• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime Re-Reveal gameplay trailer (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch, May 2017)

kadab

I just saw small glimpses of gameplay in the trailer (most of it looked like cinematic pieces). Maybe next trailer they could show us a pure gameplay section. Right now i dont know.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
They kinda are, because they are receiving funds from the Spanish goverment, money that comes from my and co-citizens pockets.

Almost everything gets subsidized in some way or another by our tax money, whether we want it or not. And rumors really shouldn't be taken into account to what gets subsidized.

Because no one wants a witch hunt. He's not really defending them either. He offers no praise for the game since he hasn't played it yet. He is just saying that he won't write the game off because of the studio's internal problems in the past, since the game we're seeing here does look like the one they showed at the beginning, even if the game did not actually exist in that form when they first showed it.

No one is doing a witch hunt, they've just expressed their scepticism after the fake trailer and the notion that the game was playable when it was not.

I feel like that's perfectly fair.

The game does look worse than the original trailers atmospherically/animation wise and texture wise, but it also looks more like a Journey rip off gameplay wise.
Have you played Journey because I don't remember anything at all like this trailer being in the game. Design aspects aside the gameplay looks completely different - more like Ico and Zelda than Journey.

I mean in Journey you walk and jump. That's it. I don't mean this in a negative way towards Journey, just saying, the gameplay is completely different. If the trailer is representative of actual gameplay you can already see a way more robust set of moves and puzzles.

lherre

Accurate
I think the trailer shows a big downgrade from the first one (understandable) but at least it appears somerthing real.

I had completely written this game off after being pretty hyped for it a few years ago, but I am glad to see that things have (hopefully) come together for it. Looking forward to still checking it out.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
While the game is in a great state, one that we were ready to reveal, it is still going through polish, optimization and bug fixes. So done in the sense that we can play through the game beginning to end yes, but we need to make sure it is in the best possible state before May.

Does this also hold for the Switch version?

Also: Will there be (as far as it is possible considering no official launchd ate was set for Switch yet) parity in release timing and options (i.e. physical / digital) between Switch and PS4/One? I would prefer to get the Switch version, but if retail is only an option on Xbox One, then I will prefer that.

Also, since many people are citing Ico similarities, does Rime come with a simple, quick and direct set of controls? I'm quite sensitive to controls.

Wollan

Being dropped by previous publisher, very cheap price and sudden near future release... yet visually very good.
Will not pre-order but will keep my eyes on impressions.

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Does this also hold for the Switch version?

Also: Will there be (as far as it is possible considering no official launchd ate was set for Switch yet) parity in release timing and options (i.e. physical / digital) between Switch and PS4/One? I would prefer to get the Switch version, but if retail is only an option on Xbox One, then I will prefer that.

Also, since many people are citing Ico similarities, does Rime come with a simple, quick and direct set of controls? I'm quite sensitive to controls.

I don't know the exact state of each specific console so I can't really give you direction on that We're still investigating retail versus digital and will let everyone know when we have a solution

As for controls they are not complicated, they are intuitive and will be familiar to anyone who has played a 3rd person game in the past.

EDarkness

I don't know the exact state of each specific console so I can't really give you direction on that We're still investigating retail versus digital and will let everyone know when we have a solution

As for controls they are not complicated, they are intuitive and will be familiar to anyone who has played a 3rd person game in the past.

Will the NS version get some motion controls or IR/gyro aiming?

The game does look worse than the original trailers atmospherically/animation wise and texture wise, but it also looks more like a Journey rip off gameplay wise.
wut

If we're gonna make comparisons, I'd say this was more in line with like Team Ico games or a 3rd person The Witness.

Glix

Pretty dumb to release a cinematic trailer after everything that was said and happened.

I need to see some actual gameplay.

Almost everything gets subsidized in some way or another by our tax money, whether we want it or not. And rumors really shouldn't be taken into account to what gets subsidized.

I like the gaming industry getting subized, I wish more public money would went to culture in my country.

What I don't like is that money being misused and wasted, not saying is the case here, but is the reason why Tequila Works development issues are my business.

NeoRaider

Pretty dumb to release a cinematic trailer after everything that was said and happened.

I need to see some actual gameplay.

From IGN:

Our IGN Spain team visited developer Tequila Works (whose previous game, Deadlight, was part of 2012's Xbox Summer of Arcade promotion and earned a very favorable review from IGN) to play Rime and discuss the project with the developers – including what happened with Sony and what has been happening with the game since. We'll be bringing you that coverage all January long, so be sure to check back regularly for gameplay videos, hands-on impressions, interviews with Tequila Works, and more!

I want the first trailer game back ;_;
It looks the same...

giphy.gif

Humdinger

Yeah, except it's not an indie. It has a publisher.

Eh, it's an indie to me. Seems like the prices of indies have inched up, on console anyhow. Used to be $20 was about the top, now $30 is fairly common. To me, that's too much to shell out for what is typically about a 4 hour experience, unless it's outstanding (amplified by lack of resale value, although this one has a physical disc).

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Hi, do you have info will there be physical PC version or it will be digital only for PC?
Thanks.

Right now we are planning a launch on Steam, however, we are always looking for the best avenue to get the game into our fans hands. If we do decide to go the physical route for PC we will let you know!

Great question, thanks for asking it!

Top Bottom