• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rioters Moving into Gated Communities Now

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This fear of being called racist is at the heart of it. The United States is being defeated by words.
Our overly-polite, religious sensibilities are the main thing holding us back, but that fear mainly exists in the people who already support the movement, so it means a lot less than you are making it out to be.

If things got truly "bad", not a single one of these rioters would've made it to the front yard. The permissiveness of it all should be taken as a sign that people don't really take them seriously or see them as a threat.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

Piku_Ringo

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015

Castle Doctrine. In Missouri, you have the right to stand your ground wherever you are, as long as you are there legally. Essentially, you have no duty to retreat from your property, and deadly force is permitted in the defense of said property. You don't even have to justify your actions if someone illegally enters your property.

Missouri Self-Defense Laws in a nutshell:
Well, they have the Castle Doctrine in MO, so if someone comes into your home with the intention of harming you, you can do what you've gotta do.

I'm glad to hear that, cause you never really know with some of these states who frown upon you defending your life against those seeking to do harm to you.

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
I'm glad to hear that, cause you never really know with some of these states who frown upon you defending your life against those seeking to do harm to you.
I saw somewhere that the two they were threatening were personal injury lawyers, too, so uh.... they probably know how it works, too.

IE: Those protesters were sooooooo lucky.

Reactions: Halo is Dead

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Florida law is stand your ground. There is no duty to retreat. I think this duty to retreat bullshit should be banned outright. It's blatantly unconstitutional.
In my state, we have a Castle Doctrine law, but it's not as extensive as Missouri's. You can defend your home, but only once someone has entered your home. You can't shoot them if they're on your porch saying they're going to kill you. We also don't have a Stand Your Ground law. If I was out and about, I still have a duty to retreat. I can't defend myself unless I have no other options. I wish my state had Missouri's Castle Doctrine law.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I don't own a single gun and even I know you aren't supposed to hold a gun like that. Jesus.
As usual, another stupid and disingenuous post from Nobody_Important Nobody_Important .

50 or so "protestors" illegally break onto private roads and trespass on people's property, and your big concern is how people are holding their gun

Hissing Sid

Feb 19, 2015
You also dont casually point a gun like that. Accidents happen, you dont point unless you absolutely intent to shoot at what you are pointing at.
Note to self.

When mob arrives at front door step outside and carefully point weapon away from the mob signalling your intent not to shoot.

If possible remove magazine and place it on the ground in front of you feed side up so that the mob can see that it wasn't charged in the first place.

To further facilitate riot relations pull back the bolt and allow each member of the mob to closely inspect the empty chamber.

Slowly lower yourself onto one knee and bow your head in the direction of the mob remembering to point the empty weapon behind you at the house the entire time.

Using a pre-prepared bowl of warm soapy water, offer to sponge down the feet of the rioters taking particular care to properly remove all traces of toenail cheese.

If these steps are properly adhered to the mob will then quietly disperse.

That about cover it chief?

The guy looks pretty intent to me.

If a mob turned up at my front door and I had a gat you can can be sure as shit it'd be firmly locked into my shoulder with the safety off and a bunch of heads filling the sights.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I own several and both of them are fine.

The woman's trigger discipline could use a little work but given the stress she was under, it's acceptable.
The trigger discipline is what I was referring to. Well that and having the (presumably loaded?) Gun pointed at other people.

Last edited:

Croatoan

Jun 24, 2014
In Texas we have stand your ground laws and the right to protect property with lethal force. Our lives don't even have to be in danger, come after our roses and we can fucking dust your ass with impunity.

This is why you NEVER tress pass on anyone's property in Texas. That goes for farmland and ranch land too. You will be dead real quick in many circumstances.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2016
Note to self.

When mob arrives at front door step outside and carefully point weapon away from the mob signalling your intent not to shoot.

If possible remove magazine and place it on the ground in front of you feed side up so that the mob can see that it wasn't charged in the first place.

To further facilitate riot relations pull back the bolt and allow each member of the mob to closely inspect the empty chamber.

Slowly lower yourself onto one knee and bow your head in the direction of the mob remembering to point the empty weapon behind you at the house the entire time.

Using a pre-prepared bowl of warm soapy water, offer to sponge down the feet of the rioters taking particular care to properly remove all traces of toenail cheese.

If these steps are adhered to the mob will quietly disperse.

That about cover it chief?

The guy looks pretty intent to me.

If a mob turned up at my front door and I had a gat you can can be sure as shit it'd be firmly locked into my shoulder with the safety off and a bunch of heads filling the sights.
Thank you for that asinine post, I'm sure you a a real Rambo. Brandishing a weapon will usually get your point across; randomly sweeping a gun in the direction of a group of people on a sidewalk is not smart, especially when she isnt even aiming (and half the time shes not even looking at where shes pointing it) and obviously has no control over the weapon. This might be news to you but guns are not toys and life isnt an action movie. I dont have much issues with the guy as he is pointing at the ground most of the time in the video.

Reactions: DeafTourette

Meicyn

Banned
Jan 22, 2010
So, this situation is interesting and I brought up roof Koreans partly for a bit of comedy, but more specifically because of how the LA riots played out in 1992. Were the Koreans defending their stores, racist? Do people have a right to trespass on property and do they have a right to break private property?

Monkeygourmet

Jul 8, 2019
It’s mind boggling seeing the opposing view...

‘These couple are crazy, they should be locked up / doxxed...’ etc etc

All the while forgetting (like they always do) that sometimes people wish to have a private space where they can INVITE others over too, not have their lives encroached on by a group of people they have no idea who they are.

You know... a private space? your home...? a

*SAFE SPACE*

You know, the kind of safe space these dipshits keep wanting to retreat from when they don’t wish to engage.

Again, rules for me, not for thee...

Jesus... absolute plankton...

Last edited:

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
So, this situation is interesting and I brought up roof Koreans partly for a bit of comedy, but more specifically because of how the LA riots played out in 1992. Were the Koreans defending their stores, racist? Do people have a right to trespass on property and do they have a right to break private property?
No to both. Although I don't think the mob cares about what laws they break. It's why I say people are wasting their time pointing out the hypocrisy or trying to explain basic rule of law to the mob. Pulling out a gun and firing a few shots into the air will usually send them running.

Oct 26, 2018
This fear of being called racist is at the heart of it. The United States is being defeated by words.
Kids in grade school slinging insults at each during recess have thicker skin.

So much for the advice "just ignore them. It's just words"

Who knew adults act like bigger babies than 9 year olds.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I'm not clicking that if it shows someone dying. Also what is the point of linking that? You seriously think I'm going to defend murder?
The point is, if you watched that video, in broad daylight a guy calmly walked up pulled a gun in less than a second and unloaded his magazine into a car. So, if you did watch it and compare to the couple who were on their property, bearing arms and NOT shooting anyone, you would see how ridiculous your opinion on trigger discipline is while a mob is trespassing.

The only complaint I have on that couple is that the husband should not have muzzle swept his wife, but everything else holds muster when you are being threatened on your property from people where their intent is not only unknown, but must be considered to be armed (due to the fact that they are trespassing in numbers) as we saw how fast a gun can be pulled if you are not expecting it.

Last edited:

Hissing Sid

Feb 19, 2015
Thank you for that asinine post, I'm sure you a a real Rambo. Brandishing a weapon will usually get your point across; randomly sweeping a gun in the direction of a group of people on a sidewalk is not smart, especially when she isnt even aiming (and half the time shes not even looking at where shes pointing it) and obviously has no control over the weapon. This might be news to you but guns are not toys and life isnt an action movie. I dont have much issues with the guy as he is pointing at the ground most of the time in the video.
A group of people on a sidewalk?

Are you taking the piss?

A mob invaded their property and threatened them. These people were in fear of their lives and your no.1 point of concern is the womans firearms etiquette?

Edited to add.

And talking message board tough or acting like Rambo has nothing to do with it. A weapon is only a deterrent if the person on the other side thinks you're going to use it so you're damn right I'd be pointing it at a mob of people invading my property when I have no idea of their intentions or if they are carrying weapons of their own.

Last edited:

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019

Are you taking the piss?

A mob invaded their property and threatened them. These people were in fear of their lives and your no.1 point of concern is the womans firearms etiquette?

That bitch looks like she's looking at her husband thinking "he's next"

Monkeygourmet

Jul 8, 2019

Are you taking the piss?

Hold on - marching to complain about the fact that the mayor read out names / addresses of certain individuals?

Response to these 2 people not wanting randoms on their fucking private property?

“Find our who they are! DOXX them!!!”

wtf 🤪🤪🤪

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Hold on - marching to complain about the fact that the mayor read out names / addresses of certain individuals?

Response to these 2 people not wanting randoms on their fucking private property?

“Find our who they are! DOXX them!!!”

wtf 🤪🤪🤪
If you're not willing to cede property, capital, and power in the name of BLM, you are part of the white supremacist patriarchy and need to be removed.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
blows my mind how many people are taking that couple to task for defending their property. Everyone calling them "peaceful protestors", when theres footage of a block away them beating people and they broke the gate to get into their community.
And not a single bit of outrage from the very media for all the killings, battery, and vandalism by these rioters.

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
blows my mind how many people are taking that couple to task for defending their property. Everyone calling them "peaceful protestors", when theres footage of a block away them beating people and they broke the gate to get into their community.
They are indeed the enemy of the people.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Apr 11, 2007
For years I've been against the gun culture in the US (I am not American so it didn't affect me but just my thoughts on it were against). For years I thought that except their stance on Islam the Republicans were wrong about everything esle.
Boy have I come around in last couple of years. Have your guns, US. The media and the system has abandoned you, especially in Democrat states and cities. If I was at your place, I sure as hell would want guns right now.