• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

*Splinter

This is just a bad line. If I piqued your scumdar, try solving me instead of sweeping me under the rug.

Looks more interested in setting the agenda without getting hands dirty than actually solving.
You just want me to tunnel on my first whif of a read?

Ty4on please

Swamped

Banned
I'am Mushroom MANZ!

THEREFORES TOWNIE AF

Not familiar with the show so I googled this (as well as Mr Meeseeks), but this didn't turn up anything...is he a character on the show? Or is this is joke/reference to something else?

Boo this man!

vote:... nah im not that petty, not yet

Could have been an opportunity to subtly push the Faddy train (especially as Sorian as already voted for him) but he decided not to go there. acohrs seems to be playing it safe. Making a mental note of this.

Kawl_USC

Ty, I think Splinter's response wrt to you is reasonable. It's very much how I've started to feel after seeing low posting scum just keep going and going. If you are scum you are at least posting enough that we can engage with you and try to catch slips. Until the meta changes, it would take an act of god to make me lynch some one like you day 1.

Also, got softball tournament today so I probably won't be around. Will check back in tomorrow. With out some MEANINGFUL CONTENT tmtm, I won't be moving my vote off Faddy.

Faddy

Banned
While I appreciate the "solving" of watching the episode and understanding the source material of who is town and who is scum, that was a piss poor attempt at adding extra fluff to the thread while boosting your own post count Faddy.

VOTE: Faddy

It also read like you'd never seen the show when then you've also done a Meeseeks joke so it really reads like it was a stunt for the sake of it.

I had seen a few season 1 episodes. Hadn't seen any of season 2 or 3 (? is it out in the UK?) before I watched the episode last night.

Swamped

Banned
vote:zeemumu

I'm going to admit I know nothing about Rick & Morty.

So far we know that town are the "parasites" and scum are the "smiths"

The example role specifies that the parasites are town. You're tryna start something with info that was really easy to find. I don't like it, man.

vote:Dusk Soldier

On the surface this seems like an OMGUS vote, but Zeemumu does justify his vote in a reasonable way. It could be that he was more inclined to look at Dusk because Dusk voted for him initially - horse blinder effect. I don't think this says anything about either of their alignments, but looking forward to more contributions from Zee to make a more informed opinion of this exchange.

Based on the votes *burp* I can say there's a consensus all right. Im sober I swear.

Sorry for being absent so far.

I see we're off to a slow start. I was tempted to start push for No Lynch since, hey, we've not got much. Fortunately I found scum (you're welcome).

Interesting that you wanted to go for a no lynch...seems kinda uncharacteristic.

Anybody else you are scum reading Splinter?

kalor (1)
faddy 81 (186)
*splinter 292

ccs (0)
ty4on 85 (217)
*splinter 150 (292)

bronx-man (1)
ourobolus 118

kawl_usc (1)
giant panda 119
ty4on 223 (223)

sorian (1)
faddy 186

kawl (0)
ty4on 217 (223)

dr. worm (1)
ty4on 223

faddy (2)
kawl_usc 232
sorian 273

zeemumu (1)
dusk soldier 266

dusk soldier (1)
zeemumu 275

Day 1 ends in:

Acohrs, you need to unvote as the vote tool currently shows you voting for ".."

Swamped

Banned
Hey Ouro

Do you think sorian is scum?

Burb is also conspicuously absent, could be he is busy but regardless, making a mental note of this. This is his only post with some content, he calls out two of the more active players. Genuine questioning, or trying to pit two vocal townies against one another?

Faddy

Banned
Not sure about anything right now. But some people I like and don't like.

Ty4on - trying to push the game in various ways. Like
Acorn - very timid compared to usual. Don't Like
Fat4All - thinking logically, eating Chinese food. Like
Sorian - blustering about. Don't Like
CCS - Post more. Don't Like

Faddy

Banned
Why Nomadic Sparks vote seems scummy to me is that Sorian has been catching a lot of glances and perhaps scum see the opportunity to take out a perceived strong player.

Ty4on

Burb is also conspicuously absent, could be he is busy but regardless, making a mental note of this. This is his only post with some content, he calls out two of the more active players. Genuine questioning, or trying to pit two vocal townies against one another?
So far not much for me to go on, I usually get a gut feeling he's not interested in the game, but yeah worth keeping in mind that scum Burb is less engaged. Obviously being busy itself is NAI.

Thinking back tho I've only played against town Burb once and scum Burb twice lol

Ty4on

Why Nomadic Sparks vote seems scummy to me is that Sorian has been catching a lot of glances and perhaps scum see the opportunity to take out a perceived strong player.
But it's Nomadic ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Seems like a kinda typical vote for me

Posted too quickly,

I think any day 1 role claims need to be taken with a serious grain of salt. It just doesn’t make sense. Unless they die and part of their role was “claim mr meeseeks or you die”

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I guess it'd be too easy if all the town had the actual names and the scum had fake names. I mean there's a list and it equals out to about 15 possible town, and if it's the Smiths that's 5 scum plus Poopybutthole, and that accounts for nearly everyone except one who I'm assuming is Evil Morty.

You're looking way too much at flavor and then actually deviating from the flavor. For example, evil morty has no reason to be in this episode. There's also a lot more than 15 characters on that episode, even if they weren't named in the show itself, the wiki has all their names.

On the surface this seems like an OMGUS vote, but Zeemumu does justify his vote in a reasonable way. It could be that he was more inclined to look at Dusk because Dusk voted for him initially - horse blinder effect. I don't think this says anything about either of their alignments, but looking forward to more contributions from Zee to make a more informed opinion of this exchange.

Interesting that you wanted to go for a no lynch...seems kinda uncharacteristic.

Anybody else you are scum reading Splinter?

No, I think Splinter is actually looking good so far.

I was going to call out the inconsistency on your two posts but I guess you can not like me but still think I'm town.

zeemumu

You're looking way too much at flavor and then actually deviating from the flavor. For example, evil morty has no reason to be in this episode. There's also a lot more than 15 characters on that episode, even if they weren't named in the show itself, the wiki has all their names.

Evil Morty is in every episode *dramatic music*

The amount of named characters in that episode lines up almost perfectly with the amount of players in this game, though, so it was worth looking into.

LoC is laying low, and hasn't contributed much, looking at his posts.

I've been watching, and judging. I've been exhausted the last couple of days though, too much so to do a write up. I've reread the thread a few times, I'll be posting more over today.

I think any day 1 role claims need to be taken with a serious grain of salt. It just doesn’t make sense. Unless they die and part of their role was “claim mr meeseeks or you die”

What's your context for this? Such a strange thing to just say. Not the advising of others not to claim, but the resistance of town against those claims.

No worries, remember it’s day 1. Most of today is this, because we don’t have much to go on until the final 5 minutes of the day.

Coupled with this, it almost feels like you expect a power role to claim at day end.

Not to mention this:
And I don’t like that Kawl vote either. Why so many votes, we’ve got time.

Contradicts the above. Do we have lots of time, or only the 5 min before day end?

Dissuading voting, encouraging removal of power claims, while also not discouraging claims. Bad form.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Dr. Worm

Banned
It's not about what I think, it's about what you think

What would you expect people to think from that kind of claim if you acknowledge that no one can draw any real conclusion from it?

I don't know where you're going with this.

Now we've had a few claims of varying seriousness so far. I don't mind them, in a slow start like this I see them as a desperate attempt to get things moving. I don't take them seriously at all, even Ouro's more straight-laced one (if Ouro claimed a PR later in the game, would people really be concerned about a D1 ordinary claim? No).

So Kalor is scum for focusing on claims.

VOTE: Kalor

Can you explain your thought process a little differently? I feel like I missed something, and I'm not sure how you arrived at that vote from there.

acohrs

unvote

nomadic sparks enjoys being in the crosshairs I think, at least based on our brief, but passionate history

acohrs

Not familiar with the show so I googled this (as well as Mr Meeseeks), but this didn't turn up anything...is he a character on the show? Or is this is joke/reference to something else?

Could have been an opportunity to subtly push the Faddy train (especially as Sorian as already voted for him) but he decided not to go there. acohrs seems to be playing it safe. Making a mental note of this.

Only reason I didn't vote for him is because I'm a Leinster man, but I still prefer Glasgow to be spanked by Munster than the other way around

Also, why did you need to tell others about taking mental notes? Bit shadey, no?

Dr. Worm

Banned

He's one of the background parasites:

$

Top Bottom