• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge racer 3ds Vs Ridge Racer Vita: what a difference a year makes

thirty

Banned
shitty off screen pics but this is the first game I can think of where you have a nice direct comparison of graphics. Namco rushed both titles as well so you cant blame that. That being said I truly hope sony makes the right moves with the Vita. Although both will have their own greats, the tech truly is a leap above the 3ds.

7fnkwu.jpg

813khh.jpg

6stRG.jpg

CNjMm.jpg

3ickak.jpg

4q9jhn.jpg

5hxl82.jpg

6ijj4q.jpg

Off screen video

http://youtu.be/knDU1ltw8PM

http://youtu.be/eJ1QlEZhsLo

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Seems legit.

In all seriousness though it's a shame about the lack of content on the Vita version because all other polish oozes quality. Love how you can have the rear touch pad as a paddle shifter. Makes manual changing of gears a real joy.

ugh...who can i host with thats not blocked? guess tinypic is a no no :(

imgur and flikr work alright although some pixel counters complain about imgur.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
uh, isnt it obvious vita would look better, but 3ds has nice looking games too. Resident evil looks pretty neat

i wish they made a vita RE

Tiduz

Eurogaime
also, isnt RR vita made by Cellius, a completely different studio than rr 3ds?

i wish they had gotten more time :(

madmackem

Its a shame they fucked up the content of the vita game as im loving what is there just wish there was a bit more it looks fantastic and runs super smooth post patch.

Truth101

Banned
The OP doesn't talk about the actual game, but just how the Vita is better than the 3DS.

Very nice stealth system war thread.

Eh, don't you mean "what a difference more powerful hardware makes?" I don't understand what it being released a year later has to do with anything.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Regardless of how they look, of the two - RR 3DS is the better game as things start simply because of the expanded content. And that's the important thing right now.

However, as RR gets more and more content it'll be come a lot better than it is right now. I'm playing RR Vita more than i expected post patch/content, with a good few more tracks and maybe a rejigging of the off line mode then it could be something good.

Ken

Ridge Racer Vita features WipEout hovercraft?

The screens of the Vita version look really good; might pick up a copy later if they get more content in.

thirty

Banned
The OP doesn't talk about the actual game, but just how the Vita is better than the 3DS.

Very nice stealth system war thread.

They're both ridge racer. what is their to compare there? i'm specifically comparing the graphics. didnt hide that.

Ken

their both ridge racer. what is their to compare there? i'm specifically comparing the graphics. didnt hide that.
He means you're comparing the 3DS to the Vita using the same game to emphasize the graphics capabilities of the latter over the former, under the guise that the disparity between the two titles is due to time and not the handhelds themselves.

I think.

It's a shame the Vita version is seemingly rushed. Ideally the next one would hit 60 fps (3DS version is 60 fps, right?) and have a more generous amount of tracks for the price. Or if it's going to have fewer tracks and rely on dlc, at least make the base game cheap.

Truth101

Banned
their both ridge racer. what is their to compare there? i'm specifically comparing the graphics. didnt hide that.

Because the only statement you made in the OP had nothing at all to do with comparing the two games.

That being said I truly hope sony makes the right moves with the Vita. Although both will have their own greats, the tech truly is a leap above the 3ds.

All that says is, I want Sony to make the Vita a success and it is better than the 3DS. You only used Ridge Racer as an example comparing the capabilities of one system to another.

Maybe you could have made a title that properly describes what your thread entails.

Such as, Vita vs 3DS. What a difference a year makes, tech-wise or, System Wars The Thread: Vita vs 3DS Edition

Tiduz

Eurogaime
It's a shame the Vita version is seemingly rushed. Ideally the next one would hit 60 fps (3DS version is 60 fps, right?) and have a more generous amount of tracks for the price. Or if it's going to have fewer tracks and rely on dlc, at least make the base game cheap.

3ds version drop to like... 15 fps if theres a car drifting in front of you leaving smoke. it becomes extremely obvious it runs like SHIT.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
It's not a difference in a year, it's Nintendo ever since after the Gamecube always skimping on technology.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's weird, the 2nd set of comparison shots show the same spot on the bridge yet the 3DS has no shadows, but then a little further down approaching the corner on the bridge there is no shadows on the Vita version and the 3DS looks like it has a shadow cast on the track out of nowhere.

*Edit*
Oh I get it now, looks like the sun is casting a shadow in a different spot. nm.

Christine

It's weird, the 2nd set of comparison shots show the same spot on the bridge yet the 3DS has no shadows, but then a little further down approaching the corner on the bridge there is no shadows on the Vita version and the 3DS looks like it has a shadow cast on the track out of nowhere.

Shadows move depending on "time of day" on one or both versions, possibly?

Top Bottom