Right-Wing internet community QAnon spreading conspiracy theories on YouTube.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
No it's not. Just because they're out for Trump's blood doesn't make them fake news. Because otherwise 95% of all news outlets are fake news.
I never said they weren't. It's just especially apparent with CNN.

Anyone see this exchange earlier?

Forget about the fact that it's CNN or Jim Acosta doing the speaking here -- because I know some of you will immediately dismiss this clip outright because of that. The Press should absolutely NOT be labelled as the "Enemy of the People" by the President of the United States. Period.
It depends on if you consider CNN to be "the press". I don't think someone is suddenly part of "the press" just because they claim to be, nor that the press has any special rights versus the average citizen.

Conservatives in the thread: extremist right conspiracy sites are fine because liberals are even worse!
I just enjoy making fun of hypocrisy.

Banned
Sep 1, 2015
I never said they weren't. It's just especially apparent with CNN.

It depends on if you consider CNN to be "the press". I don't think someone is suddenly part of "the press" just because they claim to be, nor that the press has any special rights versus the average citizen.

I just enjoy making fun of hypocrisy.
Well, since they're part of the White House PRESS Corps and they're at a PRESS Conference, I'd say CNN are a part "the press." Not anyone can just walk into the PRESS Briefing Room, you know. You get these little passes. Want to guess what they say?

Are you usually this obtuse, or is your blind support for any and all things Trump just that strong?

Banned
Sep 1, 2015
I guess QAnon has great influence on Trump ;). Who is actually petteling conspiracy theories?
The 17 is actually a reference to the 17 people on meullers team not QAnon LOL. Fucking CNN rofl

Say it with me - CNN is Enquirer-level fake news.

Any idea why the QAnon-ers are so excited about Trump repeating 17 then?

Because they seem REALLY excited.

rev19v11thru21Promises made. Promises kept. - Q • 1d
Heck yeah! Then he's like "you know what im getting at"

diverscaleYou have more than you know. - Q • 1d
Yeah that was for us, good catch!!!

therealssjohnNew arrival. • 1d
I think he wanted some Q chants.

HillaryGodhamClintonPromises made. Promises kept. - Q • 1d
Yep. They let him down

Quatr0Future proves past. - Q • 1d
No! That's not how this works! Don't you see? We are growing stronger! Each new event there are more and more Q until they cannot do but ask the question. This will happen very slowly so the msm cannot deny it. We will win. This time next year maybe everything will be out in the open but until then it will be a slow creep from the base.

More Comments (1)
JasonTakesMAGAttenNew arrival. • 1d
No way. Those in the know we’re in awe of what he was going to say after repeating it that much.

sulla_stopped_shortNew arrival. • 1d
Maybe, but I'd have been too busy giggling like a schoolgirl. Chants are practiced and familiar. Some there didn't know who/what Q is, and Q chants haven't happened before. Next time more will be ready.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018
Hull, Québec, Canada
I prefer to think of it as a succinct statement of reality. They have as much evidence behind both of them.

So far, the dossier and the Russian collusion conspiracy theory have caused more actual violence (e.g. the Scalise shooting) than Q-Anon or Pizzagate did.

Still not one indictment related to collusion - merely for lying to the FBI or for decade-old crimes related to the corrupt Podesta group, which is under investigation in New York.
It's been a little over a year and they already have the guy who ran most of Trump's campaign on trial. Speaking of which, are you following the trial?

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Well, since they're part of the White House PRESS Corps and they're at a PRESS Conference, I'd say CNN are a part "the press." Not anyone can just walk into the PRESS Briefing Room, you know. You get these little passes. Want to guess what they say?

Are you usually this obtuse, or is your blind support for any and all things Trump just that strong?
No, I just oppose the concept of "the press" as a separate entity from the rest of the civilian population. It gives the corporate media undue power. I'd consider TYT or Infowars more of a true press than CNN - at least they wear their bias on their sleeve rather than acting all high and mighty while they report on absolute nonsense.

I described in another topic a few months ago my idea for a lottery system that anyone could enroll in to get a seat at these conferences, if they have to be done in person. If not, just have an open online forum that anyone can join and potentially ask questions.

It is part of the press. For fact. Don't be a div for the sake of it. It makes your arguments invalid.
I'm part of the press too - the 1st Amendment applies to all citizens equally. I don't recognize their privilege of working for a corporate entity as valid.

Again, it is not a separate entity from you or I.

It's been a little over a year and they already have the guy who ran most of Trump's campaign on trial. Speaking of which, are you following the trial?
Why would I? He's guilty as fuck, and (given the crimes are nearly a decade old) it has nothing to do with the last election. He just did corrupt dealings for a corrupt organization.

Coincidentally, said organization was run by Clinton's campaign manager at the time. Strange how you don't apply the same blemish to her, even though they have the same degree of separation.

Last edited:

Banned
Sep 1, 2015
I'm part of the press too - the 1st Amendment applies to all citizens equally. I don't recognize their privilege of working for a corporate entity as valid.

Again, it is not a separate entity from you or I.
Sweet. Tell us how your next attempt to get on Air Force One goes.

ickythingz

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Anyone see this exchange earlier?

Forget about the fact that it's CNN or Jim Acosta doing the speaking here -- because I know some of you will immediately dismiss this clip outright because of that. The Press should absolutely NOT be labelled as the "Enemy of the People" by the President of the United States. Period.
But when they are literally the enemy of the people at the moment, why would they not be labeled as such? The fact that Trump has not begun rounding these people up and removing them from existence should show you how great Trump actually is.

Apr 17, 2018
Hull, Québec, Canada
Why would I? He's guilty as fuck, and (given the crimes are nearly a decade old) it has nothing to do with the last election. He just did corrupt dealings for a corrupt organization.

Coincidentally, said organization was run by Clinton's campaign manager at the time. Strange how you don't apply the same blemish to her, even though they have the same degree of separation.
If you had been following the build up to the trial you'd know why Mueller is banking on the tax evasion and fraud angle in getting ready for the next Manafort trial.

I am much more informed than you are on the matter it seems.

Whataburger

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
https://www.today.com/video/youtube-under-fire-for-allowing-conspiracy-theories-on-a-list-celebrities-public-figures-1289814083720

Videos of conspiracy theories and false information about A-list celebrities and other public figures are a growing headache for YouTube. Many of such videos are from a group call QAnon, a fast-growing right-wing internet community. The problem is raising new concerns about the massive website’s ability to keep its community safe. NBC’s Jo Ling Kent reports for TODAY.

(More about it in the video)
How is this different from The Young Turks? Also why would grown people take anything in youtube seriously?

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Dec 11, 2004
But when they are literally the enemy of the people at the moment, why would they not be labeled as such? The fact that Trump has not begun rounding these people up and removing them from existence should show you how great Trump actually is.
Hmmm ...

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
If you had been following the build up to the trial you'd know why Mueller is banking on the tax evasion and fraud angle in getting ready for the next Manafort trial.

I am much more informed than you are on the matter it seems.
There is nothing on Manafort related to the Trump campaign or the 2016 election. Prove otherwise.

Every charge against him is related to his work for the Podesta group.

Apr 17, 2018
Hull, Québec, Canada
There is nothing on Manafort related to the Trump campaign or the 2016 election. Prove otherwise.

Like I said, you like to sound informed. I now know you aren't.

Finding out why Mueller wants to establish Manafort was broke in 2016 is child's play and you can't seem to figure it out.

You just keep on harping about Podesta and yet Manafort is the one on trial and the one who put him on trial (there is another one after this one by the way) is the person leading the investigation into the election.

You aren't interested in anything but playing games.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
They aren’t the enemy of the people. They are the enemy of Trump’s people because they report when Trump trips on his own dick, which is fairly often, and that makes them confused and angry.

zelo-ca

Jan 26, 2018
Like I said, you like to sound informed. I now know you aren't.

Finding out why Mueller wants to establish Manafort was broke in 2016 is child's play and you can't seem to figure it out.

You just keep on harping about Podesta and yet Manafort is the one on trial and the one who put him on trial (there is another one after this one by the way) is the person leading the investigation into the election.

You aren't interested in anything but playing games.
Have you read what is going on in the hearing? Look what the judge is saying. He is agreeing with infinity.

Apr 17, 2018
Hull, Québec, Canada
Have you read what is going on in the hearing? Look what the judge is saying. He is agreeing with infinity.
Him telling the prosecutors to get on with it isn't particularly a big deal. The judge already called our Mueller once during the investigation but he has sided with Mueller every step of the way, did it again yesterday in fact.

Last edited:

Banned
Sep 1, 2015
There’s a virus in Trumpland

“It’s an epidemic of pedophilia,” she said. “The fact that that was acknowledged by someone important — someone who’s close to the president, I don’t know if you follow Q, but he’s proven that he’s in the White House, we just don’t know who it is yet — whoever it is, they’re acknowledging it and it’s bringing everyone together who knows this stuff and it’s just — it’s really powerful.”

“We’re not alone anymore,” she added.
This country is in big fucking trouble.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1015666794986594304.html

Conspiracy theory or not, there is a lot of evidence Q is legit imho
I just got into this and after looking over it for a while, I think that Q at the very least is indeed an insider connected to whats going on. There's too many references between Q and Trump that directly correlate for it to be a coincidence or the work of a troll. Q has also been on spot in some instances regarding the SA purge, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Now if rather or not Trump is bored and is stealth writing Metal Gear Solid 6 in real life than I have no idea. Honestly if it weren't for all the inside references than I would write it off to Hideo Kojima being bored.

Also I'm not saying that people should believe in pizzagate, but I don't think it's wise to write off further stories of child trafficking when we live in a post Penn State, Roman Catholic Church, Jimmy Saville world. It would be naive and ignorant to do otherwise.

Look at how long those cases were suppressed and covered up for decades, naivety is not a luxury that can be afforded anymore.

Marshmallow

Banned
Jul 8, 2018
I just got into this and after looking over it for a while, I think that Q at the very least is indeed an insider connected to whats going on. There's too many references between Q and Trump that directly correlate for it to be a coincidence or the work of a troll. Q has also been on spot in some instances regarding the SA purge, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Now if rather or not Trump is bored and is stealth writing Metal Gear Solid 6 in real life than I have no idea. Honestly if it weren't for all the inside references than I would write it off to Hideo Kojima being bored.

Also I'm not saying that people should believe in pizzagate, but I don't think it's wise to write off further stories of child trafficking when we live in a post Penn State, Roman Catholic Church, Jimmy Saville world. It would be naive and ignorant to do otherwise.

Look at how long those cases were suppressed and covered up for decades, naivety is not a luxury that can be afforded anymore.
Pizzagate did more than damage to child trafficking credibility than anything. Of course there is shit like that going on somewhere, the world is full of evil people. But you are not going to uncover it by checking Hillary's emails and browsing /pol/ and r/conspiracy.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

You do know that there are NO photos of Kojima and Trump at the same time ?
The evidence is right in front of you. Open your eyes.

Last edited:

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1015666794986594304.html

Conspiracy theory or not, there is a lot of evidence Q is legit imho

Most of the 'proof' is because the Q stuff is so voluminius and vague that anything can be linked to it. And by not mentioning any of the countless things that did not happen the appearance is created of Q being accurate all the time.

One example is the 'Q knew about the Saudi missile strike before it was in the news' claim. On November 4th 2017 at 1:30 PM EST Q posted 'What attack took place in SA as operations were undertaken ? Flying objects'. The term flying objects is quite vague. Bullets are flying objects, as are the shrapnel from a bomb. In any kind of attack you'll come across a lot fo flying objects.

To know something before it is in the news is also really unlikely. When papers had to be printed you could have insiders knowing about events in distant countries before the general public. But with twitter and social media you can know things before the CIA station chief in that country does. For the Saudi missile attack there was a tweet by Al Jazeera hours before the Q post saying exactly that.

For me, in GMT +1 this shows a time of 11:28 AM on Nov 4th. In the USA this would be 05:28 EST at the latest. Or several hours before the Q post.

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
If you connect the thumbs up you get a Q

this shit is amazing

Last edited:

Marshmallow

Banned
Jul 8, 2018
What, Q is ANOTHER child-sex ring pedophile cult conspiracy?

What the hell? Why is always pedophilia with these people?

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Jun 17, 2011
This Q shit was pretty entertaining until my sister brought it up in a text the other day. I just sent her a pic of pepperoni pizza and haven't heard back from her.

AgentP

Jun 5, 2011
I guess QAnon has great influence on Trump ;). Who is actually petteling conspiracy theories?
The 17 is actually a reference to the 17 people on meullers team not QAnon LOL. Fucking CNN rofl
That's what CNN was saying... Trump called Mueller's team 17 (and 12) angry Democrats.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
What, Q is ANOTHER child-sex ring pedophile cult conspiracy?

What the hell? Why is always pedophilia with these people?
tl:dr of Q

JFK Jr is Big Boss and has been alive secretly after faking his own death (yes this is a real thing)

Trump is Old Snake

Mueller is Ocelot

Anderson Cooper is Vamp

John McCain is Senator Armstrong

gohepcat

Jul 12, 2004

Jesus Christ you live in an alternate reality. Where the fuck do people get your news? It’s frightening how consistent these bad shit conspiracy theories are.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Jesus Christ you live in an alternate reality. Where the fuck do people get your news? It’s frightening how consistent these bad shit conspiracy theories are.
Because the conspiracies have a basis when the FBI agent who drafted the dossier of Trump-Russia collusion, the lead agent of the investigation was sending text messages to his side chick about how much he hated Trump a week before he submitted the dossier. Political motivations should not be ruled out when there is clear evidence of political bias before the investigation began.

Peter Strzok gave reasonable doubt on the political motivations of the investigation. He got his hand caught in the cookie jar when he got emotional and started texting Lisa Page.

A reason the theories go out of control is because there is no middle ground in the media. So when shit gets out that the motivations of the Trump-Russia collusion are kinda sketchy, the conspiracy theorists go crazy with it which distracts a lot of real concerns.

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
Because the conspiracies have a basis when the FBI agent who drafted the dossier of Trump-Russia collusion, the lead agent of the investigation was sending text messages to his side chick about how much he hated Trump a week before he submitted the dossier. Political motivations should not be ruled out when there is clear evidence of political bias before the investigation began.

Peter Strzok gave reasonable doubt on the political motivations of the investigation. He got his hand caught in the cookie jar when he got emotional and started texting Lisa Page.

A reason the theories go out of control is because there is no middle ground in the media. So when shit gets out that the motivations of the Trump-Russia collusion are kinda sketchy, the conspiracy theorists go crazy with it which distracts a lot of real concerns.
Strzok didn’t draft the dossier. Steele did. That’s why it’s called the Steele dossier.

Last edited:

7echnicolor

May 19, 2010
Gonna laugh so hard when it's finally revealed that it's just a bunch of bored dudes trolling the fuck out of Americans.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
I'm sure Tony Podesta facing many of the exact same charges is a total coincidence.

AgentP

Jun 5, 2011

Kind of sad these people exists and they are becoming mainstream in the Republican party. I don't think I have ever heard of such a thing in my lifetime.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
When your media conglomerates do nothing but puppet their corporate talking points...
When facts are omitted...
When facts are misrepresented...
When stories are ignored...
When whistleblowing and journalism is prosecuted by the US government...
When unelected branches of the Gov't leverage their power to silence dissent...
When the Gov't is already in bed with Facebook and Google...
When a news channel is clearly attempting to push one candidate instead of offering a "marketplace of ideas"...

It's no small wonder that people chase after "conspiracy theories". I'd like to point out, however, that we have all lived through one of the biggest conspiracy theories of the modern age: there were no WMDs in Iraq. Funny how the current prosecutor for our President is the same who lied to us about WMDs in Iraq...

At a certain point, you need to don your tinfoil hat and speak up about this nonsense.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
When your media conglomerates do nothing but puppet their corporate talking points...
When a news channel is clearly attempting to push one candidate instead of offering a "marketplace of ideas"...

It's no small wonder that people chase after "conspiracy theories". I'd like to point out, however, that we have all lived through one of the biggest conspiracy theories of the modern age: there were no WMDs in Iraq. Funny how the current prosecutor for our President is the same who lied to us about WMDs in Iraq...

At a certain point, you need to don your tinfoil hat and speak up about this nonsense.
There's being skeptical and then there's being stupid.

Qanon is embarrassingly stupid.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
There's being skeptical and then there's being stupid.

Qanon is embarrassingly stupid.
Okay, which parts are you skeptical about and which parts are "stupid"?

I'm not sold on QAnon either. I work for the internet and have an intimate understanding of how 4Chan and these smaller conspiracy websites work. I've spoken to their proprietors on the phone, and some of them are batty. Some are not. Some are very smart, actually.

However, what I posted is simply to point out that when your media has failed you, people tend to rally around someone who says "I have the answers". And when those answers seem to fit what's going on, more people rally around that person.

Read Eric Hoffer's True Believer if this doesn't make sense. He literally wrote the book to help Western civilization avoid the rise of Nazi Fascism and Communism in our countries.

Helios

Jun 13, 2018
tl:dr of Q

JFK Jr is Big Boss and has been alive secretly after faking his own death (yes this is a real thing)

Trump is Old Snake

Mueller is Ocelot

Anderson Cooper is Vamp

John McCain is Senator Armstrong
Yeah but who is Q?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
That's also how a lot of passwords, keys, are random'd by manual entry.

Sticking with the conspiracy notion, if Q had -- for instance -- put a mess of files behind a password and was typing that out, it would make sense why the "code" itself was gibberish.

Fair criticism, though! I am in the middle on Q stuff: I've seen things that seemed too coincidental, but then I've also seen Q go silent or not comment on things for weeks when the news appears to be going against their predictions. They could be using the gaps in time to figure out how to weave the next piece of the web, or maybe are holding off to see how news shakes out so that they can integrate it into their conspiracy. To me, the gaps in communication are more indicative of something being fishy than the codes themselves.

And by comparison, actual leakers usually just dump it to WikiLeaks and dust off their hands. Why is Q dragging it out? Oh, "deep state", that's why.

PkunkFury

Jun 17, 2004
USA
Turn to an unknown, anonymous source that couldn't possibly have an agenda
At least with the media, we know who they are, we can figure out what they are pushing, and we can react as consumers if we disagree
Turn to a source where facts do not exist
Turn to a source where misrepresentation is status quo
Turn to myopic sources that push a provably false narrative
This is, of course, a complex issue. And I don't see mainstream media failing to cover it. I do see conspiracy theorists prosecuting mainstream journalism, though
I'm not sure it has anything to do with Q. We all know how the government works, there's no conspiracy here. If it's not working properly, we should push to change it
Facebook and Google are the reason conspiracy theories have proliferated to the current degree. I can find all the information I need about Q on Google
If you're takeaway from the Zuckerberg hearing was that the government is somehow controlling Facebook, I pity you. The hearing was a threat by the government to step in, and everything Facebook has done since is an attempt to remain independent. Considering Facebook is currently fighting a government wiretapping request, I'm not sure how anyone is coming to this conclusion, unless, of course, they are purposefully ignorant to fit their bias
As If these conspiracy theories are not pushing a single candidate or position. As if they somehow offer a superior "marketplace of ideas"
Besides, this has been going on since at least the mid-90s, unless you want to count AM radio, which has been free to do so since the late 80s. While this has not been a good thing, it's certainly not the impetus for the growth of Q

It's no small wonder that people chase after "conspiracy theories".
If it's for the above reasons, I don't see how this could be construed as anything other than people willfully going from bad to worse. If people want confirmation bias, want scapegoats, want to justify societally unfavorable positions, of course they'll flock to any source that tells them they are right. That doesn't seem to be what you're stating here, although it's certainly what you're implying

I'd like to point out, however, that we have all lived through one of the biggest conspiracy theories of the modern age: there were no WMDs in Iraq. Funny how the current prosecutor for our President is the same who lied to us about WMDs in Iraq...
Who are you referring to? I have my suspicion, but he was never even in a position to lie about WMDs in Iraq

You are posting this in a thread about Q anon, the "everyone is a satanic, baby-eating pedophile except Trump" conspiracy.

Okay, which parts are you skeptical about and which parts are "stupid"?
Here's my take on where I'm skeptical and what is stupid based on the embarassing video posted above by @AgentP:

QAnon is a shadow civil war between rogue intelligence agencies and "good guys" - stupid
Q is not a guy, it's a group - I believe this
The people that have the full scope of the picture is less than 10 - stupid
QAnon is JFK junior -stupid
JFK junior is alive and he brought the plan to Donald pre-1999 - stupid
Trump is part of the Q team - doubtful, call it skeptical. Trump clearly isn't doing any of this, but handlers somewhere may be involved and thus he might be roped in on occasion
When it's signed as 4/10/20 that's Donald J. Trump - stupid
You've got to understand numerology to know that - WTF??
Donald Trump is one of the most intelligent men in our lifetime, top 5, believe it or not - stupid
Q is working to disrupt human trafficking rings - stupid on its surface, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and claim one could be skeptical here, as human trafficking rings do exist, and powerful people are likely involved. I just see no reason to think everyone but Donald Trump is involved
Hillary Clinton is a pedophile - stupid
Hillary Clinton practices child sacrifice in order to obtain adrenochrome - WTF??? extreeeemely stupid
Babies are bred specifically for this purpose - stupid
Hillary Clinton, John Podesta, John McCain, George Bush, Obama, James Comey are all involved - stupid; news flash for you, these people don't even get along. what's the only thing these people have in common? They don't like Trump, and they stood in Russia's way
Michelle Obama is a man - :pie_eyeroll: why????
Flat Earth is being sent out to distract people - Agreed!!!!!
When we scrutinize all of those things coming from NASA, all CGI - ggggroooooooannnnn
9-11, inside job - skeptical, just because it's possible some government agencies had information they did not properly act on
various food language used for code words in pedophile circles - stupid
Russia colluded with Hillary and Barack - stupid, but I'll give you skeptical here, as "collusion" is a meaningless term and any form of negotiation could be construed
What people are seeing is Demonic possession -stupid
Queen of England was accused of being a shape shifter by Putin - LOL, of course this claim would be attributed to Putin, and of course these people aren't suspecting Putin of being a shapeshifter, pedo, baby eater, etc. Weird how it works that way, isn't it?
Cancer can be cured but the government is holding it back, "I've seen it done" - Holy LOL stupid
Lizard People - stupid

I'm not sold on QAnon either. I work for the internet and have an intimate understanding of how 4Chan and these smaller conspiracy websites work. I've spoken to their proprietors on the phone, and some of them are batty. Some are not. Some are very smart, actually.
How does one work for "the internet", I'm curious?
What intimate understanding do you have about how 4Chan works that could help us understand Q? It's an anonymous message board service. Are you implying 4chan management orchestrated Q?

However, what I posted is simply to point out that when your media has failed you, people tend to rally around someone who says "I have the answers". And when those answers seem to fit what's going on, more people rally around that person.
So when media has "failed" people (presumably this means it is not conforming to their biases) they jump to somewhere that is even less trustworthy because it conforms to their biases? Yeah, that makes sense. What answers does Q provide that fit "what's going on"?

Read Eric Hoffer's True Believer if this doesn't make sense. He literally wrote the book to help Western civilization avoid the rise of Nazi Fascism and Communism in our countries.
Interesting you bring up Hoffer. I've read True Believer, albeit ages ago. Where do you think Hoffer would find "True Believers" in today's political climate?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Turn to an unknown, anonymous source that couldn't possibly have an agenda
At least with the media, we know who they are, we can figure out what they are pushing, and we can react as consumers if we disagree
Turn to a source where facts do not exist
Turn to a source where misrepresentation is status quo
Turn to myopic sources that push a provably false narrative
Your disdain for people who follow Q is obvious. I'm just pointing out there is a reason beyond "they just want to believe conspiracy theories, those nutjobs".

