• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibri

Banned
Charlize Theron really does have the best ass in Hollywood:

mu8sj8.png

soultron

Banned
The motherfucking text overlay was GENIUS.

Also, the tech design looks great. Love the use of lights and reflections.

Cannot wait.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
HOLY SHIT. I just saw the trailer now, and I will agree with the consensus, this trailer alone is better than most movies! What a fucking epic trailer, well done indeed.

I loved ST2009 and I'm a fan of JJ. I'm a huge LOTR fan and I drool in anticipation of The Hobbit. I'm a heavy comic book geek and get hyper at the thought of The Avengers (I've liked all of the Marvel movies so far). But after this trailer for Promotheus, this just become my most abso-fucking lootely number one anticipated movie of 2012. God DAMNIT, why aren't there more good sci-fi movies made? WHHHYYY??????

Awesome trailer....

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
HOLY SHIT. I just saw the trailer now, and I will agree with the consensus, this trailer alone is better than most movies! What a fucking epic trailer, well done indeed.

I loved ST2009 and I'm a fan of JJ. I'm a huge LOTR fan and I drool in anticipation of The Hobbit. I'm a heavy comic book geek and get hyper at the thought of The Avengers (I've liked all of the Marvel movies so far). But after this trailer for Promotheus, this just become my most abso-fucking lootely number one anticipated movie of 2012. God DAMNIT, why aren't there more good sci-fi movies made? WHHHYYY??????

Awesome trailer....

...I...didn't think it was that good. I mean, better then most full length movies, really?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Blader

So basically it's a completely separate universe that simply uses the Space Jockey as a starting point for some it's ideas.

I'm sure it will be awesome, but I'm afraid some Alien fans might feel like it's a bait and switch.

No, it's set in the Alien universe, it just won't lead into Alien.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So basically it's a completely separate universe that simply uses the Space Jockey as a starting point for some it's ideas.

I'm sure it will be awesome, but I'm afraid some Alien fans might feel like it's a bait and switch.

It's obviously more connected than he's letting on. The fog covered containers that look like eggs, the space jockey, the ship that looks just like the one the space jockey was in, the intro title coming up EXACTLY the way the one in Alien came up etc.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh, and BTW, Sunshine is NOT better than Moon. GTFO here with that nonsense.

Sunshine is amazing. Moon is obscenely overrated. I was so excited for Moon and then it wasn't engaging at all, it had no surprises, emotional resonance, etc. And then damn, that ending dialogue was incredibly dumb. Clint Mansell's score was good, but that's all that made an impact.

nero2082

did giger help with this movie again?

EGE: Will you be using any of Giger’s original design for this film?
RS: We’ve had a pretty good relationship with Giger for many years. I was the first one to go see him in Switzerland, and persuade him to get on a plane. He wouldn’t get on a plane, because he was afraid of flying. And he finally came to Shepperton. He was with me for eleven months. Never went into town, stayed over a pub in Shepperton. Very non-Giger, not exotic. You’d think he’d be in a suite in a hotel. He’s in a pub. He was in a room over a pub, and he was very happy there. And yeah, I brought him in, I showed him what we were doing, showed him the story and he liked it a lot. So he’s doing a little bit of work for me. He’s been doing some murals, big murals, which we’ll see in almost one of the first chambers we encounter when we land where we’re gonna go.

JonnyBrad

There have been leaked set pictures of dudes in Xenomorph costumes, so there's a good chance they'll be in the movie at some point. Ridley Scott isn't just going to come out and say "Yeah, we have Xenos in here" because that would ruin the surprise.

Care to share a link to the set pics?

nel e nel

I'm pretty effin' pumped for this now.

After watching it a couple times I think it's pretty hilarious how they are dancing around the whole 'it's not an Alien prequel, but you can see the DNA of Alien in this towards the end'.

Welp, beg to differ, but if it's not an Alien prequel then why is the Space Jockey gun clearly highlighted coming out of a ground portal, and why is that giant 'wheel' clearly the wrecked spaceship from the first Alien, and why is that room with all the urns strongly reminiscent of the room full of eggs, and why did you use almost the exact same title font/reveal as the first one?

EDIT: Doh! Alienshogun beat me.

This looks absolutely amazing. I must have watched this trailer 30 times since it leaked the other day trying to pick up on anything I may have missed. Easily my most anticipated film of 2012 and it's looking to be an amazing year overall for films.

Replicant

Ugh, I'm going to sleep and hopefully when I wake up the HD and Youtube version are already out.

One note though, the trailer started with a girl sobbing "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry". It sounds like she's dun goofed but why? Discuss.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wait is this movie set before or after Alien 1?

Haven't seen the trailer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom