• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

I haven't played one of these in a while so I feel really out of my league trying to read anyone right now. Like I can't tell if any behavior is unusual or not.

Or maybe that will be a benefit because I won't have the same biases.

No worries, remember it’s day 1. Most of today is this, because we don’t have much to go on until the final 5 minutes of the day.

2wbaG3N

Ty4on

You were trying to read people from what I recall. I couldn't tell if you were being serious or just spit-balling .

The full detail is that it was random.
No, I was serious. I start min 0 reading people (min 21 ish here because I forgot the street). Obviously they're not strong, but I try to follow them none the less.

If I'm being sarcastic without any markings I'll usually say something obviously wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Jeez I'll get the Sorian train started then

VOTE: Sorian

Ok.

I haven't played one of these in a while so I feel really out of my league trying to read anyone right now. Like I can't tell if any behavior is unusual or not.

Or maybe that will be a benefit because I won't have the same biases.

As said, not really much to read yet. Momentum is slightly moving now.

-----

Why is there a role claim on page 5?

Ty4on

But we can win this. I wanna win this.

D1 is the only time you'll have all of town talking. This is also when a pretty sizable majority of the game is town so opinions thrown around are more likely to come from town.

Yadda yadda all scum too, but most of the time their best bet at this time is to kinda stay out of it and just try to lean town away from voting their mates.

Ty4on

I don't wanna let CCS go without saying anything, but I also really wanna vote Kawl...

VOTE: Kawl

Don't really like thirsty comment

Kawl_USC

I'm Mister Meeseeks, Look at me!

Yea I'm also gonna say starting a game on Thursday evening is like the second worst possible time to start a game right next to Friday morning.

I'm doing date shit tonight and softball tournament tomorrow, bulk of my mafia playing is done at work of which there's scant little this day phase.

Ty seems to at least be playing the game and trying to solve but I'll also admit to not reading enough of his games to know how that fits in his meta. I at least like his effort.

I'll go on record and say unless something glaring comes out today I'll be voting out someone who is bullshitting there way to the 10 post requirements and not putting in effort. If all I'm going to here when bitching about low volume posters cruising through the game afterwards is "town has the tools" blah blah I fully intend to use it until people pick their shit up around here.

Getting 10 posts is hard for me during the beginning of the game. Thankfully I've been making my way to 10 posts by complaining that there's so little to analyze lol

More pressing matters being a random vote?

I was joking about Sorian messing up the episode's premise.

Ty4on

You know better than this, that's not a valid vote.
I don't actually

VOTE: Kawl_USC

I kinda got what I wanted tho.
A compliment

This name has popped up without making any impression so...

VOTE: Dr. Worm

It just reads as throwaway filler. Making a post for the sake of it.

Kawl_USC

Getting 10 posts is hard for me during the beginning of the game. Thankfully I've been making my way to 10 posts by complaining that there's so little to analyze lol

a) try a little harder then. 10 posts is not the impossible tasks that some people apparently think it is.

b) that wasn't the part of the post I was inquiring about. You said that there were more pressing matters to get to, and voted for me. But apparently that was just a random vote, so why exactly was that a pressing issue?

Sorian

Banned
a) try a little harder then. 10 posts is not the impossible tasks that some people apparently think it is.

b) that wasn't the part of the post I was inquiring about. You said that there were more pressing matters to get to, and voted for me. But apparently that was just a random vote, so why exactly was that a pressing issue?

That deep dive over a joke (though the choice of vote past garbage phase could be interesting).

Ty4on

That deep dive over a joke (though the choice of vote past garbage phase could be interesting).
Jokes don't exist in a vacuum. I don't think it's impossible to analyze it this early and delaying it till later is a great way of forgetting about it.

It's nearly impossible to get 10 posts of substance on day 1, it basically requires someone messing up in a major way or a real role claim. Trying harder has nothing to do with it, unless you want me to shitpost more.

To your second point, I was pointing out that that more pressing than nothing is still nothing. It was a throw away line. You seem to be getting really defensive about it now that you're at 2 votes though...

Kawl_USC

It's nearly impossible to get 10 posts of substance on day 1, it basically requires someone messing up in a major way or a real role claim. Trying harder has nothing to do with it, unless you want me to shitpost more.

To your second point, I was pointing out that that more pressing than nothing is still nothing. It was a throw away line. You seem to be getting really defensive about it now that you're at 2 votes though...

The only way it may seem impossible to get 10 posts of substance day 1 is if you only post re actively, which to be fair describes like 80% of our community. Get out there push people, ask questions, demand answers. Show some back bone.

If that was your attempt with those two posts, I would say that the message did not land clearly. I think there was a reasonable cause for voting me at that juncture with me doing a dumb little shit posts and response. I think town who votes me for that reason is vocal about it when asked, and doesn't try to deflect it with "oh random vote lol" when pressed when I actually start posting more content.

You seem awfully defensive pushing the me being defensive narrative...you don't even have any votes yet!

Faddy

Banned
I'm going to "live blog" Rick and Morty Season 2 Episode 4 since there seems to be little happening.

Pressing play now

Faddy

Banned
Uncle Steve is a garbage character. Lol Paris.

Rick jut blew his brains out lol. Ooh parasites.... and a thread title call out

Faddy

Banned
Comedy flashbacks, what is this Family Guy?

Cousin Nicky? Another parasite?

Only 6 of us, does this mean the game has 6 scum?

And parasite.

The only way it may seem impossible to get 10 posts of substance day 1 is if you only post re actively, which to be fair describes like 80% of our community. Get out there push people, ask questions, demand answers. Show some back bone.

If that was your attempt with those two posts, I would say that the message did not land clearly. I think there was a reasonable cause for voting me at that juncture with me doing a dumb little shit posts and response. I think town who votes me for that reason is vocal about it when asked, and doesn't try to deflect it with "oh random vote lol" when pressed when I actually start posting more content.

Eh, most of the time I don't see much value being generated on day 1 pushing people, especially when there are no vote front-runners. Once it gets into thunderdome territory between 2 vote leaders, then it is helpful to get everyone on record.

I don't see how voting you for shit posting would make a ton of sense, as everyone was shit posting at the beginning. The question would then be why I chose to vote you out of all the shit posters. I dunno, did you shit post the most or something? I wasn't keeping track. It's hard to complain about shit posts when they're humorous too.

The solution is gifs! Rick and morty supplya ton of them!

2wcsaws

Faddy

Banned
I can't keep up with all these zany characters.

Limited edition Zelda 3DS deals, did nintendo pay for this reference

Faddy

Banned
Non parasites can only make pleasant memories. Did someone make this joke earlier in the thread?

Mrs Refrigerator about to get got.

Morty got kicked in the balls, fantastic comedy

Top Bottom