This is, of course, a complex issue. And I don't see mainstream media failing to cover it. I do see conspiracy theorists prosecuting mainstream journalism, though
Ah, so now it's a complex issue. Always funny how "it's complicated" when it implicates the political party that you personally like. It's not a conspiracy when it's true. Our media utterly failed the American public when it came to the 2016 elections, on so many fronts.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Q. We all know how the government works, there's no conspiracy here. If it's not working properly, we should push to change it
Demonstrably false. We do not all know how the government works because our government is not transparent. You can hardly point out where it is or isn't working properly when the main watchdogs (press corps) pick a side.

Facebook and Google are the reason conspiracy theories have proliferated to the current degree. I can find all the information I need about Q on Google
If you're takeaway from the Zuckerberg hearing was that the government is somehow controlling Facebook, I pity you.
It's funny how you say you "pity me" if I feel like the Government is trying to somehow control Facebook and then you say this...

The hearing was a threat by the government to step in, and everything Facebook has done since is an attempt to remain independent. Considering Facebook is currently fighting a government wiretapping request, I'm not sure how anyone is coming to this conclusion, unless, of course, they are purposefully ignorant to fit their bias
Help me understand how that does not qualify as Gov't control? You said it yourself: the Gov't continues to threaten to step in and Facebook plays nice to avoid that happening. How is that not considered a form of control?

As If these conspiracy theories are not pushing a single candidate or position. As if they somehow offer a superior "marketplace of ideas"
Are they? Because many do not support Trump. Don't forget that two of the biggest "conspiracies" in the past 20 years -- Catholic molestation and WMDs in Iraq -- targeted conservative institutions!

Besides, this has been going on since at least the mid-90s, unless you want to count AM radio, which has been free to do so since the late 80s. While this has not been a good thing, it's certainly not the impetus for the growth of Q
Not sure what "thing" has been going on since the mid-90s. Conspiracy? Gov't influence over other countries' elections? Assassination? Media manipulattion?

If it's for the above reasons, I don't see how this could be construed as anything other than people willfully going from bad to worse.
Your own short-sightedness and inability to "see how this could be anything other than people willfully going from bad to worse" (i.e. it's their fault they are acting so stupidly) is why we are in this mess. Somewhere down the line you seem to have caught the notion that if you shill harder for your side, you'll be somehow rewarded in Heaven or something. You are very ideologically-driven. Pause a moment and consider this is what got Trump elected.

If people want confirmation bias, want scapegoats, want to justify societally unfavorable positions, of course they'll flock to any source that tells them they are right.
The same logic applies to mainstream news outlets, so I'm unsure what you're saying here.

That doesn't seem to be what you're stating here, although it's certainly what you're implying
I'm pointing out that the media has failed people, pushing them into the arms of others who can provide "answers".

Who are you referring to? I have my suspicion, but he was never even in a position to lie about WMDs in Iraq
Mueller.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4719428/mueller-testifies-iraqs-wmds

You are posting this in a thread about Q anon, the "everyone is a satanic, baby-eating pedophile except Trump" conspiracy.
You must've confused Alex Jones or the group who "translates" Q's posts with the posts themselves. But since it's clear you get your information second-hand or not at all, it comes as no surprise that you would misunderstand.

