• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Ayoade appreciation thread. (IT Crowd actor)

Bryank75

Banned
Richard was on the Graham Norton show a few days ago talking about his new book 'Ayaode on Top'

At last, the definitive book about perhaps the best cabin crew dramedy ever filmed: View From the Top starring Gwyneth Paltrow.

In Ayoade on Top, Richard Ayoade, perhaps one of the most 'insubstantial' people of our age, takes us on a journey from Peckham to Paris by way of Nevada and other places we don't care about. It's a journey deep within, in a way that's respectful and non-invasive; a journey for which we will all pay a heavy price, even if you've waited for the smaller paperback edition.

Ayoade argues for the canonisation of this brutal masterpiece, a film that celebrates capitalism in all its victimless glory; one we might imagine Donald Trump himself half-watching on his private jet's gold-plated flat screen while his other puffy eye scans the cabin for fresh, young prey."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
He should have been cast as the new Doctor instead of that other lady.

Annoying cunt. That travel show he does pisses me right off.
I love Travel Man and watch it every time. Richard is hilarious, and my wife loves his sense of style.

dan76

Best thing he's done is Darkplace. Pretty good in the IT crowd too. I only just realised he directed Darckplace, I always thought that was Mathew Holness. Not such a fan of his films though. AD/BC: A Rock Opera is great.

These need posting just for the appreciation of his Genius

tenor.gif

AzeF9EG.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

dbtDDSvWErdf2.gif

My favourite gif...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom