• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku soundtrack coming

Jonnyram

More expensive than the game! :lol

3CDs
140 songs (wut)
2008/10/15
5250 yen

It's all the songs from the GBA and DS games together with a booklet containing "episodes" that happened during development.

rythm_500.jpg

mollipen

Hey baby!
How's it going?
This... beat... is non-stop!

Rhythm Tengoku + Rhythm Tengoku Gold in one soundtrack? Lord almighty DO WANT.

Nekobo

Awesome! I've been listening to the original RT's game rip for the past year. Great stuff. I look forward to hearing the remixes remastered.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Damn. I read this thread then decided to play the orginal RT and played for like 2 hours. :lol Need to sleeeeep.

So buying this.

Ooooooooooh... I really really want this.

Still can't find Rhythm Tengoku anywhere. I don't want to resort to ebay, but it seems like it's gonna be the only way...

HUELEN10

Stumpokapow said:
5250 yen = be prepared to pay $60+ including tax, shipping, customs, etc. to import this.
I know what you mean. I just got it ordered from Play-Asia with EMS for 67.80 USD. Is it worth it? I think so, and I cannot wait to hear it! Anyone else order it?

HUELEN10

TheGreatDave said:
I can't justify that price, but I look forward to hearing some of the songs on YouTube :(
If it would be allowed by a mod, I would not mind losslessly uploading a FEW tracks, as in less than 5. I don't think it would be though, but I thought I might put it out there due to the rips of the songs in the old thread by someone else.

swerve

I have it pre-ordered at a local store and will pick it up tomorrow. I'll let you know just how amazing the 'perfect versions' and the bonus songs are asap.

Although we already know the answer is 'pretty amazing'.

So I'm living in the UK right now and the shipping prices don't seem to have changed when I changed my address on the Play-Asia website. Am I missing something?

Damn, I forgot I preordered this back when this thread first started. So many games I'm buying this month along with this. My wallet is hurting so bad. :D

Drakken

Awesome. Hopefully it includes versions of each track with the in-game sound effects; they add a lot to certain songs.

swerve

Hey, it's pretty amazing.

Drakken said:
Awesome. Hopefully it includes versions of each track with the in-game sound effects; they add a lot to certain songs.

I haven't checked if it's all of them. It doesn't seem like it, but so far most of the ones I've wanted are there in 'perfect versions'. 'Ka---mo ne' is all in place, as are the guitars in 'rocker' (though all of them are mixed down as they would be in a released song, rather than brought to the fore for the gameplay).

The comments in the booklet from the developers about some of the more stand-out games and their involvement/feelings about them are cool. The booklet contains lyrics to all the songs with words.

The quality of the sound is brilliant and the voice in 'bright rock n roll' is even more brilliant than in the game.

The weight:joy ratio of this 3CD set is around 1:1000000000000.

swerve

Although I'm having to add my own 'p-p-p-punch' to the space/cosmo dance (my personal favourite modes). Can't have everything.

HUELEN10

So one of my friends picked up a copy today, but I have yet to get mine sadly. I am in love with it so far and cannot recommend it enough! Quick question though...

The old thread on this game had music samples, would it be okay to link to a YouTube version to ONE song of this album?

Woo! Got mine. Kinda miss the in game sounds but it's still sweet.

IMG_04171.jpg

IMG_04181.jpg

I'm gonna need to edit all the songs titles so I can identify them as something that I can actually read.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Finally got this baby. The music is superb, but the lack of sounds is indeed a letdown. :/ I feel, in a way, ripped off*. I ought to admit, however, that I'm liking the vocal songs far too much for my own good.

*Watch how Nintendo announces a Complete Sound Version of the soundtrack in a few months.

Top Bottom