• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty Season 4 | Incredibly Holophobic

JSoup

Banned
I like that hubby and I got the bad dragon reference right away.
That whole sequence was really face paced too, very fun.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I just watched the dragon episode
That music.

This shit is hilarious.
Can never again listen to that track normally again hahahah.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally started this "season" and the first episode was damn good. I hope it's not like last season where the first one was way better than the rest, but I'm ready for more.

I just don't like this half season now, rest at some other undetermined point nonsense. Especially after last season where it was one episode now, the rest of the season months later. What goes on with the making of this show that has it so fucked up?

RPS37

I finally started this "season" and the first episode was damn good. I hope it's not like last season where the first one was way better than the rest, but I'm ready for more.

I just don't like this half season now, rest at some other undetermined point nonsense. Especially after last season where it was one episode now, the rest of the season months later. What goes on with the making of this show that has it so fucked up?
The first episode is great and then most of the season people hated in. However the finale is amaaaazing.
The animation is what takes forever, because there’s tons of details in every episode is what I remember hearing.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe it just hit me at the right time and in the right mood, but I liked this half season a lot. One of the things I didn't like about the 3rd season was that it felt like, out of nowhere, the show became about feelings and the characters were being changed for no reason.

Suddenly Rick is telling Morty he loves him every episode, we're getting a grim look at Beth and Jerry's relationship problems, ect. Why was that shit getting crow-barred into Rick and Morty? This is not that show.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Maybe it just hit me at the right time and in the right mood, but I liked this half season a lot. One of the things I didn't like about the 3rd season was that it felt like, out of nowhere, the show became about feelings and the characters were being changed for no reason.

Suddenly Rick is telling Morty he loves him every episode, we're getting a grim look at Beth and Jerry's relationship problems, ect. Why was that shit getting crow-barred into Rick and Morty? This is not that show.

Well...

Grinchy

Banned
Well...

I feel like I joked with the person I watched the show with that they must have hired a bunch of women to write these bad new story lines back when we were watching season 3. The first episode of the season was awesome, they took a ton of time off, and then it came back and everyone's in therapy and discussing how they feel all the time.

I don't think I actually believed it at the time. It was just supposed to be a joke. So to see that article really makes me laugh.

Compsiox

Banned
It's back. The new episode aired last night. It's called Never Ricking Morty.

Also Adult Swim is selling that Rick and Morty anime clip from Youtube for the full price of an episode:

To be clear, what's pictured is not the new episode, it's a scam by Adult Swim.

0bda5911b09a4be4d3fb060e17d4694c.png

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
What did I just watch? That must be what happens when everyone making the episode works remotely.

Tesseract

Banned
there's no season or episode i wouldn't rewatch, let me put it that way

i liked s03's injection of feminine energy, plenty of people hated it

I mean, shit, season 3 has the Tales from the Citadel episode, which is one of the best ones in the series.
And the premiere of season 3 might be one of the best episodes as well. We still in the Shonys fam

Starting Solar Opposites. Liked episode 2 a lot better than episode 1 so hope the trend continues.

Codes 208

It ended on an incredibly low note with that Whitehouse episode. No way did I ever think that could be the season finale.
Yup, having the best episode of the series doesnt automatically make it the best season, especially since it also had some of the worst (specifically the avengers spoof and the abc’s of beth.) and was overall so-so compared to 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I thought those were good, TBH.

I find trope deconstruction episodes interesting.
while i see what they were going for, they made it difficult to make a point while being funny about it at the same time, a lot of the episode was, while not cringe-worthy, just felt off and definitely not my favorite. Morty with his take charge and knows everything about everything attitude also seemed very uncharacteristic of him.

the abc’s of beth was just kinda boring for me and acted as another reason why I hate Beth as a character.

I think the nature of how eclectic rick and morty is means we will get some episodes that people love or hate as they are just so random and out there sometimes. I think it’s bullshit to blame it on women writers, there’s been some great episodes and bad episodes since the show started. Pickle Rick was written by one of those “woke” women writers in case you needed to be updated on how that doesn’t matter.

I love this episode btw, extremely meta

Codes 208

Just got done watching solar opposites, definitely hits a different vibe (like comparing family guy to american dad)

but overall i enjoyed it.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Just got done watching solar opposites, definitely hits a different vibe (like comparing family guy to american dad)

but overall i enjoyed it.
Pretty good show. I didn’t know it was made by Justin Roiland until someone gave me a heads up.

Codes 208

Wait, did tye second half of season 4 start? SHIIIT
Pretty good show. I didn’t know it was made by Justin Roiland until someone gave me a heads up.
If i hadnt seen the teasers for it ahead of time I feel like it wouldve caught on pretty quickly, its the same art style and Karvo is played by Justin and he performs with the same voice style as Rick.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Was it any good?

Edit: Wait only half the season aired?

Yeah, half of season 4 aired and it went on hiatus, but it’s back to wrap up the remaining eps.

Tonight’s ep was alright. Several funny real world observational quips at the beginning. The plot doesn’t really go anywhere, but the post credits saves it from ending on a low note.

Top Bottom