still at Nintendo SPD Production Group No.1, headed by Metroid creator Yoshio Sakamoto.

Even better news! Thanks for the update :)

Jonnyram

Sorry for not scanning last month's Nintendo Dream, but here's the latest issue with some new Rhythm Tengoku screens:

There's a little bit about it on the readers' letters page too, confirming the developer (Made in Wario team) and also saying that the characters are designed by the same illustrator, Kou Takeuchi.

There's a teeny bit mentioned about gameplay... you follow a rhythm and the events onscreen are designed to distract you from that rhythm. The further you continue, the more distracting the onscreen action gets. It sounds pretty cool :)

Also, there's boxart on amazon now:

rizumubox3se.jpg

Emotions

Jonnyram said:
Sorry for not scanning last month's Nintendo Dream, but here's the latest issue with some new Rhythm Tengoku screens:

There's a little bit about it on the readers' letters page too, confirming the developer (Made in Wario team) and also saying that the characters are designed by the same illustrator, Kou Takeuchi.

There's a teeny bit mentioned about gameplay... you follow a rhythm and the events onscreen are designed to distract you from that rhythm. The further you continue, the more distracting the onscreen action gets. It sounds pretty cool :)

rizumubox3se.jpg

Waiting for the US announcement hopefully. I love the WarioWare games.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

rizumubox3se.jpg

So excited. GoTSummer potential is here :D

jesusraz

Thanks for the images and info! :) Really looking forward to this...should hopefully be import-friendly, unless the forms of disruption are sometimes funyn words in Japanese, as the effect would be lost.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram said:
Difficulty increases through precision required, rather than increase in tempo, and it gets pretty bloody strict by the sounds of it.

What a great ****ing idea.

Shapermc

This game looks excellent and I will probably wait for inital reports and then import it if the language barrier is low.

eXistor

I've just went ahead and pre-ordered it. It's from the dudes and gals that made Wario Ware, that should convince anyone.

Top Bottom