Here's my take on where I'm skeptical and what is stupid based on the embarassing video posted above by @AgentP:

QAnon is a shadow civil war between rogue intelligence agencies and "good guys" - stupid
Q is not a guy, it's a group - I believe this
The people that have the full scope of the picture is less than 10 - stupid
QAnon is JFK junior -stupid
JFK junior is alive and he brought the plan to Donald pre-1999 - stupid
Trump is part of the Q team - doubtful, call it skeptical. Trump clearly isn't doing any of this, but handlers somewhere may be involved and thus he might be roped in on occasion
When it's signed as 4/10/20 that's Donald J. Trump - stupid
You've got to understand numerology to know that - WTF??
Donald Trump is one of the most intelligent men in our lifetime, top 5, believe it or not - stupid
Q is working to disrupt human trafficking rings - stupid on its surface, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and claim one could be skeptical here, as human trafficking rings do exist, and powerful people are likely involved. I just see no reason to think everyone but Donald Trump is involved
Hillary Clinton is a pedophile - stupid
Hillary Clinton practices child sacrifice in order to obtain adrenochrome - WTF??? extreeeemely stupid
Babies are bred specifically for this purpose - stupid
Hillary Clinton, John Podesta, John McCain, George Bush, Obama, James Comey are all involved - stupid; news flash for you, these people don't even get along. what's the only thing these people have in common? They don't like Trump, and they stood in Russia's way
Michelle Obama is a man - :pie_eyeroll: why????
Flat Earth is being sent out to distract people - Agreed!!!!!
When we scrutinize all of those things coming from NASA, all CGI - ggggroooooooannnnn
9-11, inside job - skeptical, just because it's possible some government agencies had information they did not properly act on
various food language used for code words in pedophile circles - stupid
Russia colluded with Hillary and Barack - stupid, but I'll give you skeptical here, as "collusion" is a meaningless term and any form of negotiation could be construed
What people are seeing is Demonic possession -stupid
Queen of England was accused of being a shape shifter by Putin - LOL, of course this claim would be attributed to Putin, and of course these people aren't suspecting Putin of being a shapeshifter, pedo, baby eater, etc. Weird how it works that way, isn't it?
Cancer can be cured but the government is holding it back, "I've seen it done" - Holy LOL stupid
Lizard People - stupid
All of the bolded are things I've either never heard (though I've kept up on Q, casually, because it is significantly more interesting and more put-together than 95% of internet conspiracy theories) or things that are separate conspiracies (such as Lizard people, Gov't holding back cures, Demonic possession, etc) that predate Q's posts.

How does one work for "the internet", I'm curious?
You are aware that every website is hosted somewhere, right?

What intimate understanding do you have about how 4Chan works that could help us understand Q?
I don't know what it is you're hoping for me to provide here beyond my experience, which I won't get into much more detail. I did already answer, though:

some of them are batty. Some are not. Some are very smart, actually.
Point being: there is merit to some of the things Q talks about, as you yourself already acknowledged in your laundry-list above. That is why I am "in the middle on Q" instead of being completely For or Against.

It's an anonymous message board service. Are you implying 4chan management orchestrated Q?
I wouldn't have knowledge about that either way. I'm not sure it's relevant. A genuine leaker could use 4chan -- or any other website -- to leak. A faker could, too. That's why the content of the posts gets examined.

So when media has "failed" people (presumably this means it is not conforming to their biases)
No, you may not presume that. Media has failed us in many ways, some of which I have already listed. It's not either a) the media has failed us or b) the people fleeing traditional media are only doing it because it doesn't conform to their bias. You have an extremely binary view of politics and the world in general.

they jump to somewhere that is even less trustworthy because it conforms to their biases?
No. When the media doesn't address a topic at all, or if they address it in a way that is quite obviously a lie, people will seek out more information.

But sure. SURE. The people who scratched their heads -- for instance -- after being told the Clinton emails "were illegal to look at or download" were just being biased.

What a crock of partisan shit. I hope you're getting paid for your hard work.

Yeah, that makes sense. What answers does Q provide that fit "what's going on"?
Q's entire bit is about "what's going on". Whether it is answers about the Las Vegas shooting, events in Russia, mysterious deaths of journalists, etc. that is what Q seems to talk about. And unfortunately, the media doesn't even expend the effort to set the record straight. Instead, they "go after" Q which only makes it worse.

Interesting you bring up Hoffer. I've read True Believer, albeit ages ago. Where do you think Hoffer would find "True Believers" in today's political climate?
Where would he find them? Many places, though if you're asking for which political party I would say that Dems and Reps are both suffering greatly from the issues he described.