• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick Gates to plead guilty; to testify against Manafort

rokkerkory

Welp, after 13 indictments against Russian nationals over the weekend, here's another RBI by Mueller:

"Rick Gates is going to change his plea to guilty,'' said a person with direct knowledge of the new developments, adding that the revised plea will be presented in federal court in Washington "within the next few days....''

...The Oct. 27 indictment showed that prosecutors had amassed substantial documentation to buttress their charges that both Manafort and Gates – who were colleagues in political consulting for about a decade – had engaged in a complex series of allegedly illegal transactions rooted in Ukraine. The indictment alleged that both men, who for years were unregistered agents of the Ukraine government, hid millions of dollars of Ukraine-based payments from U.S. authorities.'

He's flipped Gates to put pressure on Manafort to flip as well. Mueller is pretty damn amazing making sense of all this crazy mess.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-rick-gates-plea-deal-20180218-story.html

mr2xxx

Banned
BN-WL896_3jFtM_OR_20171206141511.jpg

He’s coming!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
now that they have something I expect it to unravel at speed.

Blackie

These dark times? Please elaborate as I can say these are the best times of my life so please I would love to know about these "dark times"

Hmmm, well I suppose they are dark times because I was looking for an experienced/effective adult to be put in charge of the United States in 2016 so I could completely ignore politics for 4 years and selfishly focus on my own personal/professional life. However there is so much instability now due to the divisive/gas-lighting politics of those currently in power and it is exhausting to constantly look over one's shoulder for the next attack on traditional American decorum, progressive thought and inclusive values. We are also on the brink of potentially dangerous/calamitous advancements in technology (the possible threat of hostile singularity AI) and global warming, among other things, and it is important in this pivotal era that the world has strong intelligent visionaries in charge who are ideologically adaptable instead of intellectually dishonest kick-backers who are somehow still attempting to politicize proven scientific disciplines which will (hopefully) help save all our lives :)

zelo-ca

Hmmm, well I suppose they are dark times because I was looking for an experienced/effective adult to be put in charge of the United States in 2016 so I could completely ignore politics for 4 years and selfishly focus on my own personal/professional life. However there is so much instability now due to the divisive/gas-lighting politics of those currently in power and it is exhausting to constantly look over one's shoulder for the next attack on traditional American decorum, progressive thought and inclusive values. We are also on the brink of potentially dangerous/calamitous advancements in technology (the possible threat of hostile singularity AI) and global warming, among other things, and it is important in this pivotal era that the world has strong intelligent visionaries in charge who are ideologically adaptable instead of intellectually dishonest kick-backers who are somehow still attempting to politicize proven scientific disciplines which will (hopefully) help save all our lives :)

And you think Hilary would have been any different? This is why I want to debate you because we can both share our ideas but I guess that will not happen. If you don't think that the radical left is not attacking traditional American decorum then idk what to tell you. If she won the world would be way worse than it is now. She is and was the most corrupt politician alive and I would love to prove that to you.

Also I live in Canada no the USA. Would I love to be in the USA hell yes. I have a fucking PM that is so SJW he calls mankind "people-kind". I pay way more than any US citizen in my pay range for taxes for basically nothing. The USA under trump is way better than if it was under Hilary and 100X better than Canada under Trudeau.

the world has strong intelligent visionaries in charge who are ideologically adaptable instead of intellectually dishonest kick-backers.

Example 1: The Clintons' charity confirmed they received Qatar's $1 million gift while Hillary was at the State Department.

Example 2: The kingdom of Saudi Arabia donated more than $10 million. Through a foundation, so did the son-in-law of a former Ukrainian president whose government was widely criticized for corruption and the murder of journalists. A Lebanese-Nigerian developer with vast business interests contributed as much as $5 million.

Don't give me this kick-backer BS seriously. If you want to defend Hilary go ahead but do not defend her on kick-back/corruption.

JDB

Banned
And you think Hilary would have been any different? This is why I want to debate you because we can both share our ideas but I guess that will not happen. If you don't think that the radical left is not attacking traditional American decorum then idk what to tell you. If she won the world would be way worse than it is now. She is and was the most corrupt politician alive and I would love to prove that to you.

Also I live in Canada no the USA. Would I love to be in the USA hell yes. I have a fucking PM that is so SJW he calls mankind "people-kind". I pay way more than any US citizen in my pay range for taxes for basically nothing. The USA under trump is way better than if it was under Hilary and 100X better than Canada under Trudeau.

the world has strong intelligent visionaries in charge who are ideologically adaptable instead of intellectually dishonest kick-backers.

Example 1: The Clintons' charity confirmed they received Qatar's $1 million gift while Hillary was at the State Department.

Example 2: The kingdom of Saudi Arabia donated more than $10 million. Through a foundation, so did the son-in-law of a former Ukrainian president whose government was widely criticized for corruption and the murder of journalists. A Lebanese-Nigerian developer with vast business interests contributed as much as $5 million.

Don't give me this kick-backer BS seriously. If you want to defend Hilary go ahead but do not defend her on kick-back/corruption.
Man this site really needs a ResetEnema.

zelo-ca

Man this site really needs a ResetEnema.

I would like to know what you mean by that please :).

Also to topic at hand, Let the investigation go an see what happens, if they colluded they collueded if they didn't they didn't. I wonder how close they are to an answer.

Naudi

Banned

You sure have alot of opinions about how much better our lives are under trump for living in canda...I can say with 100% certainty my life was better under Obama, and can only assume it would be better with Hillary. The extra 4$ a week I got means nothing compared to the damage he has done.

rokkerkory

I would like to know what you mean by that please :).

Also to topic at hand, Let the investigation go an see what happens, if they colluded they collueded if they didn't they didn't. I wonder how close they are to an answer.

This wasn't an admission by Gates for anything with collusion. This was admission for money laundering and lying about it. Please keep it on point.

MogCakes

These dark times? Please elaborate as I can say these are the best times of my life so please I would love to know about these "dark times"
I won't claim to know your personal life (are you claiming to be Canadian like the poster above says? lol), but in America the sociopolitical climate is one of turmoil and unrest. It is dark times, whichever way you swing.

bucyou

And Mueller charges Manafort with MORE CHARGES FROM 2011-2014.

Can't wait until Mueller gets to the Uranium One stuff!

But ... erm ... actually nothing happened. There was basically no serious changes at all. The same countries are being bombed, technologies are being created, corporations consume each other...
Also keep in mind that if Hillary won there would not be any investigations. As always everything would be hidden under the rug.

prophetvx

As someone who is living in Alberta and has lived in Colorado, I can say that I pay pretty damn similar taxes to what I paid in the US. All things considered between state sales, county / city sales tax, food sales tax, state and federal income tax and property taxes... Plus insane health insurance costs... You aren't much better off in the US from a tax perspective and you get far, far less. There is probably a 1-3% difference in my net income. Provincially obviously that varies and you'd be taxed much less living in Wyoming over Ontario.

Trump is an idiot who is severely damaging the US' image, which massively hurts their ability to negotiate in foreign matters. Trudeau isn't a good leader either, but he is infinitely better than Trump could ever hope to be.

Ideologically adaptable? Who exactly are you talking about? To be considered ideologically adaptable, you'd have to have convictions to take information, adapt and implement strategies based on that information. Trump can't keep his attention focussed on anything coherent in a speech let alone in policy.

Hillary was a terrible candidate but at least she would have maintained consistency. You don't want the world super power to be the wild card. This is a perfect opportunity for autocrats like China to help gain foreign standing and shift Americas role in the world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom