• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP SOCOM: ....Confrontation, SOCOM 4, MAG servers going down

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@PlayStation 2:59 PM
Advisory: Online multiplayer services for MAG, SOCOM Confrontation, and SOCOM 4 will be ending on 01/28/14

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

Socom? really? I thought this was one of sony's bigger franchises at the start of the gen.
Way to piss away a lot of goodwill going into next gen.

Then again, console communities never live long I assume the mp has been dead for years?

macewank

i am disappoint :(

I actually liked MAG. Socom 4 was a turd, and SOCOM Confrontation never really captured the magic.. but man, poor Zipper :(

Plankfan

They're killing the SOCOM 4 servers after less than 3 years. Wow, I guess that month-long PSN outage really put a dent in it.

elfinke

I stopped playing MAG around the time the playerbase was fragmented between the haves and have nots and associated gameplay changes, but it was easily my favourite console shooter this gen. R(z)ipper game.

Guess I'll have to fire it up and say farewell at some stage.

dugdug

Banned
MAG was my favorite online FPS this gen.

What a bummer. Hope this somehow ignites the community to help it go out with a bang.

DaveKol

Neo Member
Terrible news (not really surprising ones tho), I still played MAG occasionally and the servers were awful but with a decent amount of players still.

Krakn3Dfx

But I paid $1 for MAG at Gamestop, and still haven't gotten my money out of it!

Actually, I played like 2 hours one day, and it seems pretty cool. I should play more while I can I guess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I ain't even mad. Constipation was terrible. 4 was alright but not really Socom. Mag could've been good if the gunplay was fun, but it wasn't. So... :/

zeelman

I really hope this doesn't happen on the PS4 since we have to pay to play games online.

(Yes, I know games get shutdown on Xbox Live as well, I still don't like it.)

AwShucks

Sad. I'd love it if Socom 2 made a comeback. I went back and played it when Socom 4 was coming out, it was still amazing even now.

Pachimari

Are you kidding me!? I'll miss MAG. =;(

I'm gonna play it a LOT until January 28. I guess I'll jump ship to PlanetSide 2 on PS4.

ThisOne

I bought Socom 4 about a week before psn went down and I never played it again. Ended up selling it on eBay just a few weeks later. Didn't seem like a bad game though..

demolitio

They're doing this to break us down before telling us SOCOM 2 HD or SOCOM 5 is coming to the PS4!! Right? ...Right? ..... ... .... :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Everybody G^

4ce!

GG

Butterstick, Vote him the fuck out!

*Nostalgia*

Funny MAG is getting shuttered, all that free PS+ DLC = Pointless now, *womp womp*

Top Bottom